Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who goes further this season from the NFC West?
San Francisco 58 45.31%
Seattle 70 54.69%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2014, 09:22 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
I want us to trade up for a playmaker, either a DB or WR. But i also hope we keep stockpiling future picks. We traded for a 2014 3rd rounder in last year's draft, and traded up for Eric Reid. So we can do both.
I would only trade up for Gilbert, Pryor or Watkins but quite honestly, I dont see any of that happening because I think that all three will be gone in the top 20. Granted, team could trade up like last year but remains to be seen.

Stockpiling picks is good and bad. Good for the future and if you want to trade up, the option is there. Bad because a lot of extra picks get wasted on guys who dont make the team and get signed by other teams.

Balance is the key. Not too few but not so many either. This year, im going to say 10 draft picks would be perfect. Two CB's, a safety, a center, a LG, an OT, a K, two WR's and a backup safety. We'll most likely have 13 draft picks, so getting 10 players overall would be ideal and allow us a lot flexibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I still firmly believe the Niners want to get that running game back to being a dominant force before they worry about WRs. Especially if they get Boldin back.

Both fanbases want WRs but the reality is that these teams are more concerned with building the defensive fronts. I wouldn't be surprised to see them focus on receiver in the mid-late rounds. The Niners will also need another S and CBs.
A lot of 49er fans want a WR in round one. Me personally, I would go CB/safety or safety/CB and a center with the first three picks which would consist of the first two rounds. WR in the third along with a LG and then a second WR with the third round compensation pick or later on.

49ers DL and LB core isnt the problem. Secondary is the problem. I want Rogers, Brown, Wright and Whitner to all be gone. With all the draft picks the 49ers have, its time to start making moves to not only acquire talent but to acquire talent in positions that are needed. Obviously, there's no way in knowing but I think that CB and safety are more important than WR, with or without re-signing Boldin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Hopefully this is where the Lattimore selection pays off.
Hope so too but I would still keep Gore as the starter and ease Lattimore into the offense. Let him learn from Gore and then start in 2015. I wouldnt ask or expect him to carry the load in 2014 because by the time he plays in a meaningful game, it would be almost two years since he played in a game. If we keep Gore which we should, there's no reason to rush Lattimore.

Last edited by dan77733 : 02-06-2014 at 09:25 PM.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:00 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gore to Lattimore will be nice. That was such a nice luxury pick but it could really pay off.

My dream that will never Happen is Gerhart to SF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote