Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-19-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
What? This is not remotely an issue of "waiting to hear what the actual guidelines were from MS". In this particular case, MS clear delineated what the guidelines were. There was no ambiguity about the fact that for instance you would have to check in once every 24 hours. Microsoft clearly stated that was a requirement, they clearly stated that they had no intention to change, and there were no details of that requirement left to guessing. You can't now say, "yeah, well, we were planning to wait for them to completely reverse their policies all along!"
Not what I said. Not even close. What i was referencing was our comments about the used game policy (which youve already proven you didn't have a handle on pages ago when you for some reason tried calling me out, after I had posted numerous links, pre and post interjection, but I digress). I'm not going to repost everything Ive already said in this thread because you didn't read it the first time....or are apparently continuing to not read presently.

Youre literally not even grasping at straws here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this doesn't sway more people to buy an XBone then there's literally no reason to change the policies. Just keep them if everyone's still going to buy one.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
separate comment for unrelated, but i don't think this changes many people's buy choice at this point. it's great for xbox people, and i'm happy you'll have a system that isn't, imo, crippled by stupid technical decisions. but i still don't want to pay $100 for a **** peripheral, and i'm still a spec *****. i'm guessing most people were either going to:

- swallow MS's/Sony's **** because they like games on either more (you could lump in the multiplayer experience here, as applicable)
- buy the lowest price

as much as the internet raged, i don't really believe that an appreciable number of minds were changed with the reversal.
I agree. I think if Microsoft dropped their price tag to $400 without Kinect, that would change some minds. Particularly people who were leaning toward XBox, but shifted over to the PS4 for various reasons.

As a whole, I don't think this changes much. Maybe for some people who really wanted to go XBox but just didn't like all the limitations. It's a good start and it was nice to see Microsoft actually listen for a change.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
separate comment for unrelated, but i don't think this changes many people's buy choice at this point. it's great for xbox people, and i'm happy you'll have a system that isn't, imo, crippled by stupid technical decisions. but i still don't want to pay $100 for a **** peripheral, and i'm still a spec *****. i'm guessing most people were either going to:

- swallow MS's/Sony's **** because they like games on either more (you could lump in the multiplayer experience here, as applicable)
- buy the lowest price

as much as the internet raged, i don't really believe that an appreciable number of minds were changed with the reversal.
DUDE, the PS4 can transfer so much data so fast!!! And this time its simpler for the developers to work with PS4, and the Xbox is the pain this time.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Not what I said. Not even close. What i was referencing was our comments about the used game policy (which youve already proven you didn't have a handle on pages ago when you for some reason tried calling me out, after I had posted numerous links, pre and post interjection, but I digress). I'm not going to repost everything Ive already said in this thread because you didn't read it the first time....or are apparently continuing to not read presently.

Youre literally not even grasping at straws here.
So you completely dropped the discussion at hand and instead decided to reference and critique days old posts, instead of the actual comment that you replied to. OK.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So you completely dropped the discussion at hand and instead decided to reference and critique days old posts, instead of the actual comment that you replied to. OK.
If youre this illiterate I'm not even wasting my time. That day old post I brought up, was exactly what Forenci and I were talking about when we brought up the fact that we had mentioned MS had yet to reveal their full plan for that particular policy. I never said ALL policies (your post about always online), I was referencing exactly what it was we were talking about. Good lord....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What? This is not remotely an issue of "waiting to hear what the actual guidelines were from MS". In this particular case, MS clear delineated what the guidelines were. There was no ambiguity about the fact that for instance you would have to check in once every 24 hours. Microsoft clearly stated that was a requirement, they clearly stated that they had no intention to change, and there were no details of that requirement left to guessing. You can't now say, "yeah, well, we were planning to wait for them to completely reverse their policies all along!"
We weren't waiting for them to reverse them, but plenty of us said it was a possibility and that we should wait till it gets closer to release day to actually see what the policies are.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jvig feeling the need to bring me up. Bless his soul. The fact he was already gobbling Microsoft's nob on day one means I'll take nothing from the discussion though. Microsoft announced terrible policies and was condemned. People defended it here. They repeal and people here say "I told you so despite earlier saying it didn't matter". Sigh.

Good on Microsoft for repealing their draconian policies. Very good for competition. Back on the fence about which console to buy well after release now. :)
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If youre this illiterate I'm not even wasting my time. That day old post I brought up, was exactly what Forenci and I were talking about when we brought up the fact that we had mentioned MS had yet to reveal their full plan for that particular policy. I never said ALL policies (your post about always online), I was referencing exactly what it was we were talking about. Good lord....
You should probably go back and look at your own post;

Quote:
In fact, if anything this reversal just makes your posts even funnier, since Forenci, Vidae, OSU and I all stated that the details were vague and there was no reason to just make assumptions about these models or systems until all the details were revealed by MS. (which admittedly was a stupid way to go about it since most of those restrictions pissed everyone off to kingdom come in the first place)
It's pretty obvious that you're discussing Microsoft's reversal of their stated policies. They obviously can't reverse anything they hadn't revealed, so you had to clearly be referring to issues such as the 24 hour check-in requirement, and that somehow Microsoft abandoning such provisions proved you right. Again, your own post clearly indicates you were not simply discussing unrevealed policies as you may claim, but also clearly hailing the reversal of revealed policies. And following the line of discussion, I in turn also responded about Microsoft's reversal of their stated policies. Where after you apparently decided without mention that you didn't want to talk about the reversal anymore, and would rather bring-up the fact that they didn't reveal everything about used games.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 06-19-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great news. Proves the internet has a voice.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Jvig feeling the need to bring me up. Bless his soul. The fact he was already gobbling Microsoft's nob on day one means I'll take nothing from the discussion though. Microsoft announced terrible policies and was condemned. People defended it here. They repeal and people here say "I told you so despite earlier saying it didn't matter". Sigh.

Good on Microsoft for repealing their draconian policies. Very good for competition. Back on the fence about which console to buy well after release now. :)
Who defended it? The people (jvig, Forenci, OSU, me) who were going to get an X1 have universally agreed that they were stupid policies. I mean christ, we've said that about 500 different ways. The thing is: we didn't care. It didn't really matter to us.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they had released a console kinectless for $399 this is not a debate for me personally. The fact that they're still trying to force something on us is the deciding factor for myself and others.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said it a week ago: I wouldn't be surprised if they released one without the Kinect for $399. I was told it wasn't going to happen by a few different people.

No one thought they'd change this stuff, so anything is possible.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Who defended it? The people (jvig, Forenci, OSU, me) who were going to get an X1 have universally agreed that they were stupid policies. I mean christ, we've said that about 500 different ways. The thing is: we didn't care. It didn't really matter to us.
I guess that just shows y'all level of fanboyism
Old 06-19-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
say waatt?

isn't it pretty low, if they bash it, and just it to play the games?
Old 06-19-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
lolwat

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
say waatt?

isn't it pretty low, if they bash it, and just it to play the games?
Stop making sense. Apparently agreeing with how stupid something is means you're a fanboy of that system or the company who makes it. It couldn't be ANY other factors. At all.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
lolwat

Stop making sense. Apparently agreeing with how stupid something is means you're a fanboy of that system or the company who makes it. It couldn't be ANY other factors. At all.
It's the fact that you agree it's dumb but it means nothing to you. It SHOULD mean something to you.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:44 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Who said I told you so? And if anything the policies are futuristic, not draconian

Old 06-19-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
It's the fact that you agree it's dumb but it means nothing to you. It SHOULD mean something to you.
That isn't it at all, but I guess I shouldn't expect you to understand what you're reading in this thread.. you haven't done it yet, but I'll try one last time.

For us, the pros outweighed the cons. It really is that simple.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Must be fun making up stories. No one here said it didn't matter. We all agreed it was a stupid policy. However, Vidae, Jvig, and others said it didn't make a difference to us because: We don't trade games in, we don't really lend games much, and we don't have crappy internet so the 24 check in won't matter. I said it didn't matter to me because it won't impact me, but I did say it mattered to me in principal because I do not believe gamers should have to be restricted like that and that some people who don't have consistent internet, or do trade games with friends would get screwed.

Nice try though. We did say that the policies were anything but guaranteed, though. And I'm certainly not trying to rub that in it at all since they should have never been there in the first place.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
WHAT? We agreed it was dumb, but because it didn't affect us and we still thought it was a better system we supported it. Please explain how that makes us fanboys. If we were fanboys we'd be saying it wasn't dumb, it doesn't affect anyone and no one should care. Bert your posts in this thread ******* suck, plain and simple.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
That isn't it at all, but I guess I shouldn't expect you to understand what you're reading in this thread.. you haven't done it yet, but I'll try one last time.

For us, the pros outweighed the cons. It really is that simple.
The pros don't outweigh the cons. They didn't from day 1 and they still don't. But keep on believing that broseph.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The pros don't outweigh the cons. They didn't from day 1 and they still don't. But keep on believing that broseph.
TO YOU THEY DON'T! Holy **** you're ******* miserable. You have no concept of what an opinion is. You can't tell someone their opinion is wrong!

Old 06-19-2013, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Holy ******* hell. Are you ******* stupid? I'm so tired of your **** you terrible troll. They don't outweigh the cons for YOU! FOR YOU! Not everyone is YOU though you narcissistic Sony loving tool.

Stop pretending like there is one clear answer to what console is right for what person. Everyone has different needs, likes, dislikes, etc. To pretend like the PS4 is better for everyone is ******* stupid. The PS4 is a great fit for a lot of people. The XBox One is a great fit for a lot of people. End of story.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Holy ******* hell. Are you ******* stupid? I'm so tired of your **** you terrible troll. They don't outweigh the cons for YOU! FOR YOU! Not everyone is YOU though you narcissistic Sony loving tool.

Stop pretending like there is one clear answer to what console is right for what person. Everyone has different needs, likes, dislikes, etc. To pretend like the PS4 is better for everyone is ******* stupid. The PS4 is a great fit for a lot of people. The XBox One is a great fit for a lot of people. End of story.
There is one console that is right for everyone