Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-19-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i don't buy it at this point. i think they'll eventually release a kinect-less version, but by all accounts, that piece is too fully integrated to yank. and it plays into their media center silliness. if their pre-orders continue to (presumably) lag, i guess anything's possible.

also, n64 had the worst controllers of all time. i hated it for that reason alone.
I thought they sold out of pre-orders, according to Gamestop? Granted, it sounds like their stock wasn't as high as Sony's but I feel like that's pretty solid.

Still, I honestly feel like it wouldn't be that hard to remove Kinect. And if they could sell it for $400, hell $350, they would destroy.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i don't buy it at this point. i think they'll eventually release a kinect-less version, but by all accounts, that piece is too fully integrated to yank. and it plays into their media center silliness. if their pre-orders continue to (presumably) lag, i guess anything's possible.

also, n64 had the worst controllers of all time. i hated it for that reason alone.
Maybe if you're a terrible person...which you are.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually agree about the N64 controller three prongs for two hands... THREE PRONGS FOR TWO ******* HANDS TWO T-W-O.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i'm pretty sure you'd disagree if i said the sky was blue at this point.
I'm pretty sure I do have that disorder, along with slight dyslexia and vague characteristics of autism...but that's not relevant. The 64 controller is top of the line.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-19-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i dunno. i don't think their games are that much better, and i think sony will have a substantially better multiplayer experience this time. i just don't think microsoft has any real advantage. which, imo, is good for everyone on either side buying, as the actual games will have to carry the systems this time.
What is this based on? If history is any indication, the opposite will prove to be true. The PSN is awful and has been awful for a very long time. XBL isn't perfect, but it was lightyears ahead of where Sony was for online stuff.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

That's right, back down from my challenge.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-19-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
based solely on opinion, so take it for what it is, but i think they realize that that was a massive strike against them in the last generation, and they'll make a major effort to improve it this time around.
Well I hope you're right for the sake of PS4 users, since PS+ will be more "required" than it used to be.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Won't all the money from required PS Plus subscriptions improve online play? Or maybe it will go to getting licenses from games to put on PS Plus? I really have no idea.

Maybe it was just my circle of friends but I've always felt more connected to my friends on Xbox Live.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Won't all the money from required PS Plus subscriptions for multi player help improve online play? Or maybe it will go to getting licenses from games to put on PS Plus? I really have no idea.
I don't know honestly. All I know is I heard nothing but bitching from friends who had PS3s that the network was pure garbage and that they rarely did anything to improve the experience. XBL had to be better than that since they wouldn't be able to justify charging for something so ******, but I guess Sony didn't care that much.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every time I turn on my PS3 I get pissed at all the updates I have to download. There are updates for everything. 360 has the occasional update but they are never as extensive as the ones on PS3

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The official announcement

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Pretty spot on.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LAMO wtf article was that **** hahahahaha.

Any ways with this announcement . I'm going to X1 now instead of ps4. The used games was a big deal for me as well as the internet connection. MS should of just done this in the first place instead of pissing a lot of people off. It wasn't that hard MS.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
LAMO wtf article was that **** hahahahaha.

Any ways with this announcement . I'm going to X1 now instead of ps4. The used games was a big deal for me as well as the internet connection. MS should of just done this in the first place instead of pissing a lot of people off. It wasn't that hard MS.
Didn't you just say PS4Lyfe like.. today? I'm confused.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:26 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Didn't you just say PS4Lyfe like.. today? I'm confused.
Yes I did. eventful I will own both systems I still had a hard time deciding on which to get first. Again I was 50/50 on which to get it meh doesn't matter. I was just throwing **** out because people were gettign xbox one here it seemed like .
Old 06-19-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They can still do all of that innovative stuff, nothing stopping them.

I still don't understand money to developers vs gamestop. I bought the game new, isn't the money already going to the devs?

I bought the game used, to not pay 60 dollars, but 55 or 40, or 22. If you offer me a new game which i have to download for 20 bucks, shiiet yea I'll give you my money.

Real nerds will love no region locking. YEA!!! I can finally play games in japanese, thats what they will say. Well not really since there are a lot of indie games that come from japan, and MS says thats a no, no unless you are with a publisher.

Last edited by brat316 : 06-19-2013 at 10:38 PM.
brat316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That article is perfect

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't had a bad experience with PSN. Sony used more dedicated servers than Xbox for their games. I've had much worse problems with xbox 360. Host advantage on Gears of War is ******* stupid. Dedicated servers please.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Won't all the money from required PS Plus subscriptions improve online play? Or maybe it will go to getting licenses from games to put on PS Plus? I really have no idea.

Maybe it was just my circle of friends but I've always felt more connected to my friends on Xbox Live.
I agree. To me, the interface for interact with friends, sending them messages, etc. was brutally bad on the PSN. The network was terrible. It was a huge turn off for me.

Quote:
Every time I turn on my PS3 I get pissed at all the updates I have to download. There are updates for everything. 360 has the occasional update but they are never as extensive as the ones on PS3
Also this. The updates, the rate at which they downloaded and installed, and how frequent they were annoyed the hell out of me. I had a TON of issues with the PSN when I had a PS3.

Also, it sounds like XBox Live is making a HUGE push for tons and tons more of dedicated servers on Live, which I love.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just going to put this here.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
They can still do all of that innovative stuff, nothing stopping them.

I still don't understand money to developers vs gamestop. I bought the game new, isn't the money already going to the devs?

I bought the game used, to not pay 60 dollars, but 55 or 40, or 22. If you offer me a new game which i have to download for 20 bucks, shiiet yea I'll give you my money.

Real nerds will love no region locking. YEA!!! I can finally play games in japanese, thats what they will say. Well not really since there are a lot of indie games that come from japan, and MS says thats a no, no unless you are with a publisher.
Yeah, they're making the classic (and absurdly stupid) mistake of assuming that most used game purchases would have translated into a new game purchase.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:32 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i have no honest idea, i was making that assumption based on why they announced the changes now (that pre-orders were lower than anticipated). it's entirely possible i'm incorrect on that.

i dunno. i don't think their games are that much better, and i think sony will have a substantially better multiplayer experience this time. i just don't think microsoft has any real advantage. which, imo, is good for everyone on either side buying, as the actual games will have to carry the systems this time.
It's not the games that will carry the systems, it's the controller don't you know?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:46 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My mind is completely blown. I've been super bummed out for the past weeks over this and I am completely shocked that Xbox would completely reverse what they have been announcing. It is the right move but I am shocked to see a company actually listen to complaints and reverse such big changes. Granted they were getting slaughtered all over the internet, but its rare that companies change such major major decisions like they did. You can act like this doesn't change things, but it is a major event. Xbox clearly said their policies, people freaked and they pulled a 180. They just got back a large amount of people who were pushed onto the fence by those restrictions.

I'm ecstatic. I just went from probably getting an Xbox but strongly considering a PS4 or building a legit gaming PC, to 100% buying an Xbox. I'm a big fan of Xbox but the restrictions really pushed me away on principle. The restrictions were such a ******* bummer. I didn't feel like I could actually own a game with the previous policies. I don't even give a **** about kinect and the Xbox being a $100 more.

I bought all 3 systems in this previous generation and I still play my Xbox regularly, my Wii occasionally when I get into Nintendo's awesome first party games, and my PS3 has turned into a NFL Sunday Ticket streaming machine. I'd play the PS3 more but honestly most of my friend have Xbox and I'd rather play with them. Playstation has always had better hardware but Xbox has delivered a better experience for me. It's just not a numbers or hardware thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:17 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now MS just has to make sure there isn't some red ring issue or other huge problem with their latest console.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:02 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Now MS just has to make sure there isn't some red ring issue or other huge problem with their latest console.
Ha, can you imagine? They get back maybe a small portion of people from this 180, and then the god damn things red ring a week after release? I will happily concede my flame wars in here if that ******* happens to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote