Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-10-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EA starts in ten minutes, so that means Madden, FIFA, NCAA, NHL, and I heard NBA? (I'm not into NBA that much, so I don't look into it), and then more games.
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EA needs to pull their heads out of their asses and finally develop co-op Superstar on Madden. Christ, it's been years.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when's Smash Bros?

and $500 is a lot for a console idc what you people say could upgrade my PC so much with that amount

Last edited by fenikz : 06-10-2013 at 03:53 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
when's Smash Bros?

and $500 is a lot of a console idc what you people say could upgrade my PC so much with that amount

Here's the schedule I posted earlier of all of E3. Find all your curiosities here.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are better things to spend $500 on, and I always think PC gaming will dwarf console gaming, but people who buy a new ipad complaining about the price of the next gen consoles is pissing me off, that's all I was saying.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Yeah, Titanfall might be enough in of itself to get me to buy the Xbox One, and I don't even like FPS games on consoles.
It'll be on the PC so I will likely just get it for that.

Also, I should point out, I think $500 is a fair price for what you are getting, but I will definitely wait a year for a price drop. Mainly because I'm going to be in school for at least another couple years so my console usage is fairly low for gaming. I mainly use it for entertainment/media purposes.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
when's Smash Bros?

and $500 is a lot of a console idc what you people say could upgrade my PC so much with that amount
Probably Wednesday I am assuming?

And yeah if I had a super nice PC I would feel the same. But I have my laptop for everything I need school/work related. If were talking specifically just for a console that is trending towards a complete package of tv, gaming, blu ray, entertainment system then 500 isn't a big deal for me. Thats actually pretty awesome.

Will destiny be shown with EA?Or will that be a Sony event?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Well I did not know Titanfall was going to be on PC, but I'm still going to buy one of these consoles anyway. I use it for more than gaming.

Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let me know if anything interesting happens with EA! I'll watch it later probably but am sadly doing work for my class at the moment.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
It'll be on the PC so I will likely just get it for that.

Also, I should point out, I think $500 is a fair price for what you are getting, but I will definitely wait a year for a price drop. Mainly because I'm going to be in school for at least another couple years so my console usage is fairly low for gaming. I mainly use it for entertainment/media purposes.
Microsoft had a good conference today, but I'm afraid they've moved too much towards the all in one entertainment purpose of a console, rather than what they're made for, which is gaming. Just from what I've read/heard outside of E3 today it's a lot of annoying stuff that comes along with this.

i.e. the connect can't be unplugged ever or your xbox won't function, the whole used games dilemma is a bunch of BS, and how you have to connect online every 24 hours or your games physically don't work. Not a fan of any of that.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreckart View Post
i.e. the connect can't be unplugged ever or your xbox won't function, the whole used games dilemma is a bunch of BS, and how you have to connect online every 24 hours or your games physically don't work. Not a fan of any of that.
I haven't heard the first thing, the used games thing is likely for PS4 too so that is a non starter, and I'm always connected anyway so that doesn't effect me.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"But wut r u gunna do when u cant resell them lolslslsoslosslos and ur friends can't barrow them olololo"
I think that is a legitimate issue though. I know about 30-50% of the games are borrowed from others.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Quote:
I haven't heard the first thing, the used games thing is likely for PS4 too so that is a non starter, and I'm always connected anyway so that doesn't effect me.
The connect not being unplugged I heard from a YouTube commentator, so take that with a grain of salt, but I didn't know the PS4 would have the same used games thing, I just heard it from Xbox first so it was a turnoff. And yeah that's most of the public, but those who don't play Xbox Live, that's going to get rid of sales I think, I just don't know what the point of it would be.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

EA time. boo hiss etc.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I think that is a legitimate issue though. I know about 30-50% of the games are borrowed from others.
anyone I borrow a game from though is a friend of mine and all of my friends are on my XBL friends list so it won't be a problem for me.

Also, here is a list to all of the trailers/gameplay revealed today incase you want to find a video you missed:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/commen...thread/cafxxo9

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
when's Smash Bros?

and $500 is a lot for a console idc what you people say could upgrade my PC so much with that amount
Yes, but they aren't selling the consoles only to play video games. I don't understand why anyone doesn't understand this.

It's like saying you want a computer just so you can use Word, so they shouldn't sell you a computer with built in video cards, faster processors, wireless cards, etc. If you want a system ONLY to play video games and do nothing else, you're SOL and should stop acting so shocked.

I mean, did you magically think that a significantly better system (at least on paper) would somehow be the same price or CHEAPER than the old system when it first launched? Really?
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The connect not being unplugged I heard from a YouTube commentator, so take that with a grain of salt, but I didn't know the PS4 would have the same used games thing, I just heard it from Xbox first so it was a turnoff. And yeah that's most of the public, but those who don't play Xbox Live, that's going to get rid of sales I think, I just don't know what the point of it would be.

So you dont have to wait for updates to your games or xboxlive. Which for me sounds awesome since Im already always online. Also they are allowing you to let friends borrow games, they announced it today. They also announced they are letting users control how much kinect has to do with their interaction with the system. All of those complaints are literally, as i figured they would be, sheep following the internet to they assumed worst outcome from microsoft's vague reveal a month ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 06-10-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Microsoft had a good conference today, but I'm afraid they've moved too much towards the all in one entertainment purpose of a console, rather than what they're made for, which is gaming. Just from what I've read/heard outside of E3 today it's a lot of annoying stuff that comes along with this.

Yeah, I mean, some of that is false. You don't have to be ALWAYS on. It's a check up every 24 hours. I mean, I think it's lame, but it is what it is. It won't effect me, and as much as I hate to say it, if people can afford a $500 dollar console I'm assuming they will probably have some fairly decent internet to deal with a 24 hour check up now and then.

I disagree. The move to an all-in-one entertainment console is smart. I have a lot of friends who have bought an Xbox just because they can watch TV, Netflix, movies, and play games when they want to.

Like I've said in the past, I love it. When I'm not in school, I use it pretty much exclusively for gaming, but when I am and don't have much time for games I tend to just use it for entertainment purposes (outside of gaming).
Old 06-10-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
So you dont have to wait for updates to your games or xboxlive. Which for me sounds awesome since Im already always online. Also they are allowing you to let friends borrow games, they announced it today. They also announced they are letting users control how much kinect has to do with their interaction with the system. All of those complaints are literally, as i figured they would be, sheep following the internet to they assumed worst outcome from microsoft's vague reveal a month ago.
People were just freaking out that their Facebook friends would somehow be automatically updated when they are watching Pterodactyl porn.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Pretty much all of this.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Yes, but they aren't selling the consoles only to play video games. I don't understand why anyone doesn't understand this.

It's like saying you want a computer just so you can use Word, so they shouldn't sell you a computer with built in video cards, faster processors, wireless cards, etc. If you want a system ONLY to play video games and do nothing else, you're SOL and should stop acting so shocked.

I mean, did you magically think that a significantly better system (at least on paper) would somehow be the same price or CHEAPER than the old system when it first launched? Really?
I personally don't care about the other useless **** it is doing, it's a $500 system that will play $70 games for me

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
People were just freaking out that their Facebook friends would somehow be automatically updated when they are watching Pterodactyl porn.
There's nothing wrong with a little Pterodactyl porn now and then...
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Links or GTFO.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

This game looks ******* hilarious and fun. I need 3 others to play this with me asap.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can pre-order Xbox One at all the major retailers - Amazon, Gamestop, Best Buy, Wal Mart.