Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 06-16-2013, 08:36 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I think the Diamond is perfectly fine, you just need to set it up the Italian NT did, with Pirlo sitting at the back with two shuttlers, De Rossi and Marchisio, in front of him to make space and defend, and a passer like Montolivo front of them. Just stick Sami in De Rossi's spot and Xavi in Montolivo's.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/06/...pirlo-tactics/

Yeah that's how it's shown on TV, but as I said, Khedira is the De Rossi of the team and he's a lot more defensive than Pirlo when the team doesn't have the ball. When defending, De Rossi is basically a third centre back, so putting Khedira infront of Pirlo doesn't seem right. I'll sort it out after i've picked my keeper or just do two formations.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 06-16-2013 at 08:38 AM.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry about the wait. I checked the forum quickly last night, and I guess I was too drunk to realize that it was my pick.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So psyched on that value of player at this stage :)

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I allowed to select or do I have to wait for DJP since its the weekend?

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wait........its after the clock anyway.

RIP themaninblack
Old 06-17-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
wait........its after the clock anyway.
I'm gonna go ahead and select since the clock started at 8.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be heading to work, so someone will need to text me with who SP picks.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Last edited by marshallb : 06-18-2013 at 08:58 PM.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Yeah that's how it's shown on TV, but as I said, Khedira is the De Rossi of the team and he's a lot more defensive than Pirlo when the team doesn't have the ball. When defending, De Rossi is basically a third centre back, so putting Khedira infront of Pirlo doesn't seem right. I'll sort it out after i've picked my keeper or just do two formations.

De Rossi is a different kind of player to Sami so you'll need to adapt their roles. DDR was able to drop back into the backline because he's a holder, that's not Khedira's game though, he's a great defensive player, but he's a box to box guy, his strength is being free to run forward, ahead of his team's deep playmaker as a moving post for guys to pass the ball off of as he makes his way to the box. If you ask him to play alongside Pirlo and drop back you're not only underutilizing him but you're midfeild won't be as organized.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
De Rossi is a different kind of player to Sami so you'll need to adapt their roles. DDR was able to drop back into the backline because he's a holder, that's not Khedira's game though, he's a great defensive player, but he's a box to box guy, his strength is being free to run forward, ahead of his team's deep playmaker as a moving post for guys to pass the ball off of as he makes his way to the box. If you ask him to play alongside Pirlo and drop back you're not only underutilizing him but you're midfeild won't be as organized.
What are your thoughts tactically on my lineup?

Old 06-17-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got so many attacking mids and its not even funny.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not the biggest fan of the 3-5-2 cause you rely so much on your wing backs to fly up and down the pitch to keep you from losing on the wings. And while Di Maria would be a very nice fit because he runs like a mule and never tires, I don't think Willian would do well in that position, he's not the most proactive player against the ball, and asking him to fly up and down the pitch all game would wear him out and take away some of his creativity. That's said maybe you could counterbalance that by having Sandro cheat over to that side when Willian pushes forward to provide him with some cover. I do love the Suarez-Zlatan partnership up top though, with Mkh and Fernandinho pushing up from the midfield and the two wing backs they should score many goals.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 06-18-2013, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-18-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eriksen was next on my big board :(

In retrospect, I should have taken him instead of Bender.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sniping is my profession.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

I believe that's the second time that I was torn between two guys, and you snagged the one I didn't draft immediately after. Bound to happen, I guess
Old 06-18-2013, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eriksen will have ton of fun in front of Dembele and Schweini.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 06-18-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eriksen and Draxler were next on my list, ugh back to the drawing board. I am torn between BPA or addressing a need, since I feel that my AML pick of Muniain might get ripped on

Old 06-18-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

I really like Yarmolenko.

Took him last draft he's a beast.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 06-18-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Yeah I was racking my brains for a goalscoring AML and he just popped into my head, I think it was a good choice.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not the biggest fan of the 3-5-2 cause you rely so much on your wing backs to fly up and down the pitch to keep you from losing on the wings. And while Di Maria would be a very nice fit because he runs like a mule and never tires, I don't think Willian would do well in that position, he's not the most proactive player against the ball, and asking him to fly up and down the pitch all game would wear him out and take away some of his creativity. That's said maybe you could counterbalance that by having Sandro cheat over to that side when Willian pushes forward to provide him with some cover. I do love the Suarez-Zlatan partnership up top though, with Mkh and Fernandinho pushing up from the midfield and the two wing backs they should score many goals.
Thanks. I appreciate your input. I honestly just took Willian because I thought he was great value there, and I was struggling to find a guy out wide left to play there. I definitely think that spot is the weakest on my team. I just would rather play a guy who will probably have to be subbed off in Willian there then take fullbacks and play a 4 man back, because I just feel fullback as a whole is such a thin position in soccer right now.

That said, I love my depth in the center with Fernandinho/Sandro/De Rossi and then Kagawa to back up Mkhitaryan if we want a little more dribbling.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would always choose to put di Maria on the left. At Benfica he always played on the left and he is better suited for the left. Only reason he is on the right is Ronaldo.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

represent.

RIP themaninblack
Old 06-18-2013, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Thanks. I appreciate your input. I honestly just took Willian because I thought he was great value there, and I was struggling to find a guy out wide left to play there. I definitely think that spot is the weakest on my team. I just would rather play a guy who will probably have to be subbed off in Willian there then take fullbacks and play a 4 man back, because I just feel fullback as a whole is such a thin position in soccer right now.

That said, I love my depth in the center with Fernandinho/Sandro/De Rossi and then Kagawa to back up Mkhitaryan if we want a little more dribbling.
And that wasn't to say it can't work. Teams often are a lot more asymetrical in practice than they look on a team sheet, so you could certainly cheat your back 5 to the left so someone is in position to cover Willian's wing but you'd need to get clever with mapping it out. Juve have done something similar with their wing backs at times this season having Vidal or whoever's playing in front of Pirlo and hasn't pushed forward would move wide to cover the runs of their fullbacks. However you would be leaving space open in front of the back 3 that's especially dangerous in this era of lone front men, where it's that exact space teams flood with talented players.

I do like a lot of your midfielders though and they'd certainly boss the middle against some of the teams here, but I just think that's an area a team like mine would be very good at exploiting as I have Rooney dropping off your centre backs into that zone to meet and combine with Lamela, Jovetic and whichever of my midfielders has made the run. And it's an area a lot of these 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 teams prefer to attack.

That said with Zlatan and Suarez up top and Willian on one flank when you do face those teams you could go with a more defensive midfield 3 and just kill teams on the break with a crooked 4-3-3

And no problem, I love talking about football tactics and it's half the reason I do these things. Just playing around with different assemblies of players and trying to adjust to what teams throw at me.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 06-18-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Nice pick Cig I was debating Thiago and Dzagoev at my pick. Ultimately went with the Russian because I really love his style of play and how he knows just how to sneak into the box for headers, plus I've got Wilshere who can play deeper in Ilkay's spot.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-18-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nice pick Cig I was debating Thiago and Dzagoev at my pick. Ultimately went with the Russian because I really love his style of play and how he knows just how to sneak into the box for headers, plus I've got Wilshere who can play deeper in Ilkay's spot.
Really hoping he doesn't get grabbed by another team. To be fair, Barca was ******** with the number of appearances we gave him, but I think he's clearly the best bet to replace a now declining Xavi. I swore off taking another young, talented mid after Kroos, but after the U-21 showing, I simply said **** it.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote