Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Donovan McNabb is a Genuine Ass

Ever since he retired, it seems that Donovan McNabb has been highly critical of every quarterback in the league, save for the few upper echelon guys. I'm starting to get the feeling that, by putting other quarterbacks down, McNabb is trying to make himself feel about about his own career. In his latest rant, he claims that Matthew Stafford was overpaid because "it's all about the wins and losses."

Donavan, you won a lot of games that didn't matter and lost a lot that did.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...artner=ya5nbcs
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Donavan, you won a lot of games that didn't matter and lost a lot that did.
How do you get to the "games that matter" if you don't win the ones that don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
How do you get to the "games that matter" if you don't win the ones that don't?
Good point...however, I don't think McNabb oes down in history as one of the greats, and his credibility gets weaker every time he opens his mouth. At this point he is almost on a level as the great Joe Theisman
Old 07-10-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see what the problem is, McNabb is correct.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Stafford's contract make him one of the top five paid at his position?

Anyways, it's just McNabb's opinion. The same as anyone else's here. Doesn't make them assholes.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Stafford's contract was a lot less than the recent contracts given to Flacco and Rodgers. And he has been very productive on a **** team. I think McNabb is way off the mark.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stafford's contract was a lot less than the recent contracts given to Flacco and Rodgers. And he has been very productive on a **** team. I think McNabb is way off the mark.
Rodgers and Flacco make the playoffs every year and have each won Super Bowls. Stafford has put up large numbers while throwing the ball around on a team that has struggled in the wins department. Not to mention that his mechanics are getting worse and I wouldn't label him as someone who is improving.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

I wasn't suggesting that he is on par with those guys. What I said was that he got considerably less money than they did. Stafford and Calvin have pretty much kept that team alive. $15 mil is pretty much the going rate these days for a franchise QB. Anyone can say that they would rather have this guy or that guy, but he is their franchise QB and I don't think anyone is suggesting that the Lions shitcan the Matthew Stafford project. So for McNabb to say that Stafford isn't deserving of the going rate is absurd, in my opinion.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
I wasn't suggesting that he is on par with those guys. What I said was that he got considerably less money than they did. Stafford and Calvin have pretty much kept that team alive. $15 mil is pretty much the going rate these days for a franchise QB. Anyone can say that they would rather have this guy or that guy, but he is their franchise QB and I don't think anyone is suggesting that the Lions shitcan the Matthew Stafford project. So for McNabb to say that Stafford isn't deserving of the going rate is absurd, in my opinion.
Has Stafford really proven he's a "franchise" caliber quarterback? Skill set suggests he has the ability to be THAT good but looking at this past season he was a part of the problem, not the solution.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Has Stafford really proven he's a "franchise" caliber quarterback?
If throwing, seemingly, half your passes to CJ counts, yes.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who has a checklist of the QB's that McNabb has ripped?

I can remember:
Romo
Stafford

I sense some jealousy from McNabb.
Sure some truth to what he's said, but Romo & Stafford either are better than some people think, or they're fooling their coaches/GM's/owners.

I'm not a huge fan of either guy but I think they're close- or as talented as Flacco is.
Megatron is great, but so is Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, AJ Green, Julio Jones.
You don't automatically rack up stats like we've seen -at times- Romo & Stafford rack up.

Again, McNabb is mostly a bitter, Warren Moon like ex-QB who failed to win a Super Bowl ever.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Again, McNabb is mostly a bitter, Warren Moon like ex-QB who failed to win a Super Bowl ever.
I don't think that has anything to do with it. If he had won a championship does that change your attitude on his opinion?

Quote:
Old 07-10-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always loved D-Mcnabb but he is just flat out wrong.

They won 0 games in a season before Stafford got there....0 folks...and 2 years ago he dropped 41 tds on the way to a playoff berth. Last year was a down year, but he also was let down by every one of his WR/TE's at some point during the year. Hell, even Megatron dropped 2+ TD's last year. By the end, everyone was hurt/suspended and Durham was his #2 WR. What did you want him to do? Stafford is a franchise QB and warrants that contract. Best thing about him is he could be having a horrible game for 2 or 3 quarters, but he never loses his confidence and can start a 80 yd drive at any moment. You can't say that about a lot of QB's in the NFL. Gunslinger.

Donovan is speaking out of his ass on this one.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I don't think that has anything to do with it. If he had won a championship does that change your attitude on his opinion?
No, but I think it'd change his attitude on the opinion.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The alternative is not resigning him and starting over with ******* nothing at quarterback. That's a fine extension. Stafford will be a fine quarterback for a long time.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:59 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stafford deserves the money easily. QBs cost a lot and no one wants to start over when you have a legit franchise guy. I wonder if more QBs will go for higher guarenteed money like Brady did. Its safer and they can actually demand it.

Mcnabb is an asshole but I can see an arguement that Stafford needs to win more. Stafford should do better than 4 wins last year even though some of his receivers sucked. The Lions are worlds better talent wise than when they went 0-16. Stafford is talented and is young but he fell like a stone from the previous year. He should be more than a 4 win team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:59 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He just turned 25 in February and he's thrown for 61 TDs and 10,000 yards over the past two seasons. His 2.3% interception percentage is well within the range that most people would consider to be acceptable.

The Lions problem is their owner. Until he dies, they're going to suck.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
No, but I think it'd change his attitude on the opinion.
Really? If McNabb had won a Super Bowl his opinion on whether Matt Stafford deserves to be a top 5 quarterback in terms of money would change? Well, okay then.

Quote:
Old 07-11-2013, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Really? If McNabb had won a Super Bowl his opinion on whether Matt Stafford deserves to be a top 5 quarterback in terms of money would change? Well, okay then.
He'd be less butt hurt and less of a hater.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:22 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who has a checklist of the QB's that McNabb has ripped?

I can remember:
Romo
Stafford

I sense some jealousy from McNabb.

Sure some truth to what he's said, but Romo & Stafford either are better than some people think, or they're fooling their coaches/GM's/owners.

I'm not a huge fan of either guy but I think they're close- or as talented as Flacco is.
Megatron is great, but so is Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, AJ Green, Julio Jones.
You don't automatically rack up stats like we've seen -at times- Romo & Stafford rack up.

I don't really see a point in what McNabb is doing, just speaking honestly. Whether that's from jealousy or what I am not sure. It's not like McNabb didn't get some nice money back when he played, maybe he's just jealous of the larger signing bonuses that are handed out to QBs now.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:44 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
He'd be less butt hurt and less of a hater.
Well, I'll just say that many "analysts" in the national spotlight that have won championships have said more outlandish things.

Quote:
Old 07-11-2013, 07:15 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
He just turned 25 in February and he's thrown for 61 TDs and 10,000 yards over the past two seasons. His 2.3% interception percentage is well within the range that most people would consider to be acceptable.

The Lions problem is their owner. Until he dies, they're going to suck.
Ignore the eye popping stats with him; he threw the ball 1,390 times over these last two seasons. His yards per attempt is nothing to get excited about either.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:23 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Ignore the eye popping stats with him; he threw the ball 1,390 times over these last two seasons. His yards per attempt is nothing to get excited about either.
If we did that with Drew Brees the last 2 years what would that tell us about him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:06 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Other than Romo(less the arm), no QB reminds me more of Brett Favre than Matt Stafford.
Yeah there are aspects of his overall game Stafford needs to clean up, but there's no way Detroit can NOT pay him.

Donovan said the best QBs in the league are SB winners, and since Stafford hasn't won a SB he doesn't deserve his money.

This is an asinine argument.

Now I know why RG3 refuses to return McNabb's phonecalls.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the problem is, teams are overpaying for quarterbacks. Every qb who is good is getting paid like the best qb in the league. Teams are so afraid of letting a qb walk in FA that they feel obligated to overpay for them.

Tony Romo is a perfect example. The man got paid Flacco money and has 1 playoff win. Why did Dallas pay him so much? The fear of the unknown. They're afraid to see what would happen if they let him walk and had no quarterback. So that fear causes them to overpay.

Dallas isn't the only team guilty of this. Most if not all teams are. It's a problem that needs to be identified by teams.

I'm waiting to see that one team who has the guts to say, you know what, you're solid, and we win with you, but you're worth X amount of dollars, and if you want more than we're ok with you hitting FA. We'll rebuild and draft a qb.

One team is going to be bold enough to do this eventually, and it's going to be the right decision.