Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-05-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Josh Boyce time!
looks better to me now.
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreckart View Post
looks better to me now.
Unfortunately, I'm not sure he's going to get much playing time this year. Haven't heard much about their plans for him. There were a few times last year when the Patriots had to play Matthew Slater to get a deep threat onto the field, so maybe those (very limited) snaps will go to Boyce.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Unfortunately, I'm not sure he's going to get much playing time this year. Haven't heard much about their plans for him. There were a few times last year when the Patriots had to play Matthew Slater to get a deep threat onto the field, so maybe those (very limited) snaps will go to Boyce.
Boyce has the speed and is a physical receiver at the line, so at the time of the draft it looked like a steal with the 108th pick, but he had that foot injury, plus it doesn't help that I don't follow anything Patriots so I wasn't sure. That's disappointing to hear though, I figured he was actually drafted into a good situation with the Pats, and was hoping he'd find more success than our last "successful" WR in Jeremy Kerley.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
looks better to me now.
Not gonna lie....one of my favorite prospects in this draft. I think the kid could be a damned good slot receiver. I never know if someone fits an option route offense before they play in it, though. He's got the foot thing, too, so he might not make much of an impact this season.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Boyce has the speed and is a physical receiver at the line, so at the time of the draft it looked like a steal with the 108th pick, but he had that foot injury, plus it doesn't help that I don't follow anything Patriots so I wasn't sure. That's disappointing to hear though, I figured he was actually drafted into a good situation with the Pats, and was hoping he'd find more success than our last "successful" WR in Jeremy Kerley.
A 5th round pick who led the Jets in receiving last year (56 catches, 827 yards)? Why is successful in quotes? That's pretty darn successful when Mark Sanchez is throwing you the ball and you're the default no. 1 receiver. If Boyce posts numbers like that this year he'll get all kinds of love from Boston fans. It's not saying much, but he was probably the Jets best offensive player last year.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't even like Urban but if you're trying to blame him for Aaron Hernandez murdering someone, please go walk in front of on-coming traffic. Thanks.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I don't even like Urban but if you're trying to blame him for Aaron Hernandez murdering someone, please go walk in front of on-coming traffic. Thanks.
I like Urban, but this. A lot of this.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think anyone (at least rational people) blame Urban for Hernandez. I just think there are people that want to hear his perspective on Hernandez and when he denies that, it makes them wonder why he's dodging questions.

Then rumors start about how he does unethical things when he's coaching at schoools...
Old 07-07-2013, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Then rumors start about how he does unethical things when he's coaching at schoools...
Haven't those been floating around for a few years already?
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:09 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I like Urban, but this. A lot of this.
You like Urban? .....Satan. : )

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Not gonna lie....one of my favorite prospects in this draft. I think the kid could be a damned good slot receiver. I never know if someone fits an option route offense before they play in it, though. He's got the foot thing, too, so he might not make much of an impact this season.
I hope he does well, he's got good strength and speed, so we'll see how the foot heals and how he fits in this new offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
A 5th round pick who led the Jets in receiving last year (56 catches, 827 yards)? Why is successful in quotes? That's pretty darn successful when Mark Sanchez is throwing you the ball and you're the default no. 1 receiver. If Boyce posts numbers like that this year he'll get all kinds of love from Boston fans. It's not saying much, but he was probably the Jets best offensive player last year.
It wasn't meant to be a negative connotation, it was meant to show I actually think he's playing really well. Plus it was directed at his college career being successful like JB, moreso than playing for the Jets thus far. It was probably a poor choice of dialect/punctuation combinations in the end. If Geno can become something in New York I'd like to see him having continued success. JB is a much better player, so if he can stay healthy and get some playing time he's going to do well.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Hernandez Removed from Madden, NCAA

Quote:
EA has confirmed that former New England Patriots player and murder suspect Aaron Hernandez will have his image removed from NCAA Football 14 and Madden NFL 25.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:16 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Urban Meyer is not at fault for Hernandez's actions. However, if he had ANY part of covering up an attempted murder by Hernandez and Reggie Nelson in 2007 then he absolutely needs to be burned at the stake.

And while we don't have evidence that he was involved, it would not surprise me and I would like to know more about that. Bc there's a lot of questions there that need answers.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Friend says Hernandez admitted to killing Lloyd.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...5#.UdylyvlQGSp
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Urban Meyer is not at fault for Hernandez's actions. However, if he had ANY part of covering up an attempted murder by Hernandez and Reggie Nelson in 2007 then he absolutely needs to be burned at the stake.
Absolutely.
It's hard to imagine Meyer did have knowledge of an attempted murder, but this whole ***** **** would have been hard to imagine before. So who knows.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Absolutely.
It's hard to imagine Meyer did have knowledge of an attempted murder, but this whole ***** **** would have been hard to imagine before. So who knows.
I don't see how he wouldn't. One of his players was identified as the suspect and he magically had no idea about it? He absolutely knew. He knew all the details of the investigation. Just like Paterno knew about Sandusky.

Now the real question is, did he do anything to sweep this under the rug or was that someone else's doing?

Either way, we need answers. This shouldn't be ignored.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:33 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why Meyer had to act so defensive in the first place. Kraft came out, spoke open and candidly about what he knew and didn't know, and it's over with. Nobody is blaming him for anything. Meyer declined numerous interview request to talk about the situation, then when people start assuming things because of it he wants to text in a few general responses acting smug about it.

I guess it's ok for him to throw out accusations to other Colleges and be the whistle blower but he can do no wrong. I don't think it is asking for too much for him to speak on Hernandez and his time there but acting so defensive about it says a lot about his character IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

My gut tells me Meyer has something to hide, and he's afraid of what could possibly leak out. So he's keeping his mouth shut.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:44 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would thoroughly enjoy watching Urban Meyer go down because of this situation.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:45 AM    (permalink
CheeseCurd12
Rookie

CheeseCurd12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This man should also be charged with killing the TE position of many Fantasy Football Keeper League players across the globe.
CheeseCurd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Urban Meyer is not to blame for murder. That said he played part in molding the man Aaron Hernandez is today.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

If he played a part in covering up an attempted murder then he needs to be burned at the stake.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there any chance that Hernandez gets off?
Old 07-10-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
Is there any chance that Hernandez gets off?
Without jail time? Zero. But he could always get out of the murder charge itself. Just too much evidence to not have him in jail for a good while at minimum, probably a good thing for him he gets time served and this probably won't finish trial until 2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote