Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-04-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
jjmcquade

With the 22nd pick of the 2007 NFL Draft. The Dallas Cowboys select Ted Ginn Jr. from The Ohio State University.

Ginn Video Package

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGyrgqOKZLg
Old 04-04-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hope NOT!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no...not really.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Hell no, he shouldn't be picked above the mid 3rd IMO. Troy Williamson 2.0.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
BiggerFoot

Please never compare Ginn to Williamson all they have in common is speed
Old 04-04-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Well they both suck, I would say they have that in common as well.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
MeEtMeAtTheStAr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
Well they both suck, I would say they have that in common as well.
Why do you think Ginn sucks??
Old 04-04-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeEtMeAtTheStAr View Post
Why do you think Ginn sucks??
He's small and would get manhandle on the line in the NFL. best he'll be in the nfl, is a 3rd/slot WR and a good KR!!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
BiggerFoot

I don't think he will turn out as good as Steve Smith, but Steve is not big in stature 5,9 185 lbs. where Ginn is 5,11 178 lbs. Steve Smith is more elusive in the open field but Ginn is faster
Old 04-04-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Veteran

22,895 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ginn is going to be a bum. When need to Draft Big Dwayne Jarrett. I don't know how man times I have said it, but Dwayne Jarrett is the best Wide Receiver in the Draft. Even better than Calvin Johnson.
22,895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22,895 View Post
Ginn is going to be a bum. When need to Draft Big Dwayne Jarrett. I don't know how man times I have said it, but Dwayne Jarrett is the best Wide Receiver in the Draft. Even better than Calvin Johnson.
*Slaps head*. Could you be more bias.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He won't fall past the top 15 unfortunately.

22,895 you just lost the ounce of respect I had you for.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hes not going to be a star but he definately wont be a bum. he could be a solid #2
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Yea, 22,895, you just lost all respectability saying Jarrett is better than Johnson.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
DSlay4

I dont think Ginn to the Cowboys would be to bad. He can learn from a fellow buckeye how to beat jams from bigger cornerbacks. And in the meantime he could return punts so we dont have to worry about Newman taking a big hit.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerFoot View Post
I don't think he will turn out as good as Steve Smith, but Steve is not big in stature 5,9 185 lbs. where Ginn is 5,11 178 lbs. Steve Smith is more elusive in the open field but Ginn is faster
Steve is about 50 times stronger then Ginn

Quote:
Wow.........................I think he's the second best WR in the draft....But WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy behind Johnson!!!!
Old 04-05-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

I'm not sure how everyone can just write Ginn off as they have been doing recently. He's a fantastic athlete who is certainly raw, but has certainly been productive. There is no doubting his talent. He may never be a prototypical wide receiver, but if you get the ball into his hands, he will produce. He's at least better than his teammate Santonio Holmes...
Old 04-05-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888 View Post
I'm not sure how everyone can just write Ginn off as they have been doing recently. He's a fantastic athlete who is certainly raw, but has certainly been productive. There is no doubting his talent. He may never be a prototypical wide receiver, but if you get the ball into his hands, he will produce. He's at least better than his teammate Santonio Holmes...
I think Holmes will be better a Pro....The only reason he was productive, was he used his speed to burn people. Speed by it self is not good enough in the NFL
Old 04-05-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Here's the thing I have a problem with. Before his injury in the National Championship game (note how the offense sputtered without him--I am not saying that is entirely because of his loss), Ginn was hyped as a top 10 prospect. When people started questioning him because of that injury, his stock suddenly began to drop and people found other excuses to rate him lower and lower.

You say that speed alone doesn't work in the NFL. I say look at the Moss brothers. Look at Steve Smith. Don't look at Troy Williamson since he moved up in the draft simply because of his speed. Ginn is considered a playermaker and a speedster even without running his 40. Look at Terry Glenn. Look at Deion Branch. There are plenty of examples of guys with fewer physical tools than Ginn who have become solid, if not great Wide Receivers in this league.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888 View Post
Here's the thing I have a problem with. Before his injury in the National Championship game (note how the offense sputtered without him--I am not saying that is entirely because of his loss), Ginn was hyped as a top 10 prospect. When people started questioning him because of that injury, his stock suddenly began to drop and people found other excuses to rate him lower and lower.

You say that speed alone doesn't work in the NFL. I say look at the Moss brothers. Look at Steve Smith. Don't look at Troy Williamson since he moved up in the draft simply because of his speed. Ginn is considered a playermaker and a speedster even without running his 40. Look at Terry Glenn. Look at Deion Branch. There are plenty of examples of guys with fewer physical tools than Ginn who have become solid, if not great Wide Receivers in this league.
Santana Moss is Very Very Overated!
Randy Moss has more then speed, Can catch, And Jump over anyone.
Steve Smith is about 50 times stonger and way more elusive. And also willing to go over the middle.

Now i will get back to my point. Ginn only has speed, Doesn't have good hands, not that elusive, and is very small/weak.

Maybe Ginn is just to raw for me, Raw players hardly ever pan out to what they could be.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

I just watched a bunch of Ted Ginn clips and here's what I saw:

1. He is elusive. He doesn't seem so, because he just blows by people, but he slips through little holes to get even more yardage. When you have that kinda speed, you don't have to juke a guy out of his shoes to get by him. Ginn does it with a little hip twist and go.

2. He can run after the catch. Ginn has very good vision, especially when he gets the ball in space. As pointed out earlier, he is also elusive. Furthermore, he can even break a tackle or two.

3. He is fast. Ginn can outrun people. He can do it on punt returns or on receptions. He frequently beats people over the top. Want evidence, take a look at his touchdown catch against one of this forum's favorites, Aaron Ross, in this year's Texas game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21yoBtw2mxM . Or take a look at some of his other receptions: he beats DBs by 5 or 10 yards over a 40-50 yard sprint.

4. Ginn is a playmaker. He does make catches in traffic and can go over the middle on slants or crossing routes. Any time he touches the ball, whether it is on a punt return, screen, deep ball, crossing route, or reverse, he is a threat to score.

5. His technique catching the ball is not perfect. He does not stretch his arms out and snatch the ball out of the air, but that is something that is very coachable.

That's what the film showed me.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hhahah... heh...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Veteran

How's this guy doing in the NFL.
http://dynamic.si.cnn.com/si_online/...1989/0424.html

or how bout this dude who was supposed to tear it up. He only has about 50 sacks in 12 years.
http://dynamic.si.cnn.com/si_online/...1994/0425.html

These guys were competing over the #1 pick?
http://dynamic.si.cnn.com/si_online/...1999/0419.html

Brian Bosworth,Lawrence Phillips,Heath Shuler,Bruce Pickens,Ryan Leaf,Steve Emtman,etc. you get the point right. Just because I'm not sucking Calvin Johnson's ---- like everybody else doesn't mean I won't be right.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Veteran

Also, you guys must not respect Kirk Herbstreit's opinion also because he has also said Jarrett is the best WR in the NFL Draft.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

ZZZZzzzz..

Still lacking any kind of evidence on why DJ will be better then CJ. You just named a whole bunch of bust.