Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > NBA Sim League

Old 07-26-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Asked in the other thread but I might as well put it here. Are we doing real draft classes or are the fictitious ones listed in the "Draft Preview" the ones we are rolling with?

I was kind of hoping for real guys as the idea of fulfilling the potential of guys like Kwame and Oden would make for a nice alternate history.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're going to be real players. I already gave zach the draft class.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
They're going to be real players. I already gave zach the draft class.
Sweet! :) I wasn't sure if there were built-in historical draft classes or if they would have to be hand-made.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Meant to ask you Zach I looked at the draft preview and googled a bunch of names after not finding the expected 2001 guys does this update at a later time or are we running with fictitious draft classes?
Ive answered this on two other threads and PMs. I will be doing real draft classes.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Sim is at 6:30 tonight

Because tonight I wont be here.

Days 21-30. I figured from now on do 15 days, because if not All Star games would be in like 3 days. So 15 days a pop from now on, this one is 10 to even it out.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just make a sim thread and update it when there's something to update, no real need to make a new thread for everything.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the GM cash thing

"3 DCs $50"

what is that

Old 07-26-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
the GM cash thing

"3 DCs $50"

what is that
3 Depth Chart Posts
Old 07-26-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Agreed. It's not like we're doing anything while the games are being played. It just sims.

If there was a set schedule (20 games every night, 4 days for an offseason, etc.), we could possibly do a bunch of years and people would know when they need to sign on and make changes and be active.

Going slowly takes away a lot of the fun for the rebuilding teams and the mediocre teams - which is the majority of users.

And Zach Saints... I can help you with draft classes because I don't have first round picks the next two years...
Of course we're doing things throughout the season. TRADES. Fine tune DC settings. The offseason isn't the only time to adjust your team.

I've been in slow leagues that sim 1 game a day. It does nothing to lose league interest if the players involved aren't flaky. What about 10 days at a time then? Is that middle ground? 20 games is way too fast.

I think if you are in rebuilding mode, then you want the season to go by quickly. I think we need to find a balance.

Last edited by D-Unit : 07-26-2013 at 03:36 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
3 Depth Chart Posts
Why is that an incentive?

Also, I forget what dollars are used for. Which of our 30 threads can I find that info in?
Old 07-26-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

10 a night sounds good to me, and push it up to like 13-15 for one sim if the break or something is coming up.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Question zach, Tracy Murray hasn't played for me at all and he wasn't injured, that I know of. Just wondering because I have him listed as a starter, and he's my best outside shooter with Vince.
He is listed as the starter. He mightve gotten injured during the sim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
sorry i've been MIA for awhile, but are we still allowed to sign free agents?
Always allowed to sign, but remember theres dead cap space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Agreed. It's not like we're doing anything while the games are being played. It just sims.

If there was a set schedule (20 games every night, 4 days for an offseason, etc.), we could possibly do a bunch of years and people would know when they need to sign on and make changes and be active.

Going slowly takes away a lot of the fun for the rebuilding teams and the mediocre teams - which is the majority of users.

And Zach Saints... I can help you with draft classes because I don't have first round picks the next two years...
Can't really have a set schedule because I am not even at home right now, living up my last few days in Boston. I do plan on doing something every night to keep it going though.

And I am switching to 15 days a sim.

Draft classes wont be that hard. Once I upload I will gain feedback and switch whats appropriate.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I just merged the "Sim Tonight" threads here.

zach, I will give you permissions to edit in this forum. That way you can edit the title of the thread on the time of sim.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Why is that an incentive?

Also, I forget what dollars are used for. Which of our 30 threads can I find that info in?
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57043

Merge the 'Remaining Free Agents' and FA Bid thread also. And delete the Camped Player Thread.

EDIT:The season is 120 days btw, not including playoffs.

Last edited by Docta : 07-26-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

20 a night seems good to me

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57043

Merge the 'Remaining Free Agents' and FA Bid thread also. And delete the Camped Player Thread.
Theres no reason to delete the camped player thread. We will need that wants people start using it, to keep track so people dont double dip on them.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow I can't believe I didn't notice the two GP triple-doubles. Thanks Docta.

He's shooting 39% but he's a beast.

And we held Stackhouse to 16 points.

Duncan put up 44 on us though....
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Theres no reason to delete the camped player thread. We will need that wants people start using it, to keep track so people dont double dip on them.
We can just use the Camps & Developments thread for that. Having too many threads will start confusing people.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
We can just use the Camps & Developments thread for that. Having too many threads will start confusing people.
How does it confuse people? It says who has been camped. Pretty much it.

And people need to start putting what day they get the cash as well. So they dont mix themselves up and claim twice or not at all.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

looking to trade Wesley for a pick if anyone wants that action
sbh15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

zach, I just gave you mod rights in this forum.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Updated the DC just now. Give a few minutes and im simming.

And thanks D-Unit for the mod rights.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my body is ready

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SEASON PREDICTIONS

East

1) Magic
2) Heat
3) Pacers
4) Nets
5) 76ers
6) Bucks
7) Raptors
8) Celtics
Cavs
Pistons
Hornets
Knicks
Hawks
Wizards
Bulls

West

1) Sonics
2) Blazers
3) Mavericks
4) Kings
5) Lakers
6) Spurs
7) Wolves
8) Rockets
Jazz
Grizzlies
Nuggets
Suns
Warriors
Clippers

Playoffs
Magic over Celtics
Heat over Raptors
Bucks over Pacers
76ers over Nets

Sonics over Rockets
Blazers over Wolves
Mavericks over Spurs
Kings over Lakers

Magic over Bucks
Heat over 76ers

Mavericks over Sonics
Blazers over Kings

Heat over Magic

Blazers over Mavericks

FINALS: Blazers 4, Heat 2

Draft order
1) Clippers
2) Bulls
3) Wizards
4) Hawks
5) Knicks
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Uploading now.