Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Better Stats if he was a feature back?
Michael Turner 67 70.53%
Ladell Betts 28 29.47%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
mil_brew_fan
Rookie

mil_brew_fan is a cocksman.mil_brew_fan is a cocksman.mil_brew_fan is a cocksman.mil_brew_fan is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
turner. 6ypc says it all
Well, when you have Lorenzo Neal blocking for you, that helps just a bit.
mil_brew_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

I love MT as a Charger fan, and think he will be better, but if we are talking right now, I would have to quote all the people I argue with and say Turner is not proven enough to be regarded as better than Betts right here. Now, I think and believe that Turner will be better, and has a much higher potential for stardom than betts, but Betts has proven he can be a starter, whereas Turner has given every indication he has the ability to be a full-time starter, but has not actaully proven it.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This maybe a stretch, but Betts reminds me of a poor mans Terrel Davis.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
How do you figure? Pretty sure that he'll be the fulltime starter next year.
He will, until he gets hurt that is. Your team made a big mistake by letting Jones go IMO because Benson hasn't proven that he could do anything accept play a back up roll.
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
He will, until he gets hurt that is. Your team made a big mistake by letting Jones go IMO because Benson hasn't proven that he could do anything accept play a back up roll.
How is he going to prove that if we have Jones still here? Did the Redskins make a mistake in benching Mark Brunell because Campbell hadn't proven anything yet?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
He's never been given the chance to prove anything except for one game last year against San Francisco, and he actually did pretty well.

Cedric IMO will be a better runner in this system and put up better numbers. TJ was a great back for us, but Ced fits the running system better with his downhill/physical style.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can all the Turner haters come up with a better excuse than "he ran on tired defenses" and "he had a good OLine"? It seems like you guys are great at taking away his acheivements, but I haven't seen anyone who is able to tell me that he doesn't have great skills. If you are going to say he won't be a successful starter, you have to come up with excuses that Turner himself can control. Why won't he have success, what are his negative attributes?

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a Turner hater. He just hasn't impressed me as much as Betts did in those last 6 full games. Proving he can carry the load a full season esp. with his running style etc.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
How is he going to prove that if we have Jones still here? Did the Redskins make a mistake in benching Mark Brunell because Campbell hadn't proven anything yet?
Thats different. Brunell sucked, Jones on the other hand didn't. I don't think that Benson will be half the back that Jones was but that is just my opinion. Look at the bright side you guys will probably win the division.
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:33 AM    (permalink
flave1969
Rookie

flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My only knock on Ladell is his propensity to fumble at crucial times. It has cost us big time especially last year. A fumbling problem can be cured as Tiki showed so lets hope he works on it. Betts was an effective receiver out of the backfield last year.

Last year was the first season that Betts had remained healthy and look what he did.

As for Turner, he looks really talented but we have to see what he can do as a starter before we compare.
flave1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:54 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
How does that make any sense? That's like saying that your girlfriend gives the best head because you've seen her perform, but little did you know that the girl you saw over at Baskin Robbins the other day "practicing" on a ice cream cone can actually do better. You've gotta base your opinion on something more meaningful than whether or not you've seen the guy in a feature role.
AHAHAH! Amazing! We miss you in the cowboys board!

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:27 AM    (permalink
myinnerself
Rookie

myinnerself hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Man, if you guys saw Turner as much as I did, you guys would be drooling over the guy and there would be no debate here. All you people say that his ypc are deceiving, he averages 6 ypc IN HIS CAREER, not just last year. Also, he doesn't just run in the 4th quarter, its just not true. I can't remember the last time I saw him stuffed at the line, he just always gets yards. He can do it all and I guarantee he gets 1250 or more yards in his first year as a full time starter. The guy is a flat out beast.
myinnerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:45 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TURNER

CAT G Att Yds Avg Lg TD 1st
1ST QUARTER 0 10 78 7.8 25 0 5
2ND QUARTER 0 16 81 5.1 22 0 3
3RD QUARTER 0 19 97 5.1 21 0 6
4TH QUARTER 0 35 246 7.0 73 2 10
4th WITHIN 7 0 17 92 5.4 23 0 5
OVERTIME 0 0 0 --- 0 0 0

while i agree he hasnt put up a full seasons worth of stats he still has over a 5.0 avg when the D is still fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:50 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Betts is a great backup and has proven he can be very productive in a starting role. However, his ceiling is not that high. Hes good but would never be great. Turner looks incredibly dominant when he runs and with his combo of size and speed and his ability to break tackles he could be a legit star. However, hes been doing what hes doing in a backup role and against defenses tired out from defending the best HB in the league. He needs to prove he can do it in a starting role.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
TURNER

CAT G Att Yds Avg Lg TD 1st
1ST QUARTER 0 10 78 7.8 25 0 5
2ND QUARTER 0 16 81 5.1 22 0 3
3RD QUARTER 0 19 97 5.1 21 0 6
4TH QUARTER 0 35 246 7.0 73 2 10
4th WITHIN 7 0 17 92 5.4 23 0 5
OVERTIME 0 0 0 --- 0 0 0

while i agree he hasnt put up a full seasons worth of stats he still has over a 5.0 avg when the D is still fresh
What about in the first quarter? did you include those in the 5.0 avg, because when you include that it still comes out to over six.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Turner by a mile, he reminds me a bit of when Duce Staley was in Philly.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
What about in the first quarter? did you include those in the 5.0 avg, because when you include that it still comes out to over six.
i was just using 5 as a good number. he has good numbers against defenses that arent tired yet.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 04-05-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
i was just using 5 as a good number. he has good numbers against defenses that arent tired yet.
Oh wow, i totally took that the wrong way, i thought you were saying five as being significantly less than six, meanging he wasn't performing as well. haha my bad.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:49 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Oh wow, i totally took that the wrong way, i thought you were saying five as being significantly less than six, meanging he wasn't performing as well. haha my bad.
no way, i really like his potential.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 04-05-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
no way, i really like his potential.
haha i do too, i can't believe i read that post so backwards.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mil_brew_fan View Post
Well, when you have Lorenzo Neal blocking for you, that helps just a bit.
Glad someone brought this up. Right now Betts, he has proven he can start and be productive. We havent actually seen Turner start, because LT never gets hurt. Also, to keep in mind players always seem better off the bench.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:15 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flave1969 View Post
My only knock on Ladell is his propensity to fumble at crucial times. It has cost us big time especially last year. A fumbling problem can be cured as Tiki showed so lets hope he works on it. Betts was an effective receiver out of the backfield last year.

Last year was the first season that Betts had remained healthy and look what he did.

As for Turner, he looks really talented but we have to see what he can do as a starter before we compare.
Man aint that the truth. That is my biggest knock on him also. We have lost 3 or 4 games the past 2 years just because betts fumbled the game away.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Turner by a mile! i want him so bad on the jets he dominated in northern illinois
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate to say it but Betts tore up the eagles run defense last year. More so than Portis.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDude View Post
Turner by a mile! i want him so bad on the jets he dominated in northern illinois
Garrett Wolfe is N. Illinois all-time leading rusher, want him too?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote