Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 07-22-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about 12.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I'll be that guy with you. We can't change the number of rounds after we've already started.
That's true. I do hate changing the rules after starting. I was only going to do it if that was the consensus.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There will be absolutely no votes influenced by players 11, 12, and 13.

That's my only point.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Tentative Starting Lineup

PG: Jure Holiday
SG: Klay Thompson
SF: Paul George
PF: Harrison Barnes
C: Blake Griffin

Go Small or go home!
I loved your team in the All Time draft but wow man, that's awful. And as for this, 12 players should be our roster. I went in looking to maximize value here.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

That's my only point.
You watch. When the force that is Byron Mullens fills out my roster, opinions will be swayed.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I loved your team in the All Time draft but wow man, that's awful. And as for this, 12 players should be our roster. I went in looking to maximize value here.
Kinda figured you'd hate it with Klay, Jrue and Barnes. But, **** it.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That's my only point.
Voting will not significantly be affected by the last three players, but money still needs to be spent at those spots in some capacity. My budget for those last three players isn't very much, but it's likely money that I would've already spent had known I wouldn't have needed it.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Again, what happens if you can afford 10, but not 13?
Old 07-22-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Again, what happens if you can afford 10, but not 13?
Simple. Then that means you mismanaged your draft and your final grade should be knocked down because of it.

I get your point... but my question is how come you didn't raise this before?
Old 07-22-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I did about 3 pages back, never got an answer, and drafted based on the idea that id rather have 5 good bench players than 8 bad ones.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I did about 3 pages back, never got an answer, and drafted based on the idea that id rather have 5 good bench players than 8 bad ones.
Nah, I meant before the draft started.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

So basically if you don't have 13 guys you can't win?

How about this... Once you reach your cap you can only add vet minimum players...
Old 07-22-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonna take a chance with it. Movin Russ to the 2 guard.

PG: Rondo
SG: Westbrook
SF: Leonard
PF: Anderson
C: Cousins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

How about this... Once you reach your cap you can only add vet minimum players...
We literally had this exact conversation already. And no, you can win without 13 guys but you'll be knocked down a bit for not trying to maximize your value.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-22-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Yawn. 5 guys are on the court at a time. No rotation has ever gone 13 deep. I don't think you should be knocked down because someone has a better 8th man than you but you have 3 more players who would never see the court in any basketball setting, NBA or a fantasy setting.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

Not basically. EXACTLY. It's not hard to find expensive talent falling to you in a draft like this. The challenge is to do it under the cap. If this was a typical BPA draft, then our rosters would look totally different.

Also, don't forget.. the goal is to build a dynasty starting from year 2016. No one cares if you would win the championship in 2014 or 2015.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Yawn. 5 guys are on the court at a time. No rotation has ever gone 13 deep. I don't think you should be knocked down because someone has a better 8th man than you but you have 3 more players who would never see the court in any basketball setting, NBA or a fantasy setting.
Build the team the best way your brain tells you to. Later there will be a time for justification. No sense for people to share their strategies during the draft. Obviously, you don't have a plan of sustainability.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Just to be clear... If I only can afford 11 guys, I cannot win?
Old 07-22-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rondo was a steal.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rondo was a steal.
Absolutely. I was going to take him in the first round if Curry was off the board. Almost took him in the second round too, but decided not to tie up so much money in my starting backcourt.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:54 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rondo was a steal.
I really contemplating taking him last round but I didn't know if I wanted to play Westbrook at the 2 or not. Finally decided I was ok with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I would have taken Rondo a while ago, but he is not a fit with LeBron at all.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-22-2013, 06:09 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we all would have taken Rondo, if not for having PG's that are better and/or have more potential. maybe only D-Unit's passing on Rondo for Lillard is indefensible. and Paul going with Jrue over Rondo was bad
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Wall, but I never would have taken him if I knew I could get Rondo in the 5th.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

At least you didn't take Jrue Holiday for a million less.

RIP TheManInBlack