Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 10-30-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
I want Eric Ebron, he's my draft crush this year. Also, like that Oregon corner whose name I won't bother trying to spell. A DE would be nice, but I haven't found one that intrigues me like Ansah and Mingo last year.

I also want Lache Seastrunk.
Ekpre-Olomu, best cover corner i've seen this year.

On a slightly differant topic. No team that has played Seattle this year has won the following week. Don't start now.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Ekpre-Olomu, best cover corner i've seen this year.

On a slightly differant topic. No team that has played Seattle this year has won the following week. Don't start now.
I was a lot less worried about this game before I watched them vs. your boys Monday. Those DEs worry me. They can totally wreck a gameplan. Maybe we can take care of business though.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:16 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those DEs are legit, but Seattle has one of the worst tackle combinations in the league right now so let's not forget that. Quinn can be ran on.

Seattle played pretty poorly the other night, I have a very hard time seeing a backup QB beat us with little to no run game. (that's if Stacy plays or not)
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:12 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could you guys imagine Mike Evans and Justin Hunter on the outside with Kendall Wright in the slot?

me neither.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Evans would be swell. I'd take Jordan Matthews, too.

But I'd also like a big TE to pair with Delanie and make him more flexible. ASJ or Ebron.

I wouldn't mind an OT that could play year one on the right and then flip to the left in year 2 or 3.

I'd also love a difference-maker on the d-line....

Can we somehow acquire 4 first round picks?

Last edited by CashmoneyDrew : 11-01-2013 at 12:06 PM.
CashmoneyDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At some point, we need to have something to show from our investment in the TE and WR position via the draft and FA.

On a side note, Jurrell Casey and ATV made NFL.coms top 5 list at their respective positions.

I'm hoping we can get ATV extended soon, he's a more valuable player at this point than some of our high paid players.

If we could keep him at his current income this year, and then give him a raise next year we could easily make that work by cutting Wimbley, and Stevens. With the possibility of Nate and Big Country, or even CJ if he can't turn it around.

We've got too many people not playing up to their cap status, while many are far exceeding theirs. I just hope this doesn't turn into the past Titans where we didn't cut players who we overpaid like Jake Scott etc.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Mike Evans would be swell. I'd take Jordan Matthews, too.

But I'd also like a big TE to pair with Delanie and make him more flexible. ASJ or Ebron.

I wouldn't mind an OT that could play year one on the right and then flip to the left in year 2 or 3.

I'd also love a difference-maker on the d-line....

Can we somehow acquire 4 first round picks?
Assuming the team has their alloted picks you could go:

1. Cameron Irving ot, Florida st.
2. Eric Ebron, te, NC or Jace Amaro te, Texas Tech.
3. Scott Crichton de, Oregon st.
4. Jeff Janis, wr, Saginaw Valley st.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as this upcoming offseason is concerned, I think I read that we won't have much $$$ available to pursue FAs this year. (Obviously, that situation changes a bit depending on what happens with Wimbley, Stewart, and CJ.) Still, overall, I'd expect us to focus mostly with re-signing our own players whose contracts are up and who have played well for us -- e.g. Verner, Pollard, Pitoitua, and Ant-Johnson. Then we'll have to focus on re-signing those depth guys who don't play as much but can still contribute -- e.g. DWilliams, maybe Klug, etc.

Consider also that we won't have a 3rd Round Pick in this upcoming draft because of the draft-day trade we made for Hunter. And consider that we're unlikely to get any compensatory picks after last offseason's bevy of FA signings. Factor all that FA and draft stuff into play; and I think that, best-case scenario, next year's team looks an awful lot like this year's team, plus (hopefully) a few rookie contributors. Honestly, that would be totally OK with me, as I think we've got the makings of something really good and because you can't be major players in FA every offseason.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Knew this pass rush was gonna give us trouble. The OL is getting absolutely smoked out there in pass pro. Otto got blown by like he was standing still on a 3 man rush at the end of the half.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

CJ finally running like he should have been all season long. One of the first games in a while where he's not just crumpling up at first contact and is actually slipping tackles.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big win, but Chance Warmack is still playing like weaksauce, though.

And why do we still throw Kenny Britt's way? Only bad things can come of that.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:57 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Big win, but Chance Warmack is still playing like weaksauce, though.

And why do we still throw Kenny Britt's way? Only bad things can come of that.
I've been wondering the same thing. He really shouldn't even be on the team at this point
Old 11-03-2013, 11:26 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kinda didn't like the pick at the time, but Kendall Wright is awesome. Love that guy now, and getting him the ball on slants could be dangerous.

Really liked what CJ gave us today, almost a flashback.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:30 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poor play by the Tits today, but sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Rams played well with Clemens, and they controlled the TOP all game. Drew's boy Zac Stacy CAME IN LIKE A WREEEECKING BAAAAAALL! Roos kept Robert Quinn in check, but Otto got abused by Long and Langford. But turnovers and when/where they happened were the clinchers, and the Rams had one that took points off the board and a second that led to a Tits TD. Sad to see such sloppy play after a Bye.

Always stoked when CJ goes off. So glad Greene is back too. Wonder if Otto is just a better run-blocker than Stewart, or if this just shows how hampered Big Country has been by his injury.

Our LBs need to do tackle drills. Jeez.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

I'm sticking with 9-7 with tie breakers over the Jets and Chargers. So shoot me.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets beating the Saints wasn't ideal.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:26 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st RD: Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
2nd RD: Christian Jones, ILB, Florida St.
4th RD: Kareem Martin, DE, North Carolina
4th RD via trade: JaWuan James, OT, Tennessee

This. This I want.

Eric Ebron is a monster. I want Jake to have a talented outlet. Craig Stevens is out.

Trade up for JaWuan James or Morgan Moses. This class could turn out to be sooooo deep at OT, so hopefully a solid RT prospect falls. We can play them at RT, and tag Roos so he remains at LT. I think Roos is worth a 3-4 year investment. David Stewart is out.

I love Kareem Martin. He shouldn't make it to the 4th, but I pray he does. Kinda reminds me of Chandler Jones. He gots da pterodactyl arms. Makes Wimbley expendable.

Christian Jones is a stud. He can play 4-3 MIKE, 4-3 SLB, and even rush the passer. I.rate him similarly to Akeem Ayers. If the coaches still want a speedy, athletic ILB, this is the guy that fits - fits it and more. Fokou is no longer needed.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Poor play by the Tits today, but sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Rams played well with Clemens, and they controlled the TOP all game. Drew's boy Zac Stacy CAME IN LIKE A WREEEECKING BAAAAAALL! Roos kept Robert Quinn in check, but Otto got abused by Long and Langford. But turnovers and when/where they happened were the clinchers, and the Rams had one that took points off the board and a second that led to a Tits TD. Sad to see such sloppy play after a Bye.

Always stoked when CJ goes off. So glad Greene is back too. Wonder if Otto is just a better run-blocker than Stewart, or if this just shows how hampered Big Country has been by his injury.

Our LBs need to do tackle drills. Jeez.
This is what I've been wondering as well. I know we've had little success running right all season, and now all of a sudden we had major success running right. Is this because Otto was playing for Stewart, or simply because the Rams run defense is that bad?

I've always supported Big Country, but I'm relatively positive he won't be back next season. He has a voidable contract, and I'm not sure if that's by him or the team.

He's still a solid pass blocker, but he just doesn't seem to do it in the run game.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Jets beating the Saints wasn't ideal.
No, no it wasn't. It's amazing how things differ week to week, or a few weeks later. We absolutely dominated the Jets, and now the Jets beat the Saints, a pretty good team, probably top 10.

The Jets have a fairly easy schedule down the stretch, and unfortunately they got the two new england games over early before they were playing well and went 1-1.

Unless we can hand the Colts 2 losses, we don't have much of a shot at the division barring some unforeseen meltdown by the Colts. No division championship would leave us battling the Jets, Dolphins and Chargers (and you can't count out some of the 3-5 team either) for the last wildcard seed as KC or DEN will take #5
Old 11-04-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

The thing with the Jets is they can beat a New England or a New Orleans and then lose to Buffalo. I'm just not seeing Geno Smith leading them to 10 wins. Both teams finish 9-7 Tits should be in.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I wanna say we will squeak into the playoffs at the 6 seed, but I'm still hesitant.

We need to sweep JAX twice, Oakland, and Arizona. Then we need to take one of our home games against Houston (doable), or Indy. Getting both of those would be even better.

I don't see us beating Denver or Indy twice.

What are the order of tie breakers again? Seeing as how our main two competitors for that 6th seed we will have beaten head-to-head...

Last edited by CashmoneyDrew : 11-04-2013 at 11:21 AM.
CashmoneyDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's the schedules of the teams with at least 4 wins and we are most likely going to be fighting with for the last spot.

-We don't have a daunting schedule, but Indy twice and Denver, and the three game road trip won't be pleasant. We also don't play anyone else in the hunt really, although Oakland is only one game behind.
-The Chargers have it rough, getting that win in Washington would have been huge for them, and without it they got five tough games left against KC, DEN and CIN.

The Jets probably have it easiest going down the stretch, but they are unpredictable and you never know which team is going to show up week to week.

I like our chances, but I think the Jets are going to be the team that is the one we are battling with until the end.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
I wanna say we will squeak into the playoffs at the 6 seed, but I'm still hesitant.

We need to sweep JAX twice, Oakland, and Arizona. Then we need to take one of our home games against Houston (doable), or Indy. Getting both of those would be even better.

I don't see us beating Denver or Indy twice.

What are the order of tie breakers again? Seeing as how our main two competitors for that 6th seed we will have beaten head-to-head...
With two teams it's head to head first then conferance schedule. After that it becomes record against common opponants all the way down to a coin toss.

It gets realy murky when there are 3 teams tied for a wild care spot although it it were the Jets and the Chargers the Titans would probably be ok there.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

If it comes down to the Jets and Chargers that we're tied with, we'd win because we have the head to head win over both. If we hadn't beat both it would not matter.

If it's a 4 way tie with someone like the Dolphins, then it goes down to the conference record.

San Diego has a pretty rough schedule, the Jets is pretty reasonable but I still don't trust Geno to put up consistent games which means they're a crapshoot.

We really need to finish 9-7 or better to have a shot, but we really helped ourselves beating the Jets and Chargers. Our conference record is 3-2, the Chargers are 2-3 and the Jets are 2-4.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

It's pretty early but I've been thinking a little about the offseason.

WR Kenny Britt - Let Walk
C Rob Turner - Let Walk
WR Damian Williams - resign if reasonable
RT David Stewart - Cut (saves around 6.4m)
TE Craig Stevens - Cut (saves 2.2m, accounts for 2m in dead money)
DE Kamerion Wimbley - Cut (saves 2.4m, accounts for 5.4m in dead money)
OT Mike Otto - Let Walk
DE Ropati Pitoitua - Resign if reasonable
SS Bernard Pollard - Resign if reasonable
CB Alterraun Verner - Resign

It'd be a lot in dead money, but these 3 really should be on the team making that much.