Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 12-14-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed, Munch has been a major disappointment and needs to go ASAP.

On a side note, I've been doing a mock GM draft, so far I've got:

1) OT Cameron Erving Florida State
2) DE Kony Ealy Missouri

I was working hard to get a trade down and recoup our 3rd round selection. But when that failed I went with the BPA, who just so happened to be at a position of need (after I cut Stewart)
Old 12-15-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Hunter is inactive for today's game for being a doucher.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully these are the final nails in Munchak's coffin.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:04 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well......

higher draft pick...right? right?
Old 12-15-2013, 08:21 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I hope we lose out. None of this "let's win these last two for momentum into next year" BS.

Get the highest draft pick possible. Clean house with the coaching staff. Get some playmakers on the roster.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We've also had some players regress in my opinion. Brown and Ayers most notably.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:43 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
We've also had some players regress in my opinion. Brown and Ayers most notably.
I'm not as worried about Brown. He was playing much better at the start of this season, when the team was being more aggressive with him. I think he can and will rebound with better coaching and better scheming.

I'm more worried about Ayers, who has looked pretty lost at OLB this season (at least in my opinion). As I've mentioned elsewhere, I wonder if next year's staff will consider shifting him to DE (in the current Wimbley role, but with more snaps), as he seems more comfortable with his hand in the dirt on the DL than with dropping back in coverage.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:06 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brown is fine, he's hit somewhat of a sophomore slump this last half of the season but he's still a nice piece to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:40 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd kill for a upper echelon Saftey or MLBer on this team. DE is going to work itself out sooner or later because of the Casey effect, but damn I'd love to fill one of those two positions with an all-pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I hope you're right on Brown, but it is very disconcerting that he has all but disappeared the past several weeks and was benched after the 1st quarter yesterday. Lavonte David should have been the pick, I know a lot of us wanted him that year. Brown can make splash plays but he's nowhere near as consistent on a down to down basis like David is.

I'm starting to feel like it would benefit us greatly to have a real physical presence at LB, MLB specifically.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:12 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Christian Jones, C.J. Mosley, Shayne Skov, Andrew Jackson, Max Bullough...

Some pretty good MLBs in this draft. Not much in the way of free agents though, I don't think.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:49 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

According to Jim Wyatt, we just signed Tyler Wilson to the 53-man roster.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:30 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Christian Jones, C.J. Mosley, Shayne Skov, Andrew Jackson, Max Bullough...

Some pretty good MLBs in this draft. Not much in the way of free agents though, I don't think.
Add Perryman if he declares
Old 12-16-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
According to Jim Wyatt, we just signed Tyler Wilson to the 53-man roster.
I'd start him the last week of the season just to see what he can do
Old 12-18-2013, 08:12 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to grab Terrance West from Towson in the mid-rounds if he declares. Why?

1. I'm done with Chris Johnson's ****.
2. There's a huge need at running back.
3. He reminds me of Marshawn Lynch.
4. I go to school with him.
5. It would further piss off the Baltimore Raven fans around me who want him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
I want to grab Terrance West from Towson in the mid-rounds if he declares. Why?
I really like James Wilder Jr. I think he can be really special.

I'd like to give CJ one year with a decent HC and OC. If he can't handle it then cut him.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I want:

Kyle Shanahan as HC
Gary Kubiak as OC
Jim Schwartz as DC

I can dream, can't I?
Old 12-18-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I want:

Kyle Shanahan as HC
Gary Kubiak as OC
Jim Schwartz as DC

I can dream, can't I?
I like the Shanahan & Kubiak combination as HC & OC.

But Jim Schwartz as DC? No thanks. That guy and his bend-don't-break defense was absolutely painful to watch during his last few years here in TN. (Schwartz's super-soft zone makes Jerry Gray look like Dick LeBeau in comparison.) Schwartz's defense only works if you've got a VERY good DL and secondary to mask the fact that he never blitzes anybody. I'd prefer someone who's going to send Brown, Ayers, Gooden, etc. after the QB as often as possible.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
I like the Shanahan & Kubiak combination as HC & OC.

But Jim Schwartz as DC? No thanks. That guy and his bend-don't-break defense was absolutely painful to watch during his last few years here in TN. (Schwartz's super-soft zone makes Jerry Gray look like Dick LeBeau in comparison.) Schwartz's defense only works if you've got a VERY good DL and secondary to mask the fact that he never blitzes anybody. I'd prefer someone who's going to send Brown, Ayers, Gooden, etc. after the QB as often as possible.
There's ups and downs with both DC's I believe. You could promote Gregg Williams in this scenario as well, and I'd be perfectly fine with that.

There's a significant philosophy difference between Schwartz and Williams. Schwartz prefers to build his defenses from the inside out, Casey is already a stud and I still feel like Mike Martin can be another menace on the inside. Paired with a former Lion, SLH and I think he could make that interior work well within his system. Our secondary is, IMO, very good. If we had Schwartz I feel like Ayers would make a permanant move to DE, and Wimbley may prove to be halfway worth the contract we gave him. I think we could easily teach Brown or Gooden to play SLB in today NFL. I'm still trying to figure out the Gooden pick though to be honest.

On the other hand, with Williams he builds defenses from the outside in. He prefers to have solid pass rushers on the outside and leave the LBers to blitz. This often allows TEs and RBs to beat us in the passing game more than usual. He likes space eaters in the middle.

I wish I knew exactly how much of our current defense was Gray, and how much was Williams.

Either way, I don't think we could go wrong with either as our DC. Both are proven DC that run different philosophies efficiently. Personally, my defensive philosophy has always been to beat the O-Line with your 4 defensive lineman, randomly sending a LB at times also. I feel like depending on your linebackers to provide a pass rush is letting easy quick reads and checkdowns to RBs and TEs. To me, the linebackers in a 4-3 defense are not meant to rush the passer except occasionally.

Last edited by mightytitan9 : 12-19-2013 at 12:08 AM.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
There's ups and downs with both DC's I believe. You could promote Gregg Williams in this scenario as well, and I'd be perfectly fine with that.

There's a significant philosophy difference between Schwartz and Williams. Schwartz prefers to build his defenses from the inside out, Casey is already a stud and I still feel like Mike Martin can be another menace on the inside. Paired with a former Lion, SLH and I think he could make that interior work well within his system. Our secondary is, IMO, very good. If we had Schwartz I feel like Ayers would make a permanant move to DE, and Wimbley may prove to be halfway worth the contract we gave him. I think we could easily teach Brown or Gooden to play SLB in today NFL. I'm still trying to figure out the Gooden pick though to be honest.

On the other hand, with Williams he builds defenses from the outside in. He prefers to have solid pass rushers on the outside and leave the LBers to blitz. This often allows TEs and RBs to beat us in the passing game more than usual. He likes space eaters in the middle.

I wish I knew exactly how much of our current defense was Gray, and how much was Williams.

Either way, I don't think we could go wrong with either as our DC. Both are proven DC that run different philosophies efficiently. Personally, my defensive philosophy has always been to beat the O-Line with your 4 defensive lineman, randomly sending a LB at times also. I feel like depending on your linebackers to provide a pass rush is letting easy quick reads and checkdowns to RBs and TEs. To me, the linebackers in a 4-3 defense are not meant to rush the passer except occasionally.
Yeah...I'm also curious as to whether the DEF we've seen this year is mostly Gray or Williams. And I also agree that moving Ayers to DE next season is a legit thing to consider because he's looked so utterly lost at OLB. (Clearly, he's a 3-4 OLB that we've forced into a 4-3 system, at least in my opinion.)

To me, the only season in which Schwartz's defensive philosophy really worked here was the year that Haynesworth did his "I'm-the-best-player-in-the-world" impression every week and was consistently dominating every double-team and even triple-team that opposing OLs threw his way. As good as Casey is playing (and I think he's well-deserving of a Pro Bowl start), I'm not sure that he's playing at that magical AH level -- which was truly, truly terrifyingly dominant that year.

To my mind, the one attribute that our current LB core has -- and I mean the ONE attribute, as it doesn't look like they can tackle or cover anyone right now -- is speed (particularly with Brown and Gooden). Even Ayers, who doesn't have great "timed speed" has shown that he can pin his ears back and get after the QB quickly. So, although heavy blitzing is uncommon for most 4-3 teams, I ultimately think that you have to play to your players' strengths, which would mean generating more pass-rush from the second level of our DEF.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really like James Wilder Jr. I think he can be really special.
On January 11, 2013, Wilder was arrested for the third time in less than a year, related to a warrant for failing to appear on a charge of driving with a suspended license.[4]

Nope, I don't want to put up with another Kenny Britt type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
On January 11, 2013, Wilder was arrested for the third time in less than a year, related to a warrant for failing to appear on a charge of driving with a suspended license.[4]

Nope, I don't want to put up with another Kenny Britt type.
Eh, to me its different spending a 4th/5th on that guy than a first like Britt. Wilder has similar skills to Foster
Old 12-19-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
Yeah...I'm also curious as to whether the DEF we've seen this year is mostly Gray or Williams. And I also agree that moving Ayers to DE next season is a legit thing to consider because he's looked so utterly lost at OLB. (Clearly, he's a 3-4 OLB that we've forced into a 4-3 system, at least in my opinion.)
I agree, and I think if we're going to try to run the Seattle type Defense, we need to actually committ to that. I think part of our problem right now is that our defense has no identity.

We've still got an immense amount of talent on the defensive side of the ball, it's aggravating to perform like we have. Of course, our defense hasn't been horrible this year, ranking 19th in pts allowed and 14th in yards. Maybe that should be considered enough of an improvement from last years 32nd in pts allowed and 27th in yards?
Old 12-19-2013, 09:02 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agreed, Munch has been a major disappointment and needs to go ASAP.

On a side note, I've been doing a mock GM draft, so far I've got:

1) OT Cameron Erving Florida State
2) DE Kony Ealy Missouri

I was working hard to get a trade down and recoup our 3rd round selection. But when that failed I went with the BPA, who just so happened to be at a position of need (after I cut Stewart)
Love Kony Ealy!

Kony 2014!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Love Kony Ealy!

Kony 2014!!!
I was stoked to get him in the 2nd.

Right now here's my draft:

1) OT Cameron Erving FSU
2) DE Kony Ealy Mizzou
4) FS Ty Zimmerman KSU
5) WR Devin Street Pitt
6) DE Josh Mauro

Still have a 7th.

Josh Mauro is a beast as well and I was thrilled to get him as a 6th round selection.