Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 04-04-2014, 02:52 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like bush and Greene are both power back, but bush is pretty good out of the backfield

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:11 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, it's not the ideal compliment, but it's better than anyone else out there at the moment (unless someone gets cut by the team who signs CJ)

Whisenhunt got 8/77/td from Ronnie Brown in the playoffs, so I'm confident with whatever he does with our RBs.

I'm still a huge James Wilder JR fan, and feel like he's one of the most talented RBs in the class.

There's lots of talented RBs in the class. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of DeVonte Freeman, Lache Seastrunk drop to the 4th. In addiiton, Charles Sims and Marion Grice are guys that may be later.

If we wait til late or decide just to bring in UDFAs to compete, we need to take a look at Henry Josey, James Sims, Damien Williams, and John Hubert
Old 04-06-2014, 12:56 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So...with the draft about a month out, I thought I'd do a quick mock-draft and prospective opening-day 53-man roster.

DRAFT:
1. OLB Anthony Barr, UCLA
Here are the players who I think are definitely gone by our #11 pick: Bortles, Clowney, Bridgewater, Watkins, Robinson, Matthews, Mack, & Manziel. With our first pick, we consider Gilbert/Dennard; however, we ultimately go with Barr. While Phillips & Ayers are entrenched as our starting OLBs, I think that actually makes Barr a more logical pick here because his biggest flaw is his relative inexperience. This would allow him to play in specific sub-packages this season, continue to learn the game, and become a consistent contributor in his second season.

2. CB Jason Verrett, TCU
I think both QB Carr & QB Garoppolo are gone by this pick, as is RB Hyde. Thus, we take a look at CB to try and fill the hole opened by Verner's departure. While Sensabaugh has a firm grip on the NB gig, I'd expect Verrett to compete in camp with BWW & Campbell for the #2 job opposite McCourty. I expect BWW to be the "starter" on opening day; however, Verrett could develop into the better player eventually -- he's a feisty CB who plays bigger than he is.

3. NO PICK

4. RB Charles Sims, WVU
Ideally, I'd love to pick QB Mettenberger here, but I think he gets drafted in the 3rd Round based on his potential. The other QBs available here (Murray, Thomas, & Fales) don't exactly fit Whisenhunt's system. So, we look at RB here. Sims fits a need for us, and he's a dual threat running and receiving. Plus, he's met with the Titans brass, and we often draft a couple players who we've brought in for visits. He'd be in a RBBC with Greene & McCluster.

5. QB Tom Savage, PITT
Here, we finally get our QB to develop. Savage has great size, a big arm, and shows a willingness to work within the pocket. While I don't feel that he's a franchise QB for us, he has the skills and potential to be a very solid backup QB for us -- especially with a year of learning under Whisenhunt, Whitehurst, etc. He's been a draft climber lately, going from a projected 7th Round pick to a 4th/5th Rounder at this point.

6. OT Matt Patchen, BC
Based on potential alone, it seems that Patchen could be drafted higher; however, his production hasn't been great because he's an injury waiting to happen. Still, considering that Roos is in his final year, that Oher's contract is pretty short (or, more accurately, most of the money is front-loaded so that he can be cut early if he continues to under-perform as he did last season), and that Stingily is still relatively unproven, it's worth taking a shot on Patchen this late to see if he can at least become a longterm backup OT.

7. DT Beau Allen, WISC
With our smaller LBs (Brown, Woodyard, Gooden, etc.), it seems important to have a big space-eater up front at NT who can occupy blockers and allow our LBs to run free and make plays. Unfortunately, as of right now, with the exception of Mookie Johnson, we don't really have any big NTs. At 325 lbs, Allen has NT size. Plus, he's got experience playing DT in both the 4-3 and the 3-4 while at Wisconsin, which would help with learning Horton's hybrid system. Worth a flier at this point to potentially fill a need.

POST-DRAFT FREE-AGENTS:
1. WR Damien Williams
2. ILB Pat Angerer
NOTES: Considering that the Titans didn't draft a WR, I think they'll look to someone who's familiar with the team and its WR-coach. Williams is still available and showed last season that he's a very capable #3/#4 WR. Angerer is recovering from an injury last season; however, he's a capable tackler with experience in the 3-4 (which is something we're lacking in our current ILBs) and should be relatively affordable.

OPENING ROSTER:
QB: Jake Locker, Charlie Whitehurst, Tom Savage
RB: Shonn Greene, Dexter McCluster, Charles Sims, Jackie Battle
FB: Collin Mooney
WR: Kendall Wright, Nate Washington, Justin Hunter, Damien Williams, Marc Mariani
TE: Delanie Walker, Craig Stevens, Taylor Thompson
OT: Michael Roos, Michael Oher, Byron Stingily, Matt Patchen
OG: Andy Levitre, Chance Warmack, Eric Olson
C: Brian Schwenke, Chris Spencer

DE: Jurrell Casey, Derrick Morgan, Ropati Pitoitua, Mike Martin
DT: Antonio Johnson, Al Woods, Beau Allen
OLB: Akeem Ayers, Shaun Phillips, Anthony Barr, Kamerion Wimbley
ILB: Zach Brown, Wesley Woodyard, Pat Angerer, Zavier Gooden, Moise Foku
CB: Jason McCourty, Blidi Wreh-Wilson, Coty Sensabaugh, Jason Verrett, Tommie Campbell
FS: Michael Griffin, George Wilson
SS: Bernard Pollard, Daimion Stafford

K: Maikon Bonani
P: Bret Kern
LS: Beau Brinkley
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:18 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just to give another opinion here:

DRAFT:

1) LB Anthony Barr UCLA - I'm expecting the same players to be gone by our pick in round 1. I think ultimately the selection would be Anthony Barr in this scenario. Horton needs pass rushers and pressure in order to make his system work, he was adamant in bringing in Barkevious Mingo last year despite already having Jabaal Sheard and giving Kruger 40m in free agency. Akeem Ayers has always been best suited for a 3-4 backer, and Shaun Phillips is still fully capable. However, Phillips is a short term answer and Ayers is a FA and if he plays well who knows if we would retain him. The Vikings are a little of a darkhorse for me in drafting Anthony Barr given Mike Zimmers history, but ultimately I think they'll go a different direction.

2) RB Bishop Sankey Washington: I'm expecting CBs Fuller, Verrett and Roby to all be gone by this selection. Sankey is the most complete back in the draft and Whisenhunt will put him to use right away. *Note: I expect us to extend Michael Roos in the near future. If we don't think Michael will be with us into the future, Morgan Moses is highly considered instead.

4) CB EJ Gaines Missouri - EJ is a guy who can play inside or out, press or off coverage. He'd be an extremlely valuable selection because we would have another guy to compete at the NB position and allow Sensabaugh to compete outside. *Note: I'm expecting either Brown or Gooden to project to ILB opposite of Woodyard. If Horton does not believe either can play here, Christian Jones ILB FSU would be highly considered.

5) WR Brandon Coleman Rutgers - There's only so many WRs that are this big and this fluid of an athlete. He can create after the catch and create mismatches, Whisenhunt would know how to use him.

6) OT Cornelius Lucas Kansas State - Like Coleman, there's only so many players as big as Lucas is. Whisenhunt had success with a similar player (although more highly touted) in King Dunlap and DJ Fluker last season. Although Lucas may never be a suitable starter at LT, he could backup at both LT and RT.

7) DT Zach Kerr Delaware - Big, althetic and full of energy. Isn't that exactly what you want in a NT? He played NT, DE and a 3-tech for Delaware, so Horton would love his versatility. Plus he has a nonstop motor, so there's no downside.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:52 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
DRAFT:
1) LB Anthony Barr UCLA - I'm expecting the same players to be gone by our pick in round 1. I think ultimately the selection would be Anthony Barr in this scenario. Horton needs pass rushers and pressure in order to make his system work, he was adamant in bringing in Barkevious Mingo last year despite already having Jabaal Sheard and giving Kruger 40m in free agency. Akeem Ayers has always been best suited for a 3-4 backer, and Shaun Phillips is still fully capable. However, Phillips is a short term answer and Ayers is a FA and if he plays well who knows if we would retain him. The Vikings are a little of a darkhorse for me in drafting Anthony Barr given Mike Zimmers history, but ultimately I think they'll go a different direction.

2) RB Bishop Sankey Washington: I'm expecting CBs Fuller, Verrett and Roby to all be gone by this selection. Sankey is the most complete back in the draft and Whisenhunt will put him to use right away. *Note: I expect us to extend Michael Roos in the near future. If we don't think Michael will be with us into the future, Morgan Moses is highly considered instead.

4) CB EJ Gaines Missouri - EJ is a guy who can play inside or out, press or off coverage. He'd be an extremlely valuable selection because we would have another guy to compete at the NB position and allow Sensabaugh to compete outside. *Note: I'm expecting either Brown or Gooden to project to ILB opposite of Woodyard. If Horton does not believe either can play here, Christian Jones ILB FSU would be highly considered.

5) WR Brandon Coleman Rutgers - There's only so many WRs that are this big and this fluid of an athlete. He can create after the catch and create mismatches, Whisenhunt would know how to use him.

6) OT Cornelius Lucas Kansas State - Like Coleman, there's only so many players as big as Lucas is. Whisenhunt had success with a similar player (although more highly touted) in King Dunlap and DJ Fluker last season. Although Lucas may never be a suitable starter at LT, he could backup at both LT and RT.

7) DT Zach Kerr Delaware - Big, althetic and full of energy. Isn't that exactly what you want in a NT? He played NT, DE and a 3-tech for Delaware, so Horton would love his versatility. Plus he has a nonstop motor, so there's no downside.
I like all of these players and see the rational behind most of these picks as well. While I don't think we'll take a RB in the 2nd Round given the depth at that position in this draft, I wouldn't be upset with Sankey at all, as I think he'd be a good contributor for us. I also like what I've read about Kerr, and the only reason that I didn't pick him in my mock in the 7th Round is that I think he'll be gone by then. (I see him as a late 5th / early 6th type player, though I hope I'm wrong and that we can snag him late.)

The only pick above that I'm unsure about is Coleman. He's an intriguing player; however, I don't really see WR as an immediate need for us, as I think our top 3 spots are locked-down with Wright, Washington, and Hunter. I expect Mariani to make the team as our #5 WR because (a.) the signings thus far seem to indicate that they want depth at the returner spot, (b.) that they don't want McCluster doing all the returning and risking injury, & (c.) Mariani represents more value positionally than Leon Washington. I think we'll only carry 5 WRs because McCluster can line-up at WR, as can Delanie in a pinch.

But, with the inexperienced Mariani as our #5 guy and the inexperienced Hunter as our #3 guy, I think we'll look for a cheap FA veteran to fill the #4 spot -- similar to what we had in mind when we signed Kevin Walter last season. Some veteran WRs that should be available for relatively cheap due to injury, age, or production concerns: Damian Williams, Earl Bennett, Nate Burleson, Danario Alexander, Sidney Rice, & Jason Avant. I think any of those guys would be able to contribute as a #4 WR.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:51 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
I like all of these players and see the rational behind most of these picks as well. While I don't think we'll take a RB in the 2nd Round given the depth at that position in this draft, I wouldn't be upset with Sankey at all, as I think he'd be a good contributor for us. I also like what I've read about Kerr, and the only reason that I didn't pick him in my mock in the 7th Round is that I think he'll be gone by then. (I see him as a late 5th / early 6th type player, though I hope I'm wrong and that we can snag him late.)

The only pick above that I'm unsure about is Coleman. He's an intriguing player; however, I don't really see WR as an immediate need for us, as I think our top 3 spots are locked-down with Wright, Washington, and Hunter. I expect Mariani to make the team as our #5 WR because (a.) the signings thus far seem to indicate that they want depth at the returner spot, (b.) that they don't want McCluster doing all the returning and risking injury, & (c.) Mariani represents more value positionally than Leon Washington. I think we'll only carry 5 WRs because McCluster can line-up at WR, as can Delanie in a pinch.

But, with the inexperienced Mariani as our #5 guy and the inexperienced Hunter as our #3 guy, I think we'll look for a cheap FA veteran to fill the #4 spot -- similar to what we had in mind when we signed Kevin Walter last season. Some veteran WRs that should be available for relatively cheap due to injury, age, or production concerns: Damian Williams, Earl Bennett, Nate Burleson, Danario Alexander, Sidney Rice, & Jason Avant. I think any of those guys would be able to contribute as a #4 WR.
I agree with the majority of what you've said here as well. Just a few things to address.

1) I find it interesting what Whiz wants to do @ RB. Is he confident in a combination of Shonn Greene, Jackie Battle and Dexter McCluster? I don't think Leon Washington will contribute much of anything at RB, so I excluded him there. Personally, I think Whiz is going to want a RB that can come in and contribute right away, Sankey is similar to Giovanni Bernard from last year, so I think there's a lot of value there. However, that doesn't mean we will take one in the 2nd and there's a lot of value in the position. I think it mainly just depends on if there is a guy that Whiz really likes or not. I wouldn't be opposed to spending a 2nd or a 5th.

2) I think scouts will like Kerr more than most draftniks do, I'd grade him out about a 4th rounder personally. However, I used CBSSports rankings and he was there where our 7th round selection would be.

3) The Coleman one was mostly a potential one, but it also provides depth. I largely think it will be Hunter, Wright, Washington with Preston getting some snaps. I think we'll carry 6 WRs, and I think Mariani and Washington will battle for the KR spot with McCluster likely do PR. Coleman is building for the future, because if he can develop we've got an outside guy and could have Hunter & Coleman outside with Wright in the slot since I highly doubt Washington will be resigned.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:23 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Wimbley restructured. Good move
Old 04-07-2014, 08:56 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Wimbley restructured. Good move
I actually think this is a GREAT move for us. Wimbley's got experience in the 3-4, he can play either 3-4 OLB spot, and he can play 4-3 DE as well when Horton's hybrid system calls for it. I expect him to get more snaps this year than last year under the old regime, and I think he can contribute as backup to Phillips/Ayers in a pass-rushing role.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:20 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

No doubt, I'm really interested to know if our coaches and front office feel OLB is as big of a need as most Titan fans do
Old 04-08-2014, 03:12 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Craig Stevens also redid his contract. It's good to see us correcting some past mistakes and not just carrying the contracts til their end like years past.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:34 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Stevens contract was soooo bad, lol.

The more mocks I see, the worse I feel about the Oher signing. What if Greg Robinson falls to us at 11? Play him at RT his rookie year, then next year, move him to LT and re-sign Roos to play RT. Cyrus Kouandijo and Tiny Richardson are health risks, but they're premier RT prospects who could very well be there at our 2nd. There are also guys who could fall to our 4th RD pick, like Ja'Wuan James (who we're bringing in) and James Hurst. Odds are an OT will be the BPA at several of our picks.

I think I'd have rather saved the money, but at least it now allows us some flexibility to address other positions if we want.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:31 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
The more mocks I see, the worse I feel about the Oher signing. What if Greg Robinson falls to us at 11? Play him at RT his rookie year, then next year, move him to LT and re-sign Roos to play RT. Cyrus Kouandijo and Tiny Richardson are health risks, but they're premier RT prospects who could very well be there at our 2nd. There are also guys who could fall to our 4th RD pick, like Ja'Wuan James (who we're bringing in) and James Hurst. Odds are an OT will be the BPA at several of our picks.

I think I'd have rather saved the money, but at least it now allows us some flexibility to address other positions if we want.
I don't think that the Oher signing takes us out of the running for an OT in the early-to-mid rounds -- especially considering that Roos is in the final year of his contract. I don't see Matthews or Robinson lasting to our #11 pick; and I'm not crazy about either Lewan or Kouandjio. But I think there are some interesting prospects that might be available later.

Also...the Oher contract sounds a lot worse than it actually is. From the link below, you'll see that it's basically a one-year tryout deal. The deal is set-up so that the Titans can cut him after this season with no guaranteed money.

LINK: http://espn.go.com/blog/tennessee-ti...-contract-info
Old 04-11-2014, 11:39 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the first draft for the Titans in a long time where I haven't zeroed in on one single guy for the first pick. I feel like I could honestly make a case for me enjoying the Tits drafting a bunch of different guys.

Greg Robinson, Eric Ebron, Mike Evans, Ra'Shede Hageman, Anthony Barr, C.J. Mosley, Haha Clinton-Dix, any of these guys I'd be fine with. The second round is just as interesting too.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:40 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Yeah the Oher signing in no way limits us on draft day. It's basically a one year $6m deal

With that said, Roos is not coming back to play RT. I really doubt either Robinson or Matthews fall to us.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:43 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I would be extremely disappointed in Clinton Dix.

I could deal with Evans, but it seems like overkill.

I could deal with Ebron, but Whisenhunt hardly utilzes TEs

I like Hageman, but not at #11. Maybe in a trade down scenario.

I'm with you though, I kinda like Anthony Barr as my front runner, but wouldn't be vastly disappointed
Old 04-21-2014, 11:54 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

As some of you may know, I GM'd the Titans in our forum mock draft held this past week.

Here are the results:

Titans draft

1) LB Anthony Barr UCLA - Can compete for a starting job and will see time in certain packages. Nice guy in case we can't retain Ayers after the season or if Phillips starts showing his age. Too good to pass up here.

2) QB Zach Mettenberger LSU - First off is to get 100% healthy, then he can compete for a backup job and maybe a starting job if Locker struggles, which I doubt will happen. Allows us to already have a top level talent in place if Locker doesn't return for 2015. I feel if he's healthy he's a top 20 pick.

4) CB EJ Gaines Missouri - Will compete for backup spots outside and the starting nickel back spot (primarily if Sensabaugh wins outside). Has size limitations, but I think he's greatly undervalued due to that fact. The taller CBs that aren't the players Gaines are went before him.

5) RB Terrence West Towson - Can compete to split carries with Greene and McCluster @ RB. Developmental type pick that shouldn't have fallen this far.

6) OT Cornelius Lucas Kansas State - 36 1/2 inch arms @ 6'8 316 pounds. Whisenhunt was able to alter the offense to make King Dunlap a decent starting LT last year, Lucas will be a flex backup @ LT and RT.

7) DT Zach Kerr Delaware - 6'3" 334 NT with hustle and can play every position on the line. He's too valuable to pass up, and will make the roster for that reason. You don't see nose tackles running 20+ yards downfield very often. Unique talent that shouldn't have been there.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:02 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

With only two weeks left until the draft, I thought I'd do a mock...

1. TEXANS: DE Jadeveon Clowney (South Carolina)
2. RAMS: OT Jake Matthews (Texas A&M)
3. JAGUARS: OLB Khalil Mack (Buffalo)
4. BROWNS: WR Sammy Watkins (Clemson)
5. RAIDERS: QB Blake Bortles (UCF)
6. FALCONS: OT Greg Robinson (Auburn)
7. BUCCANEERS: QB Johnny Manziel (Texas A&M)
8. VIKINGS: QB Derek Carr (Fresno State)

9. BILLS: TE Eric Ebron (North Carolina)
10. LIONS: WR Mike Evans (Texas A&M)
11. TITANS: OLB Anthony Barr (UCLA)
12. GIANTS: OT Taylor Lewan (Michigan)
13. RAMS: CB Justin Gilbert (Oklahoma State)
14. BEARS: DT Aaron Donald (Pittsburgh)
15. STEELERS: S HaHa Clinton-Dix (Alabama)
16. COWBOYS: DE Kony Ealy (Missouri)

17. RAVENS: MLB C.J. Mosley (Alabama)
18. JETS: WR Marquis Lee (USC)
19. DOLPHINS: OT Zack Martin (Notre Dame)
20. CARDINALS: QB Teddy Bridgewater (Louisville)
21. PACKERS: NT Louis Nix (Notre Dame)
22. EAGLES: WR Brandin Cooks (Oregon State)
23. CHIEFS: S Calvin Pryor (Louisville)
24. BENGALS: OLB Ryan Shazier (Ohio State)

25. CHARGERS: CB Darqueze Dennard (Michigan State)
26. BROWNS: QB Jimmy Garoppolo (Eastern Illinois)
27. SAINTS: OLB Dee Ford (Auburn)
28. PANTHERS: WR Kelvin Benjamin (Florida State)
29. PATRIOTS: TE Jace Amaro (Texas Tech)
30. 49ERS: DT/DE Ra'Shede Hageman (Arizona State)
31. BRONCOS: CB Bradley Roby (Ohio State)
32. SEAHAWKS: OG Xavier Su'a-Filo (UCLA)
Old 04-23-2014, 05:53 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oka so this just popped into my head as I was brainstorming different potential trades we could see int he first round. Now the Dolphins and Raiders flipped 12 & 3 last year so that the Phins could snag Dion Jordan, and all they had to give up was their second rounder. I was wondering if the Titans & Rams could pull off something similar. Now I know the lack of a 3rd rounder makes it tougher but I just figured I'd pop in and see what you guys thought.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:23 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh. I'm not sure that I'm for trading up this year. I'm all for possibly trading down, though.

The new schedule is out. Can't say I'm optimistic at this point.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:37 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Agreed. Highly unlikely we would ever trade up, we are trying to build for the future. I guess if there's a QB we just love, but otherwise I just don't see it happening.

As for the schedule, I'm really not too worried. The Chiefs, Cowboys, Bengals have all gotten worse over the offseason IMO.

I'm seeing 9-7 to 11-5 as of right now
Old 04-25-2014, 06:56 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm feeling another 6-8 win season coming. Classic Titans.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:05 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Sounds about right lol

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:36 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Thoughts on trading for Mike Glennon if he's available? He played pretty well for being a rookie except for taking a few too many sacks.

If the Bucs are willing to deal, I wouldn't mind giving up a 4th for him. We have his QB coach from last season as our QB coach now, so it seems like a fit.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Yep, I see about a 6 win roster when I look at the team, that MAYBE could overachieve their way to another couple wins. And the only way that's changing is if Locker finally shows he was worth his draft slot, or if we make a dramatic change at the QB position, and even then you probably can't expect a drafted QB to lead a team to many more wins than that right off the bat.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:15 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Yep, I see about a 6 win roster when I look at the team, that MAYBE could overachieve their way to another couple wins. And the only way that's changing is if Locker finally shows he was worth his draft slot, or if we make a dramatic change at the QB position, and even then you probably can't expect a drafted QB to lead a team to many more wins than that right off the bat.
Our roster is too talented to only win 6 games. If that's the case, it's got to fall on the coaches not doing a good job, and I don't think with our amazing staff that will happen.

Locker played very well to start the season (until he got injured) and I think he'll play well this season.

While I see a lot of decent teams on our schedule, I see more with a lot of question marks.

Unless we have a horrible draft, we should win at least 8 games