Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 08-27-2013, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Yeah that sideline throw was just perfect (deep one to I think Washington)
It was Washington and I'm going to say there aren't a lot of guys that can make that throw.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:55 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Too bad, I thought he had a lot of potential coming out
Me too. I guess he can still make the PS.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:44 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
It was Washington and I'm going to say there aren't a lot of guys that can make that throw.
I will say that it could have been a slightly better throw, just because if he had lead Washington it may have been a touchdown, but either way it was still a fantastic throw.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I will say that it could have been a slightly better throw, just because if he had lead Washington it may have been a touchdown, but either way it was still a fantastic throw.
I've seen it a couple of times and it looked like a deep sideline route, either way Jake was effortless with his throws. Having watched him since HS i will say i thought he looked as comfortable out there as he has in some time.

It's preseason so not to get too excited i guess but i see the offense as a whole coming together. I'll certainly differ to Tits fans as to what they have going there but i think they may surprise a lot of people this year.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I've seen it a couple of times and it looked like a deep sideline route, either way Jake was effortless with his throws. Having watched him since HS i will say i thought he looked as comfortable out there as he has in some time.

It's preseason so not to get too excited i guess but i see the offense as a whole coming together. I'll certainly differ to Tits fans as to what they have going there but i think they may surprise a lot of people this year.
I agree, I think we can surprise and I think it relies more heavily on how our defense plays than Jake Locker. Locker doesn't need to light it up as long as he doesn't make a ton of mistakes and take a ton of sacks.

With that said, I saw a lot of things in preseason from the offensive coordinator I liked which in turn helped Jake. First off is the running game, we could have ran a little better last year if the run plays were called a little more often and the playcalling was better. In addition, I'm seeing a lot of simple reads for Jake which is great. I'm seeing a lot of 1 or 2 deep routes and then an underneath route to dump it off.

I've said this before and I'll say it once more, Chris Palmer was an idiot. He acted like we had Aaron Rodgers back there, lining him up in shotgun all the time and giving him 5 route combinations to throw from. Jake Locker isn't Aaron Rodgers, and probably never will be, but that's not saying he can't be a good NFL QB.

I'm really excited Loggains is running a proper offense for a young QB. We've seen all these young QBs be successful running offenses that make it easier on them (Cam, Kaep, Rg3).

Jake still has an NFL arm, heck he's just as good if not better as a thrower than Kaepernick, but Kaepernick was consistently given simple easy throws that made him look better than he was. Jake was given throws that may 5 Qbs in the NFL could make, sometimes he'd complete them, sometimes he wouldn't.

Needless to say, although he's a bit of an unknown, I'm very excited to see what Dowell Loggains can do as OC.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

^

I think they can still open up the playbook with Jake and he'll be fine. He probably isn't going to be throwing the ball 30-40 times a game but that should be because the running game is thriving. If they can get defenses loading up on the run it should result in a lot of one on one coverage down the field where they can take advantage.

I've been tough on Kenny Britt but his play is going to be a huge factor this year. Get him going and have Wright back healthy and it should be fun.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I agree, Britt will be a big factor, but it seems Locker has favored Wright and Washington as his favorites all along.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Loggains said Wright might be the best player on the entire team. After all the glowing camp reports that I read, I'm thinking it may not be that huge of a stretch.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:30 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking 6-10 this year for the team. I know you people don't like my negative outlook but you can never be disappointed if you have low expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Playoffs or bust for Bridgewater!

And David Shaw for coach!

But go 2013 Titans!
Old 08-30-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I think 9-7 is a completely reasonable expectation.

And David Shaw would be about 10th on my list if Munch weren't back Cash
Old 08-30-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Mike Zimmer as coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where will Justin Hunter end up on the depth chart come Week 1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

About 5 or 6 probably.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And David Shaw would be about 10th on my list if Munch weren't back Cash
I don't know why. He's a great coach that will be in the league soon enough I think.

And I love Stanford's style of play.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I'm just not a big fan of him, I think he primarily inherited a program, if he has another good season he'd definitely move up the list though.

I'm not sure if he's even interested in the pro game, a lot of them aren't and it's hard for us to know as fans if they are or not.

Two guys very high on my list would be Gary Patterson and Bret Beilema from the college game. I prefer to grab young assistants already in the pro game like Kyle Shanahan, Greg Roman, Darrell Bevell, Jay Gruden.

I also believe Josh McDaniels can be a good NFL head coach, but he would need the right GM in place and should not be given too much power, I just don't know if I'd want us to be the one to take the chance on him.

But hey, I like Munch and hope this works out to where we keep him because he earned it.

I hope we don't just go back with former oilers/titan guys and promote Gray, Williams, or get Gilbride or Jim Schwartz. Unless of course that former Oiler is Nick Saban...

I also like Bob Stoops, but am unsure if he has a desire to coach in the NFL
Old 08-31-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Lots of interesting moves today.

Tim Shaw, Jack Doyle, Khalid Wooten, Scott Solomon, Rusty Smith, Collin Mooney all cut.

Marc Mariani put on injured reserve.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Last cut........

Fernando Velasco. Mildly surprising.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:14 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Last cut........

Fernando Velasco. Mildly surprising.
I am mildly as well, I knew that the coaches weren't all that thrilled with him despite what fans though. But he did play relatively well last season, I knew he had fallen below Turner and Schwenke at Center and I know we thought about not even putting a tender on him.

Still, there's a lot of teams weak at Guard and Center, and I would have thought there would have been some value in a trade
Old 09-01-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Lots of interesting moves today.

Tim Shaw, Jack Doyle, Khalid Wooten, Scott Solomon, Rusty Smith, Collin Mooney all cut.

Marc Mariani put on injured reserve.
I wouldn't be surprised if Doyle, Wooten, Mooney, and Solomon all coming back on the PS, if they aren't claimed by other teams off waivers. I could also see Rusty returning -- though I'm not sure if he's even PS eligible at this point in his career.

The Mariani moves seems like the team was doing him a favor. He was likely to be cut; and, rather than dropping him, he'll have the chance to collect a year's paycheck and rehab with the team.

The most surprising cuts to me are Shaw and Velasco. I've always thought that Shaw was better at ST and LB than Bailey; and considering our relative lack of LB-depth, I thought he was a near-lock to make the team. He'll very likely get picked up elsewhere. Velasco was arguably our most consistently good OL last season (which may not be saying much). I know that he didn't play as well during this offseason and preseason; however, he's got a lot of versatility and can play 3-4 OL spots. With the plethora of injuries that we had last season on the OL, I would've thought that we'd value having a good backup OL that we could plug into multiple spots in the event of injury. To me, he's a better player at this point than Spencer, who didn't stand out to me in any way this preseason. I wouldn't be surprised to see Velasco as a starter for some other team at some point this season.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Practice squad moves coming in - so far the expected ones are Stefan Charles, Khalid Wooten, Rashad Ross, Collin Mooney, Jonathan Willard.

Solomon claimed by the Jets.
Doyle claimed by the Colts.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/201...quad-additions

Apparently, we've already started adding folks to the PS:
1. RB/FB Collin Mooney
2. WR Rashad Ross
3. DT Stefan Charles
4. LB Tig Willard
5. CB Khalid Wooten

We've still got room for three more players on the PS...
Old 09-01-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Practice squad moves coming in - so far the expected ones are Stefan Charles, Khalid Wooten, Rashad Ross, Collin Mooney, Jonathan Willard.

Solomon claimed by the Jets.
Doyle claimed by the Colts.
I don't think Solomon is a big loss -- although it stinks that we essentially used two picks for a guy who is now playing for another team after only one season.

I'm a little disappointed that we couldn't sneak Doyle onto the PS, but I had a feeling that someone might pick him up after a solid offseason. But good for Doyle. He'll get every opportunity to be the 3rd TE in Indy behind Allen and Fleener rather than the 4th TE on the Titans.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Doyle has a chance to be an ok player, kinda sucks that the Colts of all teams nabbed him, but he would never make it here over the 3 other TEs, barring a major injury. Would've been nice to sneak him onto the PS, but oh well. Not a big deal really.

Solomon was a waste of a draft pick, although he may be better suited as a 34 OLB, but I doubt he ever amounts to anything more than a bubble roster player.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Wyatt just tweeted that Rusty is expected to land on the practice squad as well.