Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-04-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Favorite Comedians

1. Dennis Leary - Classic. He's from my city, Worcester, MA, and I have been a big fan of his ever since I can remember. I love his harsh, sarcastic tone and mocking sense of humor. He's a typical Masshole prick and I love it. "No Cure For Cancer" was a huge album as far as comedy is concerned.

2. Dane Cook - I know there are a lot of haters out there because of all the popularity he has gained, but at least he did it the right way. His newer stuff is getting a little redundant, but I've been a fan of this guy ever since he was hawking bootleg copies of his routines at shows. My friend caught him one night when he was doing just a regular, opening act type show at Faneuil Hall in Boston and brought his CD into our radio station the next day and we were hooked.

3. Lisa Lampenelli - The Queen Of Mean. I first saw her one the Pam Anderson roast and have been hooked ever since. This lady is a f'ing RIOT! I have very quickly been trying to pick up everything she's been a part of, and she is the ONLY reason I bought the William Shatner roast, haha.

4. Ron White - He's the best of the Blue Collar guys. I think Bill Engvall is pretty good too, but I like Ron White more because, surprise surprise, he's got that cocky, sarcastic way to him. Since I mentioned Engvall, his new DVD "15 Degrees Off Cool" is really, really funny, just came out last week.

5. Louis CK - Again, he has that sarcastic, Masshole vibe that I love and obviously relate to. His show he had on HBO Lucky Louie was pretty cool, it's too bad it got canned. Definitely under-appreciated.

Well, that's probably my top five, I am a big fan of comedy, so who else is out there that I should check out. I guess Sacha Baron Cohen would count, and he'd definitely be #2 in my book, but I guess he is more of an actor. Anyway, that's my list.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mitch Hedberg is easily my favorite.. Other favorites are Richard Pryor and Dave Chappelle... and for what it's worth..probably nothing.. I find Lisa Lampenelli to be very annoying.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
bigrick0016

Bill Hicks is the best, if you don't agree.........your wrong
Old 04-04-2007, 10:53 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

George Carlin, followed closely by Dennis Leary. I've read all of Carlin's books. Very good stuff.
Oh, and Bill Hicks. Actually, I would probably put Hicks ahead of Leary.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Dane Cook DEAD.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow..I don't like a single person you named.

I agree with all of WMD's and would add Chris Rock and Lewis Black

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patrick Schroeder and Mitch Hedberg.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Katt Williams - Brilliant!
Dave Chappelle - RIDICULOUS!
Bill Cosby - Vintage Bill Cosby

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:57 PM    (permalink
bigrick0016

as for others

Carlin and Prior are classic. (though anybody arer age saying they've seen tons of Pryor stand up is lying. I'm going mostly by movies, and a little stand up)

Rodney Dangerfield (again, mostly his film work)
Louis CK is great (Louis CK is also great when Dane Cook is performing his jokes)
Russell Peters
Jim Norton
Lewis Black
Jim Gaffigan
Brian Regan
Old 04-04-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also forgot, Zach Galifianakis... and Demetri Martin is also good.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Regean

Last edited by Damix : 04-04-2007 at 11:39 PM.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

demetri martin
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Demetri Martin is nice!
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i also forgot im seeing stephen lynch next friday, hes soo good
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I can understand why people don't like Lisa Lampenelli and Dane Cook. I mean, I obviously disagree, but I can understand that their shtick may not be up everyone's alley.

Mitch Hedburg was an acquired taste for me. I remember my friend playing his "Mitch All Together" CD for me for the first time and my first response was "Wow, now I know why he killed himself." But it grew on me, and I regret the comment. I was at a comedy club in Jacksonville about two or three days after he died and they had ads for his upcoming show on all the tables with a big "canceled" across it. That was definitely sad to see knowing why...
Old 04-04-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
bigrick0016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I can understand why people don't like Lisa Lampenelli and Dane Cook.
what act does Dane have? His act is Louis CK's jokes performed by a cocaine addict.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:07 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Dane Cook, too me tries to hard. And his antics on stage are as annoying if not more annoying than Carrot Top's Props. I saw some video of some guy making a mockery of Dane Cook, was pretty funny. Had some spoof where he goes off and says:

"everyone has that friends that carrys around and ladder, you know he jsut carriesit around *pretends to be dude carrying arounda ladder, making elephatesque type strides* and people always asking why do you have a ladder. *Pretends to climb on it* Well it doesnt matter why, its jsut the fact im taller than you right now as we speak."

some corny crap like that.

He has his funny moments, listening to him. But watching and listening reminds me of and ex gf comming up to me everyday getting bent over by a high school janitor saying to me at the same time "seee what your missing out on", "look at what you could be doing right now".
Quote:
Old 04-04-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

http://www.devilducky.com/media/59732/

Check that out.
Quote:
Old 04-04-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't hate Dane Cook as much as I hate his fans. I never really liked him though.
But I do think it's stupid that this "OMG DANE COOK IS SO MANINSTREAM SELLOUT" movement started, and peoples opinions of him changed. Stupid hipsters.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
bigrick0016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I don't hate Dane Cook as much as I hate his fans. I never really liked him though.
But I do think it's stupid that this "OMG DANE COOK IS SO MANINSTREAM SELLOUT" movement started, and peoples opinions of him changed. Stupid hipsters.
I stopped liking him because he steals jokes, not because he's successful
Old 04-04-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steven Byrne.

Also to whomever said that you cannot watch/ hear Pryor stand up you are dead, dead wrong. You can go see Live & Smokin', he's got one from 71 live in concert, and also live on sunset strip, and ...Here and Now. So you are just full of it if you say young people could not see his stand up. It's called effor when you see something you like you try to get the most you can.
dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrick0016 View Post
what act does Dane have? His act is Louis CK's jokes performed by a cocaine addict.
I've heard what you are referencing, and I think it was borderline at best that he was ripping Louis CK. Look, I am a fan of both, so it sucks to even see the possibility of one ripping the other, but the two are polar opposites otherwise.

Dane's "act" that I am referring to is exactly what bored of education said, he's high energy, all over the place, and some people get annoyed by it. But I like Dane. His jokes seem to get longer as he's progressed, but I think he's great.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
bigrick0016

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Steven Byrne.

Also to whomever said that you cannot watch/ hear Pryor stand up you are dead, dead wrong. You can go see Live & Smokin', he's got one from 71 live in concert, and also live on sunset strip, and ...Here and Now. So you are just full of it if you say young people could not see his stand up. It's called effor when you see something you like you try to get the most you can.
Do you think the 15 year old kids on this board display the effort to go get old Pryor. Don't ******* disrespect me again.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

He takes for ever to make a joke develop..to much filler and unneeded material that throws off the audiences focus where its like hi im dane cook..heres the punchline LAUGH HERE
Quote:
Old 04-04-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
bigrick0016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I've heard what you are referencing, and I think it was borderline at best that he was ripping Louis CK. Look, I am a fan of both, so it sucks to even see the possibility of one ripping the other, but the two are polar opposites otherwise.

Dane's "act" that I am referring to is exactly what bored of education said, he's high energy, all over the place, and some people get annoyed by it. But I like Dane. His jokes seem to get longer as he's progressed, but I think he's great.
The "itchy asshole" joke is borderline?