Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 04-04-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Oakland A's discussion

Bobby Crosby is the worst starting shortstop in the league! I hate him, he makes A Rod look lke a gold glover. His two huge errors blew the last two games for us. Then last night he got up with a chance to atone for his errors and he flied out. Sorry, needed to vent a little. At least were cleaning up tonite.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

did the A's get anyone good in the offseason?im not much of a baseball fan so I dont know.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

mike piazza, who was already one of my favorite players.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya, I like the Piazza signing alot. We also brought in Shannon Stewart, a solid outfielder that still has some pop. I just can't understand why Marco Scutaro isn't starting over the abomination that we know as Bobby Crosby.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:55 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a Dodger fan, but if I had to choose a 2nd team...it would probably be the A's, because they're on of the Angels rivals(who I hate) and the white shoes.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:01 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

go giants!

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:07 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

Well they can be your American League Team. Our players are unselfish, blue collar, hard-partying athletes - No 'me-first' superstars. So, being a Dodger fan, you will obviously not be accustomed to this kind of atmosphere :)
Old 04-05-2007, 02:29 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It should be interesting how prospect Cliff Pennington does this year with Crosby struggling so hard. It could be time for a position change for Crosby.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Romyrick
Rookie

Romyrick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
Well they can be your American League Team. Our players are unselfish, blue collar, hard-partying athletes - No 'me-first' superstars. So, being a Dodger fan, you will obviously not be accustomed to this kind of atmosphere :)

Who cares about any of this crap
Romyrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romyrick View Post
Who cares about any of this crap
Piss off then.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Romyrick
Rookie

Quote:
Piss off then.

How does that affect how they play?
Old 04-06-2007, 01:30 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

Quote:
How does that affect how they play?
I never said anything about that affecting how they play, although a tightly knit unit that cares about each other will always fare better than an allstar lineup with a me first attitude and no team chemistry. Our guys have been together for awhile, and the team is the number one priority.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:13 AM    (permalink
Romyrick
Rookie

I'd rather they all be selfish super inflated ego's trying to make themselves better.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
It should be interesting how prospect Cliff Pennington does this year with Crosby struggling so hard. It could be time for a position change for Crosby.
LMAO!! This is some of the craziest stuff I have ever heard. Several people bashing Crosby after 4 games???? Crosby is a rising star in this league and the only thing that has held him back are injuries because if anything he plays too hard. If any of you haven't noticed the A's usually struggle when he is not in the lineup. He will not be replaced unless he gets hurt.

BTW, did you guys love that Piazza HR off K-Rod the other night as much as I did? That guy is clutch. Frank who?
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
LMAO!! This is some of the craziest stuff I have ever heard. Several people bashing Crosby after 4 games???? Crosby is a rising star in this league and the only thing that has held him back are injuries because if anything he plays too hard. If any of you haven't noticed the A's usually struggle when he is not in the lineup. He will not be replaced unless he gets hurt.
Fact remains that he is questionable defensively and can't stay healthy to save his life. He has a hitting future, but it might be at DH so he will stop getting injured in the field.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:52 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post

BTW, did you guys love that Piazza HR off K-Rod the other night as much as I did? That guy is clutch. Frank who?
Rising star? He's been a supposed 'rising star' for years. His back is in worse shape than Tracy Mcgrady's and he's a huge liability at shortstop. The A's sure weren't struggling last year when he was on the DL, Scutaro came through in a big way down the stretch. For a team that relys on pitching and solid defense to get the job done, Crosby is more risk than reward. our first two losses were direct results of routine plays that Crosby should of made but couldn't. His noodle arm can't even make the through from short to first.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We must be seeing different things because I always saw Crosby as a pretty good defender with a strong arm and I feel that he and Ellis are one of the better middle infield tandems in the league. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

His arm is fine, but his defense has been inconsistent. He was very nice on defense his rookie year, but his stats have been steadily declining since then. I'd love to see him turn it around, but I'm not counting on it.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:57 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

Crosby already has two throwing errors this young season.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Romyrick
Rookie

Quote:
Crosby already has two throwing errors this young season.
Obviously he's a victim of small sample size.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

NotoRussell hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

can somebody explaine me why you like baseball, because everytime i watched it i nearly fell asleep.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Romyrick
Rookie

It's like chess, it's the only game that is statistically complete. The boxscores tell you the entire story.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Star Wideout
Veteran

Star Wideout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Great pitching performance by Haren wasted at the plate. Man we're going to suck this year.

We're just relying on too many injury prone players Kotsay already is missing 1-2 months with a back injury, Crosby has been having back concerns. Piazza isn't going to be Big Frank. I like the bullpen, but we only have one dominating guy in the rotation, Harden and he alone can't win us the AL West.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

Quote:
Obviously he's a victim of small sample size.
Hey man, i hope he turns it around, there's a lot more baseball to be played.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wideout View Post
Great pitching performance by Haren wasted at the plate. Man we're going to suck this year.

We're just relying on too many injury prone players Kotsay already is missing 1-2 months with a back injury, Crosby has been having back concerns. Piazza isn't going to be Big Frank. I like the bullpen, but we only have one dominating guy in the rotation, Harden and he alone can't win us the AL West.
The A's are traditionally slow starters, there's nothing to be worried about right now. Harden barely even pitched last year and we won the West, what are you talking about? Our bullpen is solid and we have a top young closer. Piazza is a more reliable player than Big Hurt at this point in his career - he won't get injured running to first base. This is also his first time he'll be strictly DH'ing so you know he'll be fresh