Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-26-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bought last year's madden, played it twice, and then sold it back to game stop. It was terrible. They added a lot of stuff back from the pre-"exclusive rights" deal that I liked to this madden...owner mode is back which excites me, but If I buy this, it is going to be when it goes on sale around black friday. Who knows..I might buy the PS4 and this game together :)

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Not going to bother, personally. Sounds like a carbon copy of the previous year with some minor game play enhancements.
If I were in your shoes, I would probably do the same. But I haven't played anything since Madden 11.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:07 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
If I were in your shoes, I would probably do the same. But I haven't played anything since Madden 11.
Well I haven't bought one since Madden 10. I have played others with friends, but beyond that I just haven't had the desire. They just don't care anymore.

If they actually took the time to add features, make the game more realistic, etc, I would be interested.

Why the hell can't we have legitimate online coop with online franchise? Why can't we have a Super Star mode that lets you play with your friends? I can play QB, my buddy could be a WR, another friend could be a HB.

Why haven't they improved the AI since the first next-gen Madden? Every year something sucks. DBs can't read a play, DEs can't beat a tackle, or OTs can't block a DE. The majority of blitzes are often worthless. Certain routes can be easily abused. QBs can throw easily on the run with pin point accuracy. You could run the same play over and over again and still the AI won't be able to stop it.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:08 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched the IGN review out of curiosity. I've never been a Madden fan, but I want to vent.

So the reviewer mentioned that the game is loaded with ads. similar to an NFL broadcast. So basically there will be people paying full price for a rehashed game that is a marketing tool for the NFL and is also financially backed by corporate sponsors. That's called being a mark...
Old 08-28-2013, 10:57 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is playing this?

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
NFL 2K5 is nearly ten years old and the gameplay still trounces the yearly edition of Madden. Yeah, let's get this argument started.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
And this is why EA signed exclusive rights with the NFL. We are all very aware of that and very pissed.
I think I miss the customizable stadium music at the introduction and on specific plays the most. I honestly haven't really got into football vid game since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:24 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can you imagine customizable music now with your own playlists on the PS3 and 360? I could have the Titans enter to Hey Man Nice Shot and everything. **** you EA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:31 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can you imagine customizable music now with your own playlists on the PS3 and 360? I could have the Titans enter to Hey Man Nice Shot and everything. **** you EA.
I would have the Bengals enter into the stadium to Raining Blood -Slayer. It would get me pumped up to play every time. Hopefully it would rain at the beginning of every game.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:43 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
I would have the Bengals enter into the stadium to Raining Blood -Slayer. It would get me pumped up to play every time. Hopefully it would rain at the beginning of every game.
I'd have the Vikings enter to Purple Haze for obvious reasons.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:46 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Just watched the IGN review out of curiosity. I've never been a Madden fan, but I want to vent.

So the reviewer mentioned that the game is loaded with ads. similar to an NFL broadcast. So basically there will be people paying full price for a rehashed game that is a marketing tool for the NFL and is also financially backed by corporate sponsors. That's called being a mark...
Yeah Madden games are bull**** and have been for years now.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NCAA football is still a blast I'm not sure why they went a different direction with Madden.

Haven't enjoyed playing Madden in a loooong time. This year is no exception.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd have the Vikings enter to Purple Haze for obvious reasons.
I actually had a sound effects CD that I used for some of the specific plays along with my music. I also took audio clips from movies & TV with one of my systems. Train chugging on first downs/kickoffs, industrial alarms on sacks, gladiator soundtrack on tackles for loss, ..etc. It was epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone who is actually playing this on ps3, does it freeze on you? I can't even finish a fantasy draft without it totally locking up. I'm about to return it & put the $ towards gta.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Anyone who is actually playing this on ps3, does it freeze on you? I can't even finish a fantasy draft without it totally locking up. I'm about to return it & put the $ towards gta.
I rented it on PS3 and so far it hasn't froze on me. That said I only played a couple games.

I'm either having the worst luck ever or players get hurt alot on this game. I might have to tweak the settings if it keeps up.

Last edited by Splat : 08-30-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bought it for $99 on Amazon and it came in 2 days ago!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
I actually had a sound effects CD that I used for some of the specific plays along with my music. I also took audio clips from movies & TV with one of my systems. Train chugging on first downs/kickoffs, industrial alarms on sacks, gladiator soundtrack on tackles for loss, ..etc. It was epic.
That is phenomenal. I assume that's only on the X-Box version, because I doubt I could the same on the PS2.

Quote:
Old 08-30-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Bought it for $99 on Amazon and it came in 2 days ago!
you just bought it for the sunday ticket.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bought the Sunday Ticket bundle too.

I'm a little sketched out...

How exactly does it work? Can I watch multiple games at once? Can I use it on multiple devices? For example, can I use it on my laptop but then on another laptop at another time?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this game is a major improvement over last years version. I've enjoyed it so far.

I was playing this at a friends last night. We did a fantasy draft, played eachother in the season and then simulated....end of the year stats were different from years past.

Eli led the league with 26 TD passes. There were four RBs that had over 2,000 yards rushing. He went 11-5 with a qb that has 17 TDs and 24 picks. But had a 2,000 yard rusher. I went 6-10 with a qb that has 21 tds and 15 picks...but my rb only had 1,200 yards rushing.

Willis had like 197 tackles.

Last edited by holt_bruce81 : 08-30-2013 at 05:50 PM.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
you just bought it for the sunday ticket.
I just looked this up and I think I might buy the game just for that. I don't even have a PS3 or Xbox, but I want Sunday ticket and don't want to pay for Directv. I figure buy it and then trade it into Best Buy for $22. Then I get Sunday ticket for about $80, which isn't terrible.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait so if I buy this, I get Sunday ticket on my computer for $99? Is that not the best deal ever? What am I missing?
Old 08-30-2013, 11:48 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
Wait so if I buy this, I get Sunday ticket on my computer for $99? Is that not the best deal ever? What am I missing?
That's my thinking... I just have to convince my wife.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, Phil Simms is kinda of a dick.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

When I had MLB.tv, l could get home at any point during the game wnd choose to start watching live or from the 1st inning and then skip through breaks like DVR. With the online version of Sunday Ticket, do I only get the live games or does it archive like DVR?

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its archive like DVR, i'm like 90% sure.