Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 09-20-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
One of the lone brightspots with Ballard going down was I thought we would stop forcing the run. They need to just let Luck throw the ball. We have a great recieving core. Ty Hilton needs to keep getting touches. Balance would be 70 pass 30 run. Hell we are 5th in the league in rushing right now without Richardson!
I think that is part of the reason the team want to move away from that sort of mentality. There are too many times where Andrew Luck forced the issue. And sometimes it works and sometimes it didn't. Let's remember he threw the ball over 100 times more last season than Peyton Manning did in his rookie season. In fact Luck threw the ball nearly 50 times more last season than Peyton Manning did last season.

The key is to take the pressure (both physically and mentally) of Andrew Luck. Allow him to read the D and take what the D gives him. Make them regret putting 8 men in the box to stop the run but also make them regret going to a nickle package. The more and more vanilla the D gets (to check both run and pass) the less pressure it puts on Luck, the less he has to force it and he can grow to dominate it.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus2602 View Post
I think that is part of the reason the team want to move away from that sort of mentality. There are too many times where Andrew Luck forced the issue. And sometimes it works and sometimes it didn't. Let's remember he threw the ball over 100 times more last season than Peyton Manning did in his rookie season. In fact Luck threw the ball nearly 50 times more last season than Peyton Manning did last season.

The key is to take the pressure (both physically and mentally) of Andrew Luck. Allow him to read the D and take what the D gives him. Make them regret putting 8 men in the box to stop the run but also make them regret going to a nickle package. The more and more vanilla the D gets (to check both run and pass) the less pressure it puts on Luck, the less he has to force it and he can grow to dominate it.
Andrew Luck is 24th in attempts right now. He has attempted 66 passes to 52 runs. We have to many play makers to be running the ball this much already.

EDIT: Read an article over at grantland that said "Luck was hit 83 times per Football Outsiders, with second-place Aaron Rodgers closer to the 17th-place quarterback in hits than he was to Luck. The scary thing is that Luck has been hit even more frequently this year: Through two games, Luck has been knocked down 14 times. That puts him on pace for 112 knockdowns."

PredictionMachine.com simulated the 2013 season 50,000 times and earmarked the "improved" Colts for 6.5 wins. That has the makings of a top 10 pick that could improve our line. I'm more worried about Luck getting knocked around than throwing his arm out.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Last edited by Bob Sanders Dreadlock : 09-20-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:55 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Andrew Luck is 24th in attempts right now. He has attempted 66 passes to 52 runs. We have to many play makers to be running the ball this much already.

EDIT: Read an article over at grantland that said "Luck was hit 83 times per Football Outsiders, with second-place Aaron Rodgers closer to the 17th-place quarterback in hits than he was to Luck. The scary thing is that Luck has been hit even more frequently this year: Through two games, Luck has been knocked down 14 times. That puts him on pace for 112 knockdowns."

PredictionMachine.com simulated the 2013 season 50,000 times and earmarked the "improved" Colts for 6.5 wins. That has the makings of a top 10 pick that could improve our line. I'm more worried about Luck getting knocked around than throwing his arm out.
The reason he is getting hit so often is not just the the poor play of the offensive line. It is that the teams he is playing are going into blanket coverage and it is taking longer for one of his players to get open.

On those plays where Luck gets rid of the ball within 2.5 seconds he hasn't been sacked and has a QB Rating of 126.1. On those plays that take longer than 2.5 seconds he has posted a QB Rating of 47.8. He needs to soften the coverage, get quick reads, quick throws.

If a team comes out in blanket coverage he needs to audible to a run play and keep doing that until they stop playing blanket coverage. That limits his hits, improves his plays.

Also, as per predictionmachine.com, the Colts would have had 5.5 wins last season. We had 11. That isn't an exact science. They also predicted that the Eagles would have been the best team in the league last season.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Last edited by Seamus2602 : 09-21-2013 at 05:59 AM.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:56 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't see the W coming so easily today. A complete thrashing of the 49ers. Our revamped o-line actually blocked decently and Bradshaw is the best FA move we made so far.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:25 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A very pleasant surprise.

O-Line and D had their best game. McGlynn actually looked like a NFL player at OC. We were able to put pressure on QB.

Jerrell Freeman has been the MVP of our D through the first 3 games.

Last edited by MaxV : 09-23-2013 at 08:33 AM.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a great and unexpected win. A few thoughts:

- I've been very critical of Mike McGlynn, as have many others, but he looked decent at center. Was Satele hurt or just benched? I have not seen any injury news for him. When McGlynn has filled in at center before I thought he looked a little better, but against the 9ers front 7 he actually looked capable. Better at calling the protection adjustments and more active and more effective blocking
than Satele. Maybe a position change is what he needs? I'm not sold on anybody at RG though. Link was solid but I don't trust him.

- DHB had some good plays and helped keep some drives alive. I think some people were just waiting for any mistake like in the Miami game to call him drop-prone and a bad signing. He had a good game and I'm glad we have him over Avery.

- Castonzo had a great game on the left side. Really the whole OL played better than any Colts OL has in a long time. But Castonzo looked healthy and was giving Aldon Smith all he could handle.

- I loved watching the team run, but I would like to see the pass game featured a bit more. You can't argue with the result but I could do without the screens on 3rd and long.

- Luck was effective but under very controlled circumstances. I think he is capable of more than he was allowed to do in this game. Again, it's hard to argue with the result but with the 9er's secondary I think some opportunities downfield that might've been missed. With a win like this it's a small gripe. It's clear the team is working on their toughness right now and I expect more shots downfield later this year.

- Defense was very fun to watch. Good pressure on Kaepernick from multiple positions and players, very good coverage on Boldin and a bunch of nobodies. Some problems with Gore early on, I have no idea why the 9ers went away from him. So while I am excited by their performance I am tempering it with the knowledge that the 9ers gameplan played into our D's hands nicely. Still, credit Manusky and his guys. They contained Kaepernick, pressured him, and covered the receivers. Redding, Moala, Freeman, Mathis, Werner, Walden, and the entire secondary all made noticeable plays. Really liked Delano Howell at safety, he may be Bethea's replacement next year. I thought we would miss Landry a lot more than we did. And if they'd kept running Gore I think we still would have.

- Special teams were awesome! Three punts behind the 20, and I think all of them were well behind it. Great coverage on returns. Not a lot going on for our own returners but no mistakes and few opportunities.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freeman has become one of our most consistent defenders. Chapman did well holding down his spot when on the field. I still think Walden is a waste of space. He doesn't hold down the edge well, is lousy in pass coverage when asked and is a marginal pass rushing threat.

For the upcoming game Coach Pags inserted mouse traps in most of the lockers of players. Lest we forget the Jaguars have beaten the Colts 3 of the last 4 games.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:36 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingColt View Post
the Jaguars have beaten the Colts 3 of the last 4 games.
Really? Those 3 wins have to be like 60% of the total Jags win over the last 2 years.

Regarding Sunday, I'm thinking is an aberration unless we can repeat a similar performance against the Seahawks. Justin Smith has regressed some if Castonzo can manage him 1-on-1. Aldon smith is going through what he's going through. Sopoaga is out, so Glenn Dorsey is a 3-4 NT. Let's not jump for joy at the OL after one game.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:32 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
Really? Those 3 wins have to be like 60% of the total Jags win over the last 2 years.

Regarding Sunday, I'm thinking is an aberration unless we can repeat a similar performance against the Seahawks. Justin Smith has regressed some if Castonzo can manage him 1-on-1. Aldon smith is going through what he's going through. Sopoaga is out, so Glenn Dorsey is a 3-4 NT. Let's not jump for joy at the OL after one game.
Plus Pagano apparently said Satele would be back at center if he was healthy.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-26-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post

Maurice Jones Drew always brings his best against us. We have so much trouble stopping him. Only faced him once last year but he rushed for 178 yards and a TD.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

fishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Richardson's coming out party this week with Bradshaw hurt. Jax currently has the worst run D in the league. I'm hoping for 150 and 2TD but 120 and 1TD are probably more realistic.

I love how physical we have become! I couldn't believe how we dominated the trenches against SF. I think we may finally bottle up MJD this week.
fishspinners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Defense was flawless. Offense still needs work. We need to stop running out of the I formation so much. When we go three wide single-back and spread the D there is yardage to be gained.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-30-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Secondary is looking really impressive lately. I hope they keep it up.

This might be the best DB unit we have had since the SB unit of Jackson/Hayden/Sanders/Bethea.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Secondary is looking really impressive lately. I hope they keep it up.

This might be the best DB unit we have had since the SB unit of Jackson/Hayden/Sanders/Bethea.
I'd agree with that.

Richardson might still be picking up the offense but he looks slow. 3.0 ypg wasn't all impressive though he did have a nice 2nd half yard run for 12. Still at a cost of a 1st rounder, he should be producing more in the upcoming games.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:37 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Werner is out 4 to 6 weeks with a torn plantar fascia. Whaley waived, Brazill is back, Havilli is hurt so Robert Hughes is back on the roster.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-01-2013, 01:47 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for posting that. That is really disappointing about Werner. This draft class is feeling less than stellar.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:16 AM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

Has anyone heard anything if Landry or Bradshaw will be playing vs the Hawks on Sunday? I think our chances of winning go up a lot with Bradshaw in the rotation with T-Rich and Don. For the sake of argument, let's remove 'Damnit' from Donald's name. He's taken on his role this year quite well so far.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Bradshaw may be put on IR with a neck injury. He definitely won't play. Not sure on Landry.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-03-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate it when people complain about injuries because it happens, but man we have been through the ringer.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:16 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

So, I have a pretty good outlook after the first quarter of the season. We will have faced San Fran and Seattle and likely come out on top of the South.

Houston isn't playing good football and they have a good chance of losing again this week to San Fran giving us a two game edge.

The Titans actually have played very well. I think that the Chiefs get the best of them this week though. Also, they lost Jake Locker for a while.

Jacksonville is Jacksonville.

It is wide open for us to take over the division. What do you guys think?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 10-04-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I think we have a very good chance of winning the division but it will depend on health and on how we do over the next 4 games. With games vs Seattle and Denver, and at SD and Houston, we will need to at least go 2-2 over that stretch IMO. If we can manage 3-1 we will be in great shape heading into the 2nd half of the season. We don't have an easy schedule then, but it is a little less daunting than @SF, @SD, @HOU, vs. SEA, and vs. DEN.

I am worried though about the overall health of the team. And I would like to see some more consistency out of Luck and his receivers, and Hamilton's playcalling. We traded a 1st for TRich, can we please let him run out of a formation other than power so he can get some yards and not get hurt running through 3+ tacklers per play?

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-06-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

What an awesome comeback win.

- Luck was at his best in the 4th quarter. He was making plays happen out of seemingly hopeless situation.
- Jerrell Freeman. Wow. Where did we find this guy?
- Robert Mathis is still the man.
- Cory Redding is still a big part of this D.
- Donald Brown is running well this season, maybe he has earned more carries in the future. Although his blocking is really mediocre.
- What a great week for me to bench TY Hilton on my fantasy team. I hope this is a the start of him being a big part of this offense. I feel like he has been under-utilized so far.
- Jeckyll and Hyde day for our Secondary. They made a bunch of mistakes and got burned, but also made some great plays at the end of the game when it was needed.
- Power-I. Jeez, when will Pep realizes that his play rarely works in NFL.
- T-Rich showed some things, but overall his vision and patience as a runner is kind of underwhelming.
- O-line got overwhelmed on running plays, but were solid in pass-blocking.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

Luck may never be stat boy in this offense but it produces Ws.

T-Rich is underwhelming thus far but did make some key runs in the 4th.

Wayne is Reggie making plays in the clutch.

We need to have a spy when we play vs scrambling QBs. Pryor and Wilson ate us alive on impromptu runs.

Agree with Max, Freeman played terrific today, the tackle on Wilson late in the 4th was vital.

Reed the KR may not be on the roster after Brazil comes back this week. He's got horrendous decision making.

Mathis might have sandbagged in the pre-season but he's turned on the gas over the past few weeks. 9.5 sacks leads the NFL.

For every average to decent play Walden makes he contributes 3-4 underwhelming ones. I think we need to upgrade this position next year with a draft pic to team with Werner.

Our run defense was less than stellar.

Watching this team win close games is far more satisfying to watch than at anytime during the Manning era. It's a whole team victory and we don't rely on the merits of one player so much. Assuming we will be the playoffs multiple times over the next 10 years this will serve us quite well in the future.

Head onto San Diego for a Monday night game. We're currently ahead of the curve I thought we'd be at right now. Gotta win on the west coast again before the Manning Bowl.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I was lucky enough to go with my dad to the game yesterday. Voice = gone, it was so loud in the 4th. As loud as the RCA Dome used to get.

What a fantastic game. The lows, like the punt getting blocked, the missed tackles, the way the Seahawks were mugging our receivers with no calls (**** you Ron Winters), all made the highs feel that much better.

- Max I am OVER the jumbo packages. They are at least 75% of the reason Richardson isn't getting any yardage. Did you notice when they spread the receivers out TRich started getting actual yards? If we see this, why do they keep taking Hilton out so we can have 6 linemen and an extra TE?

- Luck is not perfect and I think he will continue to improve, but his ball placement was just flawless at times. Those throws to TY, the across-the-body 2 point conversion, just some great throws. Great pocket presence again, he feels the rush well and stands tough to deliver the ball even when pressured. Speaking of which...

- Why in the HELL did they let Satele start again? Seriously, this hurts the team so much. Satele is possibly the 3rd worst center on the roster. McGlynn is clearly better than him. And McGlynn himself is terrible at RG. When he plays at center, it improves two positions. 40% OF THE OL IS BETTER WHEN MCGLYNN PLAYS CENTER AND SATELE SITS OUT. There is no defending this decision. It is stubbornness detrimental to the team and to Luck.

- Freeman had a good 4th quarter but struggled with everyone else containing Wilson and bringing down Lynch earlier on. (I hope TRich watches how Lynch ran, he can do the same thing if he gets better blocking and works on his decision-making and running style some.) Overall though he is a key part of this D and I am glad we have him.

- There is so much to highlight. TY Hilton being an amazing weapon, Wayne struggling early but coming through in the 4th, DHB's terrible performance, Cory Redding improving everybody around him, the great half-time adjustments/corrections... I've been to a number of Colts games though the years and this was one of the best. Can't wait to watch it again.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-07-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

A couple of the plays that I saw yesterday kind of define T-Rich imo.

One was where the play was run to the left with the O-Line pulling there and almost every Seahawk defender shifting into that direction. All Trent had to do was cut back to the right and he would have had 3 blockers against 2 defenders and plenty of room for a nice gain. Instead he just ran into a crowd for a 3-yard loss.

The other play was with Colts' OG (I believe it was Thornton) getting a good push on DT and opening a nice hole for Trent. All T-Rich had to do is wait just a split-second for Thornton to clear his path and he would have ran for a nice gain. Instead he just ran straight ahead and tripped himself for just a 1-yard gain.

Vision and patience.