Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013 NFL Divisional Weekend Discussion Thread

Saturday, January 11th

New Orleans Saints at Seattle Seahawks 4:35 PM EST

Indianapolis Colts at New England Patriots 8:15 PM EST

Sunday, January 12th

San Francisco 49ers at Carolina Panthers 1:05 PM EST

San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos 4:40 PM EST

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carolina is going to be a challenge. They went into our house and held their ground. This time we'll have Aldon Smith, Michael Crabtree, and Vernon Davis. Greg Roman needs to get his head out of his ass and utilize Gore better. Trust him in the redzone near the goal line and use him in the pass game. I've never heard of an offense where it's a staple NOT to use your halfback in the pass game.

I think the Patriots beat the Colts, but it won't be the blowout like it was last year in the regular season meeting. I want the Saints to win to keep the Candlestick dream alive, but I get the feeling Seattle still wins. I think the Chargers beat the Broncos.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:04 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woot can't wait until Next weekend! Was a good game against the pack now time for next team to go down ..

Gotta be routing for the saints this week.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:14 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want either the Seahwawks or Panthers to win it now. Or maybe the Broncos, I want Peyton to get another ring.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted either the Eagles or Packers because I expect the 49ers to beat us. Simply because I think the rematch will come down to coaching and making adjustments based off our first game, and I'll give Harbaugh that advantage until Rivera proves otherwise. That being said, if we can get Cam to have a big day whether on the ground or in the air we have a very good shot at winning.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 01-05-2014 at 11:51 PM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I wanted either the Eagles or Packers because expect the 49ers to beat us. Simply because I think the rematch will come down to coaching and making adjustments based off our first game, and I'll give Harbaugh that advantage until Rivera proves otherwise. That being said, if we can get Cam to have a big day whether on the ground or in the air we have a very good shot at winning.
Ron Rivera will punt 0 times, go for 2 after every TD and secure victory.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I'm down. (10)

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I'm down. (10)
In all seriousness though, not a fun matchup. At all.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Ron Rivera is Brodeur. Who would have thought.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:44 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The rematch.

boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:23 AM    (permalink
Jomoz
Rookie

Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Seahawks and Panthers are much better than the teams they are playing this week. Barring a choke-job, I don't see these two teams being upset at home. At *most* it will be the Panthers losing a close game, but that's still pretty unlikely imho. The 49ers don't have a dynamic offense that can give that defense any problems.

NFCCG should come down to Seattle - Carolina or possibly Seattle - San Fran with Seattle advancing to the Super Bowl with ease in both cases.
Jomoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh look. The Patriots will be in the AFCCG again. Just another day at the office for New England.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:31 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Oh look. The Patriots will be in the AFCCG again. Just another day at the office for New England.
It's almost comical how few difference makers there are going to be in this game for a divisional matchup. There won't be any rosterbating going on here.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
It's almost comical how few difference makers there are going to be in this game for a divisional matchup. There won't be any rosterbating going on here.
It's just insane how often the Patriots are in the final 4 every year. If the Pats beat Indy and the Chargers upset the Broncos which I think is entirely possible, the Pats are probably going to the SB again.

It's unreal.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:48 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Pats won't make the SB this year. While I'm ecstatic how well they've done all things considered, the talent just isn't there. Our best players for the last month have been Logan Ryan, Legarrett Blount, and Sealver Siliga.

That team is t going to win multiple playoff games.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

The stars are aligning for them. There's no reason why they can't beat Indy at home.

And there's no reason why they can't beat SD at home if they play them either.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:50 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

i hate you ryan succup. this loss is your ******* fault. and the refs in that game.

enjoy another easy road to a super bowl loss, new england.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:04 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NE isn't exactly a tantalizing team, I would probably take any of the other AFC teams over them right now so quit your caterwaulin'.

Chargers/Broncos is obviously my favorite matchup of the weekend. If Mathews keeps it up and Rivers is sharp I think we have a decent chance of playing keep away with Manning again.

Love that our head coach was his OC last year, that's better than nothing. I can't realistically project our secondary holding up against the Broncos O, our D in general is just so so bad but clearly have shown that they are capable of rising to occasions so who knows. I'll prob have more thoughts later this week.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:22 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
NE isn't exactly a tantalizing team, I would probably take any of the other AFC teams over them right now so quit your caterwaulin'.
meh. you'll beat us, then lose after the emotional high. also, there's nothing that would make me more upset than a new england/seattle super bowl. so it's basically a lock to happen.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Orleans Saints at Seattle Seahawks 4:35 PM EST

Indianapolis Colts at New England Patriots 8:15 PM EST

Sunday, January 12th

San Francisco 49ers at Carolina Panthers 1:05 PM EST

San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos 4:40 PM EST

We do what they tell us we can't do, AGAIN.

I just think the Colts put it together.

If the 49'ers start slow the Panthers roll.

My heart tells me Chargers but can I really bet against Manning this year?
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly I really do believe Denver will win a close one with SD, and then put an absolute ass whopping on us in Denver if we don't **** up against the Colts. Youre being far too pessimistic if you don't think Denver has a very easy road into the SB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post

Chargers/Broncos is obviously my favorite matchup of the weekend. If Mathews keeps it up and Rivers is sharp I think we have a decent chance of playing keep away with Manning again.

Love that our head coach was his OC last year, that's better than nothing. I can't realistically project our secondary holding up against the Broncos O, our D in general is just so so bad but clearly have shown that they are capable of rising to occasions so who knows. I'll prob have more thoughts later this week.
Legit question bc I honestly didn't pay much attention to him this year: Has Teo done anything to warrant his selection?
Old 01-06-2014, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Legit question bc I honestly didn't pay much attention to him this year: Has Teo done anything to warrant his selection?
I almost asked this a few weeks ago but I also am curious about this. I'm assuming no thus far considering we even have to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I almost asked this a few weeks ago but I also am curious about this. I'm assuming no thus far considering we even have to ask.
I had him figured for an incredibly average player at the next level, but I just want confirmation.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:29 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
meh. you'll beat us, then lose after the emotional high. also, there's nothing that would make me more upset than a new england/seattle super bowl. so it's basically a lock to happen.
I think if the Bolts beat the Broncos they will wreck either Indy or NE but I'm not putting myself out there on step 1.

Quote:
Quote:
I had him figured for an incredibly average player at the next level, but I just want confirmation.
He was absolutely dreadful early on but came around for the stretch run displaying some good anticipation. He was not good yesterday, a return to his early season form, and I expect that was the first time a lot of folks had seen him so that will be the narrative: average. But over the course of the season I'd say he's done very well as both an instant starter and developmental player. Butler is better though, no question.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote