Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 04-07-2007, 12:22 AM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Most of the fastest players were ones who were pure athletes who had to refine their football skills and xavier carter was one who didnt bother... most fast players cant catch which is why they should be playing corner, Xavier carter was a waste of football talent he coulda been amazing the scouts raved about him coming out of high school, i think if LSU gave him more of a chance or if he had someone like Jerry rice as his recievers coach he coulda been great, he barely played and i actually rooted for him more than early doucet
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut12 View Post
Any Texas fans out there? I think I looked up that Jammal Charles ran a 10.1 100m.
I think it was a 10.12
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Wow, I had no idea that Jammal Charles was anywhere near that fast. Damn...

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea he is a track star, but he really needs to stop worrying about track if he wants to be a pro football player. I know he put on some weight and I think he went to spring ball instead of track this year, but he really is nowhere near big enough for pro prospect. He does have amazing speed though.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDude View Post
Most of the fastest players were ones who were pure athletes who had to refine their football skills and xavier carter was one who didnt bother... most fast players cant catch which is why they should be playing corner, Xavier carter was a waste of football talent he coulda been amazing the scouts raved about him coming out of high school, i think if LSU gave him more of a chance or if he had someone like Jerry rice as his recievers coach he coulda been great, he barely played and i actually rooted for him more than early doucet
In all fairness, during his time at LSU, he had guys like Michael Clayton (1st round pick), Devery Henderson (2nd round pick), Skyler Green, Dwayne Bowe (soon to be 1st round pick), Craig Davis (soon to be 2nd round pick), and Early Doucet (probable future 1st/2nd rounder) in front of him. LSU has been stacked with talent at WR for the last 5 or so years. He pretty much had to battle with Bennie Brazell (another track superstar) for the #4 or #5 WR spot. It's not that he didn't have the talent, it's just that there was so much talent in front of him.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

one time in NCAA 2006 i recruited a quarterback that ran like a 4.2 something.

im goin homer and saying ted ginn, eventhogh i know that he was not the fastest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Madden, it was Devin Hester.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Music and Football
Rookie

Music and Football hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Prime Time
I agree with this one.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Miami Kush
Rookie

Miami Kush hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Xaiver "pee wee" carter is probaly top 3 fastest ever. I played football agaist him in high school Palm Bay High,and saw him at track meets as well. That kid is going to be in the olympics soon!
Miami Kush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

rex grossman

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:49 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
In all fairness, during his time at LSU, he had guys like Michael Clayton (1st round pick), Devery Henderson (2nd round pick), Skyler Green, Dwayne Bowe (soon to be 1st round pick), Craig Davis (soon to be 2nd round pick), and Early Doucet (probable future 1st/2nd rounder) in front of him. LSU has been stacked with talent at WR for the last 5 or so years. He pretty much had to battle with Bennie Brazell (another track superstar) for the #4 or #5 WR spot. It's not that he didn't have the talent, it's just that there was so much talent in front of him.
true that but he didnt even start on KR/PR cause of the fact that hes an idiot and took a knee on like the 5 yard line when he was a freshman i believe, they shoulda given him a few snaps a game and use him on WR reverses with that kind of speed u can do anything with him
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:24 AM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59PhQ4wpODg
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:35 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChess View Post
wow. i am a LSU fan so i know kinda what he can do. but to see his speed against high schoolers is sick.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:49 AM    (permalink
504 to ATL
Veteran

504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL

Haha the funny thing is that he doesnt even look like he cares before a play. He is just standing upright not even planted firmly then easily runs past you, and then once he is in the open field he turns on the jets.
504 to ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
TeachNC79

I agree

Deion
Old 04-23-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He would he have been the fastest "football player" if he has a shread of talent to stay and play,
Old 04-23-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
He would he have been the fastest "football player" if he has a shread of talent to stay and play,
Ya, because it would be smarter to play college football. Then possibly win a gold medal in the olympics and be considered one of the fastest men on earth.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yo hell yeah football is so amazing much better then a gold circle about 3 inches in diameter
Old 04-29-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
songofthesword

it's the X man, and it's not close.

he say the field agsint arkansas (my home town team)... he made Richardson look like he was standing still and caught a strike from Russell for a TD.

But he made the 110% right decision
Old 04-29-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
songofthesword

considering he left football where his body would have been worn out by the age of 30ish to run track where he is currently making 6 figures if not more out of endorcements, and this is BEFORE the Olympics... don't think it was a bad choice
Old 04-29-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
jeweeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by geaux tigers View Post
Carter ran a 10.09 for the 100m ncaa title. jamaal charles was either 3rd or 4th in the same race at 10.2x. Carter won 1st in the 100m, 400m, 4x100, and 4x400 all at NCAA outdoor championship.

http://www.usatf.org/athletes/bios/Carter_Xavier.asp

Carter was the 2006 NCAA indoor and outdoor track athlete of the yr.
I watched the NCAAs, he won the 400 in less than 30 minutes after winning the 100, it was amazing
Old 04-30-2007, 07:02 AM    (permalink
geaux tigers
Veteran

geaux tigers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

not sure how much he signed for, but xman was offered 2mil/yr after his freshman yr in track. this was before winning 4 titles his 2nd yr. just b/c he didnt get much PT his freshman yr in football doesnt mean he dont have any ball skills. he played behind Bowe & Davis who both went 1st round this yr. Not to mention Doucet whos likely to go 1st round next yr also.
geaux tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Bostonsportlova
Rookie

Bostonsportlova hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Carter he was mad fast
Bostonsportlova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

I thought I heard somewhere that Tim Dwight ran a 4.19 or something close to that. Not too sure tho.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Randy Moss ran a 4.2 at FSU (I think breaking Primetimes record time)...maybe not the track fastest, but extremely fast none the less

-sig by jkpigskin
-black is offline   Reply With Quote