Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-28-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WVU unis are ******* horrible.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Location: TJ Warren is a better and more productive player than Jabari Parker
SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post
I obviously have to see more, but I would rather have Bortles than McCarron. But not before Bridgewater, Mariota, Hundley, Hogan, Walsh, Keeton, or Boyd.

Maybe i'll have him before Manziel or Carr. Maaaaybe not before Murray or Mettenberger (if 2013 Mettenberger is permanent)

And def will take him before Fales or Shaw (who I'm not touching, no matter how good he gets)

And then there's that CBS Sports' draft site who ranked Driskel over him. No
LOL at Murray, Boyd and Mettenberger

Mariota/Hundley are right there and I don't have Hogan ranked because I doubt he's coming out. Keeton is behind them - good college QB imo, not sure how well he translates to the pros.

edit: I didn't want to throw this comp out there right away but Bortles sort of seems like a poor man's Luck to me. He has great pocket movement.

Last edited by SchizophrenicBatman : 09-28-2013 at 12:07 PM.
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a goddamn hit

#MoncriefArmy
Old 09-28-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post

Mariota/Hundley are right there and I don't have Hogan ranked because I doubt he's coming out. Keeton is behind them - good college QB imo, not sure how well he translates to the pros.
I'm just going with everyone that could come out. (personally, I think Hogan, Walsh and Hundley stay)

And I said 2013 Mettenberger. Any other year he's looousy, while I think Boyd might be in Senior pickapart mode.

Hackenberg vs Morris vs Browne!
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carolina sells out on every play. They're trying the 2009 Jets plan of trying to stop an offense, except they don't have a Revis.

Old 09-28-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never liked Boyd but I've had a closer eye on him from day 1 as an ACC fan. I didn't like Manuel either.

The targeting rule is such a joke
Old 09-28-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

edit: I didn't want to throw this comp out there right away but Bortles sort of seems like a poor man's Luck to me. He has great pocket movement.
I think you make some good points although I like Mettenberger and will know more later on this afternoon.

If I had to guess I'd say Hundley, Mariota and Hogan all stay in school. My loose rankings at this point would be:

Bortles and Bridgewater 1 and 1a.
Manziel
Boyd
Mettenberger
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Buckeye View Post
Let's not get carried away with ourselves here?
Didn't you make a thread saying Hundley was going to be the first QB taken in 2014 after playing a terrible Nebraska defense? Bortles is a special QB - Big, strong arm, accurate and mobile.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I thought the same thing.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Maybe I'll be proven wrong about Mettenberger. He certainly has the skills. I just have a hard time buying QBs that suddenly stop looking like garbage when a new OC comes in.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I thought the same thing.
on that note where would Bortles be ranked if he played at Stanford.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

UCF is on fire.

#MoncriefArmy
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

Well, if Bortles had WRs like SCAR's today, he would not be getting any recognition. Also

What?

Babylon
Legend

that was quite the punt return by that UCF lineman.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

because of Clowney you have to play 10 on 11 basically.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

And then Victor Hampton.

Just a really good play recognition on his part.

Old 09-28-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

You'd think SCar's defense would have more plays like with the way teams are scheming away from Clowney this year. They don't have time to pump fake you there, etc
Old 09-28-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

"Thompson overthrows target, incomplete" is like a catch phrase today.

Old 09-28-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

I think we can safely throw out any shot of Carolina making a BCS bowl. They're thin and wildly inconsistent.

Old 09-28-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

Stephen Morris is out for the game?

Old 09-28-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe I'll be proven wrong about Mettenberger. He certainly has the skills. I just have a hard time buying QBs that suddenly stop looking like garbage when a new OC comes in.
I think it's completely healthy to be skeptical, but he's really played a ton better this year than he has in years past. Should be a good test against Georgia today. His physical talent alone warrants a late selection, but if he's turned it around it's not impossible to see him going as high as the third. I wouldn't feel comfortable taking him any higher unless he well and truly goes nuts the rest of the season, but he's an interesting project on an upwards trajectory at the very least.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Oh don't get me wrong, if he keeps playing like this someone will reach for him in round 1. I just wouldn't be that guy.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post
Stephen Morris is out for the game?
His ankle got dinged and this game is over so they say him.

Good thing we're playing USF cause we're sloppy as hell today.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thought UNC was gonna be good this year. Whoops.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
sc is terrible.
Which one? Never mind.