Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
His right leg bent really badly right at the end of the play when he got rolled up on, but you're right if it is his back.
Yeah, it did look like the leg more so, which is obviously better...although you don't usually hear guys scream like that with that type of injury.

Still, hope for the best. Staley is a good player and it would be a shame for a serious injury to occur at that point in the game. Certainly appeared to be something that will keep him out for awhile though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:06 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love watching Sam Bradford play QB. Because I hate when QBs throw the ball more than 10 yards down the field; and QBs who can avoid sacks. Thankfully Bradford does neither. Such a treat to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 09-26-2013 at 11:16 PM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:08 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats the deal with these Hakeem Nicks to Detroit rumblings?
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Shush it. Frank Gore is giving an interview... On camera. It's like standup comedy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:11 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Well according to my twitter feed it was "broken" about 6 hours ago and no one worthwhile had confirmed it yet so I would just classify it as a rumor right now.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Staley telling his teammates he's okay. Might have dodged a bullet.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Assuming that it was fair value, I would be pissed if the Patriots missed that deal.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Yeah and Sam Bradford isn't garbage according to you. Cool story bro.
and according to you

Quote:
Hahaha Kaepernick is garbage.

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nicks to Lions came from a twitter user who posts fake stories.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
and according to you
Yeah. And then I said for that specific game he was playing like garbage after someone wanted clarification. Context fail.

You were talking about Bradford as a player in any game, not just one. Doesn't matter. Point still stands. He's horrible.

Quote:
Old 09-26-2013, 11:30 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah. And then I said for that specific game he was playing like garbage after someone wanted clarification. Context fail.

You were talking about Bradford as a player in any game, not just one. Doesn't matter. Point still stands. He's horrible.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol Ness is trying to trash talk again.

And the 49ers had 11 drives of 12 yards or less. And won 35-11. How does that even work?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Perhaps. But it's bordering on fact. Whatever. Game is over. I'm done talking about it.

Quote:
Old 09-26-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Lol Ness is trying to trash talk again.

And the 49ers had 11 drives of 12 yards or less. And won 35-11. How does that even work?
The Rams are just that bad I guess? I'll take it.

Oh and come on. That wasn't trash talk. Just casual conversing around here. Don't get it twisted.

Quote:
Old 09-26-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

I guess you're not done talking about it, liar

Old 09-26-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I understand that...but that's football. No helmet contact. You can't just allow guys to catch touchdowns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
They throw flags now for hard hits, point blank. I don't even buy the "Defenseless WR" stuff, I've seen the same hits week in and out but the ones with a big impact get the flags.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I know Im sort of not the most ethical person but I sort of feel as though you know the risks of the sport, and are making millions doing it, accept the risk and move on. The thing is most of the current players arent the ones lobbying for these rules, theyre just ending up paying the price for the hits the guys 30 years ago took.
Yeah, I can't argue the "spirit" of the hitting the head of a defenseless receiver rule...

But I honestly ask... What could Whitner have been besides allow him to catch it? That was an instance where he literally had no option of preventing a TD without doing what he did.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
I guess you're not done talking about it, liar
I meant with you. And more specifically Bradford.

Quote:
Old 09-26-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Staley didn't need to still be in there....there's no reason to just pull the skill positions....
I agree but the 49ers don't suit up a backup tackle. All of their backup O-Linemen who were active (Kilgore and Snyder) were both in the game.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Now J-Mike88 is going to cry himself to sleep because Staley is okay.

Quote:
Old 09-26-2013, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that game needed moar Gore

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:44 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand the Rams at all. They looked awful every phase of the game basically.
49ers rushed 4, and got instant pressure on Bradford.
Rams trade up for Tavon Austin, and he has looked incredibly underwhelming this year. I never thought he was a top 10 player, but somehow people loved his skills.
No running game for the Rams, they couldn't stop the run, Finnegan blew covering, overall the Rams look awful.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:46 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
that game needed moar Gore
I love how the TV "experts" cried for more Read Option.

Anyone with eyes can see the 49ers play their best when they run power from the pro-set, use play-action, and soften the secondary by running Gore.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
I don't understand the Rams at all. They looked awful every phase of the game basically.
49ers rushed 4, and got instant pressure on Bradford.
Rams trade up for Tavon Austin, and he has looked incredibly underwhelming this year. I never thought he was a top 10 player, but somehow people loved his skills.
No running game for the Rams, they couldn't stop the run, Finnegan blew covering, overall the Rams look awful.
They might have the worst running game in the league. As for Austin, he's a rookie. We'll see. Expectations should always be tempered with rookie receivers. Especially when you don't have that good of a quarterback.

Quote:
Old 09-26-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This GIF just about sums up Sam Bradford's game.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
I really liked him as a prospect and I've been unimpressed as well. It's not just that he hasn't broken big plays off of screens and such as was expected, but I've seen him drop a few open passes, too. He's got to take care of that. As it stands, teams probably still see him as the Rams most dangerous offensive player and keep an eye on him all game. When they can pretty much single-cover the rest of the Ram's receivers, a defense just has to stay disciplined and converge on Austin without allowing him to squirt out, and Austin hasn't been breaking any tackles or making people miss. He's going to improve, but I'll easily admit that I expected more from him from the get-go. He showed some splash ability in the preseason, so I believe it's there, it just hasn't happened in a real game yet.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote