Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See the problem with the no WR argument is simple: Look no further than the other qb he was facing last night, Colin Kaepernick.

Kaep has arguably worse skill position talent around him than Bradford yet his YPA is still not as bad. Bradford is a captain checkdown.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
bradford isn't untalented. but there were plays that looked gabbert-esque. he'd bail on no rush, he moved really, really poorly in the pocket, and he made really ill-advised, off-balance throws that he's simply not capable of completing, because he was too scared to try to set his feet, even though no defender was anywhere near him. i think he had more ability to start with, but he looks like david carr, before the texans finally cut the cord. completely broken. it's time for the rams to realize he's never going to do anything in st louis.
+10.

This is it.

When I watch Bradford play he seems like a guy who's regressed psychologically since his rookie year.
Emotionally he seems shellshocked and doesn't look IMO like a confident QB.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, even if you include the yards in air of all dropped passes, here are Bradford's YPA by season:

2013: 6.30

2012: 7.20

2011: 7.11

2010: 6.44

So, even if every single dropped pass had been caught, Bradford would still have average or below-average YPA figures. Keep in mind that all of those would drop to below-average figures if all the drops were removed for every quarterback, since most QBs would benefit pretty substantially from that.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
See the problem with the no WR argument is simple: Look no further than the other qb he was facing last night, Colin Kaepernick.

Kaep has arguably worse skill position talent around him than Bradford yet his YPA is still not as bad. Bradford is a captain checkdown.
Vernon Davis and Boldin are better than anyone on that Stl team, and he also has Gore in the backfield. Not to defend Bradford at all because I agree with what people are saying but I do have to say his weapons are garbage. At this point he doesnt look like the kind of QB thats going to make them better than what they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Come on now. One had a RB put up over 150 yards the other day, the other's best runner couldn't break 20 and so had to get drives going with his arm. That's gunna have a huge impact on a stat like YPA.

A lot of those "checkdowns" are screens, slants and other short routes that are designed that way to put the ball in the hands of guys like Austin with room to move since they can't move the ball on the ground. This isn't Alex Smith looking off an open guy deep to force it to a RB in the flat or shallow crossing route. At least it wasn't against Arizona or Atlanta.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
+10.

This is it.

When I watch Bradford play he seems like a guy who's regressed psychologically since his rookie year.
Emotionally he seems shellshocked and doesn't look IMO like a confident QB.
Which is weird because that's the exact opposite from what I got out of the Atlanta game where even with things going badly and him getting beaten up he still looked confident and comfortable driving them back into the game until that late TD by the Falcons that put the game out of reach. I wonder if that and the beating he took against Dallas have broken his hopes that this year would be different.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People have been giving him that excuse forever. He had Alexander and Amendola...two of the better receivers on the NFL right now, and people were giving him the no one to throw to argument.

He has two of the better tight ends in the late right now and struggles to get the ball out of his hands.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh. I don't know guys. I think he is what he is. I'm not holding my breathe waiting for him to pan out.

I just don't see it.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Also, even if you include the yards in air of all dropped passes, here are Bradford's YPA by season:

2013: 6.30

2012: 7.20

2011: 7.11

2010: 6.44

So, even if every single dropped pass had been caught, Bradford would still have average or below-average YPA figures. Keep in mind that all of those would drop to below-average figures if all the drops were removed for every quarterback, since most QBs would benefit pretty substantially from that.
This again though goes to a scheme that's been hiding a bad OL most of those years and poor/inexperienced weapons. Stl's run a lot of shallow stuff because they haven't had the protection for deeper routes to consistently develop. That skews his average down. Sure elite QBs don't need as much of that protection to still go deep, but we're not talking about an elite QB we're talking about a young QB that teams have tried to shelter because his development has been handled in such a collassolly horrendous manner.

Ultimately this is the year for him, he needs to show that having some stability and some weapons, no matter how raw, is all he needed to make progress and he started well to that end. He's just gotta turn it around and make some believers by season end. Otherwise I agree that the Rams should use their extra picks to bring somebody else in who could Rivers him.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
People have been giving him that excuse forever. He had Alexander and Amendola...two of the better receivers on the NFL right now, and people were giving him the no one to throw to argument.

He has two of the better tight ends in the late right now and struggles to get the ball out of his hands.
...two of the better receivers in the NFL at getting hurt and not playing maybe.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Injury riddled WR's that were short slot guys.
Austin Pettis is his most experience, go to WR for crying out loud. Cook is decent, but he has nobody else.

Quote:
Eh. I don't know guys. I think he is what he is. I'm not holding my breathe waiting for him to pan out.

I just don't see it.
Honestly, I don't think he will be more than just average at best for the Rams. Nothing bad, but also nothing good.

Also, are people trashing Bradford here for the Rams defense failing to stop the run and Finnegan blowing coverage?

To me, this is his 4th year, unless he progresses dramatically and the Rams as a team do, I don't think he'll be sticking around.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Injury riddled WR's that were short slot guys.
Austin Pettis is his most experience, go to WR for crying out loud. Cook is decent, but he has nobody else.

Honestly, I don't think he will be more than just average at best for the Rams. Nothing bad, but also nothing good.

Also, are people trashing Bradford here for the Rams defense failing to stop the run and Finnegan blowing coverage?

To me, this is his 4th year, unless he progresses dramatically and the Rams as a team do, I don't think he'll be sticking around.
When's his contract run out? I could see them holding onto him to compete with a rookie next year if he doesn't progress before letting him go to replace Alex Smith in KC. :-D
Old 09-27-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This pretty much explains last night.

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB is the one position that you really just can't make excuses for. We've seen guys have big years with very little talent around them. Even top guys can have a bad year, but when a guy has never had a great season, he's just not going to be a great QB. Bradford has always been a guy that doesn't like to go down the field. He's just not a special talent, don't know what some people were seeing back then. He's quite average in all phases.

Then in a few years, we'll be hearing people say he would have turned into an elite QB, if the rams had just given him an elite OL, a dominant receiver, a stable of backs, and a bunch of quality pass catchers. Oh no, it must be his confidence!
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
People have been giving him that excuse forever. He had Alexander and Amendola...two of the better receivers on the NFL right now

Just no. If you google either name it automatically fills in "injury". You can make a better argument against Bradford than trying to claim that Alexander and Amendola somehow constitute "two of the better WRs in the NFL".

He has happy feet in the pocket and tends to check down after you get him rattled about pressure. There see I did it without needing to try and spin Alexander and Amendola into elite WRs...
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm done with Bradford too. He was one of my favorite qb prospects to come out in awhile but let's just call it what it is. He sucks.

He's not going to turn the corner.
I said the excat same thing in another forum. I thought Bradford was going to be Luck, except without the athleticism. I think he might still have a chance if he lands in the right situation. I think Andy Reid could work some magic with a kid like Bradford. But he misses way too many throws he should make in his sleep. Just baffling to me.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post

Just no. If you google either name it automatically fills in "injury". You can make a better argument against Bradford than trying to claim that Alexander and Amendola somehow constitute "two of the better WRs in the NFL".

He has happy feet in the pocket and tends to check down after you get him rattled about pressure. There see I did it without needing to try and spin Alexander and Amendola into elite WRs...
I think you make a good point that Bradford has some issues with his game but anyone suggesting that he has all these weapons, or ever did for that matter, i think is wrong.

WRs, young and not getting open. Tight ends average at best. Running game, at least off last night's performance, abysmal.

Last edited by Babylon : 09-27-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who the **** thought it was a good idea to hire Brian Schottenheimer?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Sam Bradford is the new Alex Smith
Bradford is going to have the NFLs best winning % over a 2+ season span?
Old 09-27-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i think, even when a qb has **** around him, you can still see... 'it' when he plays. there's something that leads you to believe he can be a great nfl qb. i don't see it with bradford at this point. he'd be the same qb with a fantastic supporting cast.
I'm with you all of the way until not seeing it. I see a guy who could be Flacco or Ryan, but again I missed the last two beatings. But I'll just keep repeating this is the year for him to show that he deserves to keep his job.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Who the **** thought it was a good idea to hire Brian Schottenheimer?
Coach 500. He does 500 thangs.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Coach 500. He does 500 thangs.
Sadly he's still a massive upgrade over what they had the first few years.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Time to move on from Bradford. I get the feeling he'll play good enough down the stretch when the games don't matter to keep his job. Alex Smith syndrome.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Time to move on from Bradford. I get the feeling he'll play good enough down the stretch when the games don't matter to keep his job. Alex Smith syndrome.
To be fair to Smith he was 13-3 in his last full season with the Niners and a couple of special team fumbles from the Super Bowl.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

George Iloka fined 15k for perfectly legal hit on Jermichael Finley? I don't get the NFL.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote