Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-27-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just play dead anytime you take a big hit and youll get the flag and the player gets fined, not hard to get really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pryor medically cleared. Has a good chance to start
Old 09-27-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _YL_ View Post
Pryor medically cleared. Has a good chance to start
****!!!

I started worthless Kaepernick bc of the reports yesterday saying he's unlikely to play.

I hate the NFL.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't Iloka hit Finley with his elbow? Which Finley basically fell down into?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Didn't Iloka hit Finley with his elbow? Which Finley basically fell down into?
Looked intentional to me.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:34 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I told my brother after it happened that even if he wasn't flagged he would be fined this week. Just the way it is now. I don't think it was malicious hit at all. I think George mistimed his hit and was trying to dislodge the ball, but by the word of the rule it was a hit to the head of a defenseless receiver.

TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
****!!!

I started worthless Kaepernick bc of the reports yesterday saying he's unlikely to play.

I hate the NFL.
There gonna put him threw one more test but its not league mandated he took the first rep of first team snaps and will be looked at tomorrow but I think he will start.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quinton Patton has a fractured foot...

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly per the rules I don't have a problem with the fine. Iloka made contact with the head/neck with his arm/shoulder. Problem for Iloka is that it is a complete chance happening. He mistimed the hit because he wasn't expecting Finley to be stumbling into that position. If he is straight up Iloka gets a big hit with his shoulder right on the ball. I'm not saying I agree with the rules just that I think the NFL is going to continue enforcing it to the letter in a proactive measure to prevent concussion lawsuits.

NFL has to fine him per their ruleset but IMHO the officials made the correct call on the field. One of those damned if you do, damned if you don't situations for the NFL and Iloka.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
****!!!

I hate the NFL.
Now I really want Alex Smith to put up 18 fantasy points, and you to lose your match by a couple. Nothing personal against you at all, but I would really like to be right the one and only time, when I suggested somebody to bench Kaepernick and start Alex Mother******* Smith over him...
Old 09-27-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Injury riddled WR's that were short slot guys
What?

Amendola is a pretty normal size receiver. ~6' 190 and is one of the better possession receivers in the game. He plays both the slot and outside positions. Danario Alexander is 6'5 221 and is one of the best downfield threats in the league when he's playing...

Yeah, they're both injury prone, but he had at least one of them and other weapons that were severely underrated because he was just bad and his offensive line was bad. The point is that people have been deferring blame on the people around him when the people around him really aren't any worse than what most other teams have.

Lance Kendrick and Jared Cook, in this age of TE-based offensive passing games, would look a ton better on different teams. Two very talented, athletic, and highly touted players coming out of college.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
To be fair to Smith he was 13-3 in his last full season with the Niners and a couple of special team fumbles from the Super Bowl.
Yeah, but it took years of accumulating talented players on offense and defense plus a brilliant coaching staff. Also special teams. And he still wasn't that good. I don't see the Rams being close to having a good overall unit.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Quinton Patton has a fractured foot...
SOB more injuries **** this season.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
SOB more injuries **** this season.
JMike, is that you?

:P
Old 09-27-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Raiders are "optimistic" Terrelle Pryor (concussion) will play in Week 4 against the Redskins
Old 09-27-2013, 07:44 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
JMike, is that you?

Nope it is just me still . thanks for asking tho. I know I'm wanted around for entertainment.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Wow I never thought I'd see this but the Giants have a realistic shot at starting out 0-5.

Very lose-able games to the Chiefs and Eagles coming up in consecutive weeks.

IF that happens, I think the team will be in full-on tank mode. They could even end up with a top-5 draft pick.

Of course, the one year the Giants decide to tank is the year with a once-in-a-generation DE talent on the top of the board.

It's almost fated. I can just see it now: "With the #3 pick in the 2014 draft, the New York Giants select ... Jadaveon Clowney, defensive end, South Carolina."
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
I told my brother after it happened that even if he wasn't flagged he would be fined this week. Just the way it is now. I don't think it was malicious hit at all. I think George mistimed his hit and was trying to dislodge the ball, but by the word of the rule it was a hit to the head of a defenseless receiver.

I'm just thankful, and surprised, J-Mike didn't suffer a career-ending neck injury like Sterling Sharpe & Nick Collins did for us.

Things might be turning around for us on the injuryzzz frontz.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
JMike, is that you?
What about Staley?
Been gone all day?
He heal up already?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
Wow I never thought I'd see this but the Giants have a realistic shot at starting out 0-5.

Very lose-able games to the Chiefs and Eagles coming up in consecutive weeks.

IF that happens, I think the team will be in full-on tank mode. They could even end up with a top-5 draft pick.

Of course, the one year the Giants decide to tank is the year with a once-in-a-generation DE talent on the top of the board.

It's almost fated. I can just see it now: "With the #3 pick in the 2014 draft, the New York Giants select ... Jadaveon Clowney, defensive end, South Carolina."
Teams don't tank. Why doesn't this ever get into people's heads? Folks in the NFL have jobs to play for. And even if their fate is sealed they'll be advertising their services for someone else. No one on an 0-5 team would be thinking "Gee, I'll just put my job security on the line so that I can get some better teammates next season".

Quote:
Old 09-27-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Time to move on from Bradford. I get the feeling he'll play good enough down the stretch when the games don't matter to keep his job. Alex Smith syndrome.
Do you mean 3-0 Alex Smith? Please address him as such.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you talking about how bad he was during last weeks Thursday Night stinkfest?

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Alex "3-0 Delusions of grandeur" Smith.

Quote:
Old 09-27-2013, 08:24 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clowney would be too perfect to partner with JPP and Moore, but I doubt we end up bad enough to actually draft him unless our OL really does break Eli.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Clowney would be too perfect to partner with JPP and Moore, but I doubt we end up bad enough to actually draft him unless our OL really does break Eli.
If there was a sportsbook that had the bet prop of "Will Eli get broken in Week 4 with 3 offensive lineman out"

I would take yes.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 09-27-2013 at 08:37 PM.
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote