Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 09-30-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.
Default What week does Schiano get the axe?

What a circus. From the conservative style, kneel down bush league crap, micro managing, with a 1-10 record in his last eleven games and now the Freeman fiasco how does this guy still have a job. Looking at our remaining schedule with a rookie QB we have a real shot at 0-16. That is absolutely mind boggling to me considering this was a top 10 offense last year and with the additions on defense we are at this point after 4 games. He should be gone by Friday. I've never been as disappointed in a season as I am this year, and that is saying a lot with our history.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:10 AM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schiano is not getting canned anywhere in the calendar year of 2013. Or 2014. Maybe January of 2015. Maybe. For all you folks freaking out on message boards all over the internets and local radio shows..... find your paper bag and breathe slow and deep.

Unlike the end of the Raheem Morris era, Greg Schiano has not lost the players so far that they are not giving effort. Not like the pundits are claiming. We lost 3 of our 4 games so far by a combined 6 points. Even counting the Patriots loss, were still within a score, on average, in all our games. And the team is playing hard.

When you flashback to the end of the Morris era, he had lost the team, they weren't playing hard, and were getting blown out. Usually those games were settled in the first halves. Let's flash back for a second.....

Quote:
Sun December 4 vs Carolina Panthers
Lost 38-19

Sun December 11 @ Jacksonville Jaguars
Lost, 41-14

Sat December 17 vs Dallas Cowboys
Lost, 31-15

Sat December 24 @ Carolina Panthers
Lost, 48-16

Sun January 1 @ Atlanta Falcons
Lost, 45-24
.... yeah.

Guys, that's an average of 23 points per game difference. .

Understand what this means. And what I am saying. Is losing acceptable? No. But one thing that we, as fans, and especially the Glazers, as owners, wanted for this football team was to have a roster of players who play hard on and are responsible citizens in the community off it. I'm not saying each player has to devote his free time to rescuing puppies, aiding the poor at the local soup kitchen or spend time with the kids at a park. Those things are great, but as long as we don't have crap like David Boston getting arrested at 7am drunk and sleeping in his car. Aqib Talib getting arrested for the 28 things he did, Jerramy Stevens.... Eric Wright.....

Those things are embarrassing. Losing via last second field goal, that's a bit heartbreaking, but not embarrassing.

The Glazers can take some heartbreak, but hate to be embarrassed.

You fans need to learn the difference.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would we cut ties with Schiano? It's not his fault Freeman didn't have a set between his legs. Schaino does not have a franchise QB. Never did. Glennon was just the last option after we couldn't land Mallet, Cassell, or Palmer. Freeman was never the guy and he showed it.

The media and the Freeman camp are making him look like something he isn't.

Now does Schiano need to adjust his offensive techniques and scheme to todays nfl? Yes. Most definately and I think he'll realize that sooner rather than later when he fires Sully.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Now does Schiano need to adjust his offensive techniques and scheme to todays nfl? Yes. Most definately and I think he'll realize that sooner rather than later when he fires Sully.

Good point.

I think that Schiano definitely stays, and Mike Sullivan is the one really on the hot seat. I mean, how many offensive coordinators did Dungy roll through before the Glazers had enough?

So the real question is, what does the landscape look like for an offensive coordinator?
Old 10-07-2013, 02:32 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Zimmer should be the head coach of the Bucs next season. With the players we have on D. We could have a top 5 unit. While braking in a new top 8 pick that's hopefully a QB.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Mike Zimmer should be the head coach of the Bucs next season. With the players we have on D. We could have a top 5 unit. While braking in a new top 8 pick that's hopefully a QB.
Lets see, we held Drew Brees to 16 points. We pretty much have a top 5 defense. When the undefeated Saints have rolled every week on Offense except for the Bucs defense gave them trouble, I think our defense is fine, except a few quirks here and there.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lets see, we held Drew Brees to 16 points. We pretty much have a top 5 defense. When the undefeated Saints have rolled every week on Offense except for the Bucs defense gave them trouble, I think our defense is fine, except a few quirks here and there.

Our D has been OK. But how do you trade a 1st and 3rd and pay 16 million for the best man to man CB in the league and have him play off zone more than 50% of the time.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:44 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Our D has been OK. But how do you trade a 1st and 3rd and pay 16 million for the best man to man CB in the league and have him play off zone more than 50% of the time.
I agree with you, I even mentioned this in another Bucs topic about a month ago. Everyone says our defense is playing well this season and while all the personal decisions can't be blamed on Schiano if he does not have a say in it why bring the coach in. Seriously though, we could have kept our draft picks and signed a guy like Brent Grimes.

The games I watched there didn't seem to be lack of talent which most of us know, one problem is the offense lack of creativity. That can be fixed. Problems with the coach and QB, that is fixable. The thing that worries me and we will see over the next few weeks are the players sick of Schiano? Right now there are grumblings but grumblings are usually forgotten with wins. Without wins smoke becomes fire and fire equals fire usually. If the loss margins start increasing week by week he could be gone by the end of November.

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfreak314 View Post
I agree with you, I even mentioned this in another Bucs topic about a month ago. Everyone says our defense is playing well this season and while all the personal decisions can't be blamed on Schiano if he does not have a say in it why bring the coach in. Seriously though, we could have kept our draft picks and signed a guy like Brent Grimes.

The games I watched there didn't seem to be lack of talent which most of us know, one problem is the offense lack of creativity. That can be fixed. Problems with the coach and QB, that is fixable. The thing that worries me and we will see over the next few weeks are the players sick of Schiano? Right now there are grumblings but grumblings are usually forgotten with wins. Without wins smoke becomes fire and fire equals fire usually. If the loss margins start increasing week by week he could be gone by the end of November.
I think some of them are already turning on him. Revis for one can't be happy right now. Things are just too F'd up for me for Schiano to stay. For me it's ok to say it. He's not a NFL guy. Good coach. Just not for men making millions of dollars.

Also Dom left Schiano with some bad holes on this team. No backup OG's. RT is replaceable. No TE to speak of. 3rd WR is a no show. Dline thin as the NY Times.

Were very top heavy in talent. With no glue guys.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:
We are sitting right outside the top 10, Revis and Goldson have taken us from 32nd to like 11th in pass defense, I don't know how much credit I would give Schiano for that, Goldson/Revis would improve anyones pass defense greatly. To me this season is squarely on Schiano. I almost wanted to give him a pass because of the Freeman saga and some injuries but we have looked like a joke since preseason. If anything he might be a good DC but he is a horrible head coach. I still believe with the right guy at the helm we would have been a contender, looking at the rest of our division makes it worst because it was primed for the taking.

Last edited by kBuc5 : 11-06-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
we would have been a contender

Your point is moot, because Freeman is a loser. And losers don't win.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:38 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

We were never going to be a contender with any coach because of the whole Freeman mess. And that mess falls on GM Mark Dominik. He refused to give up on his star #1 draft pick from 2009. He still refuses to give up on Luke Stocker, who sucks. Held on to Myron Lewis for 3 years. Same with Benn.

Because not getting rid of Freeman in 2012, when Schiano wanted his guy, we missed out on the likes of Tanehill, Russell Wilson opportunties because dom wouldnt entertain a QB because Freeman and him were tied.

Quite frankly: Josh Freeman has ruined the Bucs and he's now sitting in the Freeman Suite on gamedays in Minnesota because he;s so good.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEagle View Post
Schiano is not getting canned anywhere in the calendar year of 2013.

Told you so.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:47 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

If Schiano is still coaching this team next year it's only because the Glazers do not want to pay his salary on top of another head coaches salary. We are still average to below average on defense, rank in the bottom offensively. We are the worst penalized team in the NFL. Schiano gets out coached pretty much every time we are in close games. You can let your hate for Freeman blind you to that if you want but he was just one piece in a bigger problem with the Buc's, Schiano.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

Your Freeman love burns strong.......

Quote:
Freeman will prove he is a top tier QB this year, we won't be drafting a QB anytime soon.

If Mark Dominik had let Schiano start his QB from jump street, we likely wouldn't be in this mess. Not that I like to try and rewrite history, but as it turns out, Glennon looks like he's a competent NFL QB, and Freeman isn't good enough to be in the league, and will be out of it come 2015 (someone will sign him for 2014, before realizing ADHD QB's can't learn playbooks or read.... period)

There's been a vastly different tone around here since 'Fro left. Like it or lump it, Schiano was right. But methinks that's what's got you butthurt in the first place.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

Not at all. It's not about being wrong on Freeman. It's not a stretch to think before the season started last year Freeman would be better in the second year of this offense in a contract year, he did put up 4000 yards in the air last year. It didn't happen, Freeman flaked out and like you said Freeman clearly wasn't Schiano's guy from the beginning, hindsight no surprise he failed really.
Please elaborate on the "tone around here" statement. The only vibe I get "around here" is that we have a joke of a coach that has made us the punchline of the NFL.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Not at all. It's not about being wrong on Freeman. It's not a stretch to think before the season started last year Freeman would be better in the second year of this offense in a contract year, he did put up 4000 yards in the air last year. It didn't happen, Freeman flaked out and like you said Freeman clearly wasn't Schiano's guy from the beginning, hindsight no surprise he failed really.
Please elaborate on the "tone around here" statement. The only vibe I get "around here" is that we have a joke of a coach that has made us the punchline of the NFL.
Not really. Look we won 3 straight now a loss to the red hot panthers and all of a sudden clueless fans like you want schiano gone.

Look. Freeman is a joke. He threw 4000 yards. Big deal. His production came against poor defenses where he got away with jump balls won by mike will and Jackson. I pointed that out and once defenses took that away with cover two/3 zones , he was confused as all heck.

Freeman was the problem. Mark dominik should be fired for letting it get out of hand. Schiano didn't like freeman from the start. He never got his guy. His hand was forced IMO until finally the glazers saw the light.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Schiano this offseason needs to run things his way. He needs to can Sheridan and Sullivan. Promote McNulty, his first choice. Promote wanstedt or get Donatell, SFs secondary's coach who was his first choice. And do things his way. Get rid of Clayborn. He sucks. Being back Bennett and get a speed guy.

Can mark dominik. He sucks at the draft and over pays guys like goldson who is horrendous compared to his contract. Too bad were stuck with him.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:05 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes please get rid of the GM damn it! Bring in one who knows what kind of players the coach wants and knows that football starts upfront, could've sworn that was football 101 but apparently not. I don't want to see another high 2rd pick wasted!!

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:45 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

Quote:
Not really. Look we won 3 straight now a loss to the red hot panthers and all of a sudden clueless fans like you want schiano gone.
Wins against a Dolphin team that was in complete dissaray, a beat up and bad Falcons team, and a Lions team that gifted us 6 turnovers (And we still almost lost at the end). And I'm the clueless one? lol. Keep drinking the kool aid. Go look at when this thread was started, there is no all of sudden I want Schiano gone.
For the record I never said Freeman was blameless in this situation, but to put it all on him is just wrong.
As far as Sheridan, he runs Schiano's defense. You want to replace him with another Schiano puppet? Genius.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:42 AM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

Quote:
Not at all. It's not about being wrong on Freeman. It's not a stretch to think before the season started last year Freeman would be better in the second year of this offense in a contract year, he did put up 4000 yards in the air last year.
It was a stretch. It was a stretch that Freeman was ever going to succeed in the NFL. It was obvious to all but the dinkus fanboys.

Your stat is meaningless, because of how it came to be. If you don't understand that, you need to leave these football forums, and take up tennis or sowing. It's much simpler, and those stats are more straight line for your thinking.

Quote:
It didn't happen, Freeman flaked out and like you said Freeman clearly wasn't Schiano's guy from the beginning, hindsight no surprise he failed really.

You act like Freeman going down in a ball of flames was some sort of surprise? Really!? He was a ticking time-bomb, and too many people in the wrong positions knew it.

Quote:

As in, One Buc.

Yeah, there are still the crosseyed hillbillies running around Tampa wanting Schiano fired, but they don't understand the repercussions, both from a roster standpoint, a free agency standpoint and from a coaching fraternity standpoint. There's so much more at stake here than what the drooling slobs see at the surface. They'll never get it. Ever. I am convinced of that, given that they rode the two greatest coaches we had in this town out on a rail and cheered it. Both times.

Quote:
Go look at when this thread was started, there is no all of sudden I want Schiano gone.
You started this thread right in the middle of Freeman's meltdown, and about 4 days before he got released.

That's about as "all of a sudden" as it gets, kid.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:50 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Wins against a Dolphin team that was in complete dissaray, a beat up and bad Falcons team, and a Lions team that gifted us 6 turnovers (And we still almost lost at the end). And I'm the clueless one? lol. Keep drinking the kool aid. Go look at when this thread was started, there is no all of sudden I want Schiano gone.
For the record I never said Freeman was blameless in this situation, but to put it all on him is just wrong.
As far as Sheridan, he runs Schiano's defense. You want to replace him with another Schiano puppet? Genius.
Actually dude we won 3 straight and you kept your mouth shut. Then we lose and your back it. Yep.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:54 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

We are becoming the Oakland raiders. No coaching candidate will come here. Why? There is no stability. We have a gm who cannot build through the draft. Overspends for average players.

Can dominik. Find a GM who actually knows what he's doing. Someone reputable and see if he is on board with schiano
Old 12-03-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

@bucfan12 When we lost against the Eagles, Falcons and Panthers you didn't see me "right back at it" posting in this thread. Don't know why you are ignoring the suckage that is Schiano and trying to spin it.
Quote:
No coaching candidate will come here. Why? There is no stability. We have a gm who cannot build through the draft. Overspends for average players.

Can dominik. Find a GM who actually knows what he's doing. Someone reputable and see if he is on board with schiano
So let me get this straight, no reputable coach will want to come here because Dominick hasn't brought any talent here but we can find a reputable GM who wants Schiano as his guy?

If you fire Dominick you have to fire Schiano as well. No GM in his right mind would want Schiano as their coach at this point.

@deadeagle Wow. Methinks you are a little butthurt. Schiano's record speaks for itself. The control freak is the main reason we are in this mess. But hey resort to name calling and digging up old posts from last year if it makes you feel better.

Last edited by kBuc5 : 12-03-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

If schiano's record speaks for itself the. What does Doms say?

Dominik cannot draft. The drafting improved when Eric Stokes took over dir. College scouting. Dom has collected players through FA by throwing money and overpaying guys like Nicks,wrigt and goldson. Revis isn't even healthy and he traded and gave up the farm cap wise and a 1 and 3. I like Revis but we were the only idiots that would meet his demands coming off knee surgery.

I'm not saying we 100% keep Schiano. He just reminds me of bellichik in his younger years. Schiano got the freeman shaft and he turned out to be right. He never had his fair choice of candidates bc how late in the game he was hired in 2012.

I do think he's a great football coach.

Edit. What I pointing out is not your original posts. It's we won 3 straight and you kept quiet. We lose to Carolina and you're back at it? Lol

Last edited by bucfan12 : 12-03-2013 at 04:56 PM.