Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-26-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 4 Discussion Thread

Thursday, September 26th

San Francisco 49ers at St. Louis Rams

Sunday, September 29th

Philadelphia Eagles at Denver Broncos
Baltimore Ravens at Buffalo Bills
Cincinnati Bengals at Cleveland Browns
Chicago Bears at Detroit Lions
New York Giants at Kansas City Chiefs
Arizona Cardinals at Tampa Bay Bucaneers
Indianapolis Colts at Jacksonville Jaguars
Seattle Seahawks at Houston Texans
Pittsburgh Steelers at Minnesota Vikings
New York Jets at Tennessee Titans
Washington Redskins at Oakland Raiders
Dallas Cowboys at San Diego Chargers
New England Patriots at Atlanta Falcons

Monday, September 30th

Miami Dolphins at New Orleans Saints

Well, at least one team won't be winless Sunday night and I hope it is the Steelers.

Falcons-Patriots should be a great game. A shootout.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should be a good one tonight. Even with all the bad press the winner will be 2-2 and right there for a good season, although that division championship is probably not in play for either team.

Giants and Redskins probably looking at 0-4. Wow!
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't see San Fran losing 3 games in a row nor do I see CK playing that bad again. The only thing is that STL seemed to have their # last season so who knows.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Long and Quinn do a good job of keeping QBs in the pocket so CK is going to have to make better decisions throwing the ball. If the Niners didn't have so many guys questionable for tonight i might be on their bandwagon.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Things are setting up just like in 2009.

New DC
Forcing Turnovers
Allowing under 20ppg
Started 3-0

Super Bowl bitches
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Colts don't crush Jacksonville I will be very disappointed. Nothing worse than playing down to an opponent's level after a great win the previous week. They're even starting Gabbert so that alone should mean a double-digit win.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
If the Colts don't crush Jacksonville I will be very disappointed. Nothing worse than playing down to an opponent's level after a great win the previous week. They're even starting Gabbert so that alone should mean a double-digit win.
I see 200+ rushing yards coming Sunday between TRich and Bradshaw.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 09-26-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Surprised that we're favorites in tonight's game.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Why Ness? I mean you are the San F'n Fran Niners!

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 09-26-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
The Rams looked horrible down here in Big D last week.

Niners are Super Bowl tested, and their OL is fully in tact still.
Edge to the Niners from the bookmakers.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
I see 200+ rushing yards coming Sunday between TRich and Bradshaw.
I bet it's been 10+ years since the Colts had over 200 yards rushing.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, who saw the 0-3 Giants vs the 3-0 Chiefs at the start of the season? I want to say the Chiefs win but the Giants have to get it going at some point.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have Kaep and Pryror. I want to start Pryror this week bc he's playing the Redskins but I'm not sure if he'll play.

What do you guys think? Start Kaep? Or risk it and roll the dice with Pryror even though we don't know if he'll start yet?

Thursday Night is always terrible for fantasy football. It's always a turnover fest so I'm scared of going with Kaepernick today.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
So, who saw the 0-3 Giants vs the 3-0 Chiefs at the start of the season? I want to say the Chiefs win but the Giants have to get it going at some point.
Snee and Baas are out. Our already terrible OL just lost 2 starters vs your defense. Houston and Poe gonna eat all day.

I don't feel good about this game. And the worst part is the Giants just give me the impression that they don't give a ****.

This team got complacent and we need to get rid of a lot of players.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really worried about this Giants game tbh, and all the Chiefs fans that are claiming 4-0 already are pissing me off.

Eli is still Eli, and Cruz is still Cruz. I think we can pull out the win, but it isn't guaranteed or anything.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Rams tonight. 21-20. It will be interesting to see how SF comes out tonight after their loss to the Colts. They went head to head with the Colts and got pushed around. I have a feeling the Rams loss last week was a bit of an aberration. I think they are better than that. Very interesting match up to say the least.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I just don't see how we protect Eli vs that KC front 7. If we protect Eli we have a chance, but I just don't see it.

Our defense will show up though. Smith doesn't turn it over though.
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Houston is going to get all the sacks against that patchwork offensive line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not worried about the Chiefs D but the O is a whole other story. The Chiefs front 7 (on paper) should give Giants all kinds of trouble. I just don't trust captain checkdown and the Chiefs OL to put points on the board.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Start Kaep or roll the dice with Pryor?

Haaalp goise!
Old 09-26-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

If Pryor was healthy it's a no brainer to me. Pryor has been scoring 20 points a game.

But it's just the uncertainty of whether he'll play or not. Right now I'm leaning towards rolling the dice with Pryor but I need to decide by tonight and he's not been given the green light yet to practice.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

If Pryor was healthy it's a no brainer to me. Pryor has been scoring 20 points a game.

But it's just the uncertainty of whether he'll play or not. Right now I'm leaning towards rolling the dice with Pryor but I need to decide by tonight and he's not been given the green light yet to practice.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it doesn't help that the Giants starting C and RG are out now. Poe is going to be full after this game.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I pray for Eli's life.

The only positive about Eli getting killed on Sunday is we'll be in the driver's seat for Clowney if he goes down for the year.

In fact, if he like breaks his fibula and is out for 8 weeks or whatever, I'm all for putting him on IR and Nassibing our way to the #1 pick in the draft.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs-Giants came comes out as a possible upset to be honest. Chiefs aren't an overly dominant team, still decent, and I honestly don't think the Giants are as bad as they were last week. They might have some success airing the ball out.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote