Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-13-2014, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
49ers just need to rid themselves of Aldon Smith. He is just so stupid and I could see whole ordeal being a distraction for them.
Unfortunately he's a pass rusher with HOF talent. At least this should make him easier to resign. Only upside to this.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Having Hall of Fame talent isn't all that rare. There's been many players with HoF talent who didn't stick around long because they lacked a Hall of Fame brain.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Having Hall of Fame talent isn't all that rare. There's been many players with HoF talent who didn't stick around long because they lacked a Hall of Fame brain.
Well, in Aldon case, he's a sack machine. He has the second most sacks, or maybe the most I can't remember, since coming into the NFL than any other player at this point in their careers. Aldon is on a thin leash, but the thing that is saving him is that players like him are extremely rare to obtain. He's not just someone you can easily replace.

Quote:
Old 04-13-2014, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep Calm
And
Ald-
On

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Funny offseason. So after losing to the Seahawks and seeing them walk away with the gold, here is what SF has done thus far:

1. Have in-house strife with Harbaugh and Baalke
2. Trade for Johnathan Martin and Blaine Gabbert
3. Culliver goofs again.
4. Star QB is involved with sexual assault case.
5. Aldon Smith arrested again.

But at least we got Antoine Bethea and Chris Cook.

Quote:
Old 04-13-2014, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Aldon Smith ✔ @AldonSmith
Follow

It was worth it! It was all worth it!!!
Nice one Aldon.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:15 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nice one Aldon.
Wow. Just wow. I hope he gets cut just to laugh at him.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Wow that video.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/13/aldon-...rested-at-lax/

Quote:
Old 04-13-2014, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Wow. Just wow. I hope he gets cut just to laugh at him.
No they will keep him more then likely because of his talent. 49ers aiming to become the next bad boys of the NFL.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Nice one Aldon.
That was way before the incident occurred.

Quote:
Old 04-13-2014, 07:27 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm Aldon Smith! I'm worth millionsssss.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:33 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wtf Aldon Smith lmao
Old 04-13-2014, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I'm Aldon Smith! I'm worth millionsssss.....
He can kiss that May 3 extension option goodbye.

Why is it so hard to be calm when the authorities want to talk with you? A lot of young guys that come from certain areas (guys that are really immersed in the street life) start acting belligerent at the first sign that they might possibly be in trouble. And they just make it 10 times worse than it should be. Aldon could have probably easily walked away with this if he wasn't shouting and acting like a menace trying to play the "I'm being harassed card". Causing a scene in a public place doesn't help you.

Quote:
Old 04-13-2014, 07:44 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some people in the national media predicted whoever lost the Championship game between SEA and SF might see their window of opportunity to start closing, but this is pretty surprising. They still have a ton of young talent so I'm sure they will be fine, but if they miss the playoffs next year (which I don't think is unreasonable), they might be headed down a bad path.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is going on with this 9er offseason? Very bizarre

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Jomoz
Rookie

Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This reminds me of the Eagles in 2005. Coming off a Super Bowl appearance and back-to-back-to-back-to-back NFC title game appearances, and then they had this whole Terrell Owens saga and strife in the front office and the whole mini-dynasty collapsed that year, never to be a powerhouse team in the NFC again.
Jomoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:48 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomoz View Post
This reminds me of the Eagles in 2005. Coming off a Super Bowl appearance and back-to-back-to-back-to-back NFC title game appearances, and then they had this whole Terrell Owens saga and strife in the front office and the whole mini-dynasty collapsed that year, never to be a powerhouse team in the NFC again.
The entire Owens saga was him wanting his 2006 option bonus of $7.5m being given to him a year earlier since that was the Eagles way out after two years which is pretty much what the Eagles had planned.

Either way, his saga was about money, he wasnt the first and obviously, hasnt been the last but at least he wasnt doing all this stupid crap like Kaepernick, Culliver and now Aldon. UGH.

Last edited by dan77733 : 04-13-2014 at 08:50 PM.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Jomoz
Rookie

Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know the details are the different; it just has that same feel to it.

And the end result was a terrible 6-10 season for the Eagles. I could see something similar happening to the 49ers this year. The "under" bet on the 49ers win total could be very enticing.

Last edited by Jomoz : 04-13-2014 at 08:51 PM.
Jomoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:50 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He can kiss that May 3 extension option goodbye.
This I disagree with. There's no way the 49ers can let him walk as an UFA. I would 100% exercise that extension and then try to trade him prior or during the draft. If I couldnt get a good trade, I hope he has a great 2014 and then, we can trade him for a better deal.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:54 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a stupid bad week for the 49ers off the field. If you could believe that they have their heads on straight, Kaep and Smith are two guys you sign for as long as possible and build both sides of the ball around them for a decade. Instead, they do dumb **** and/or put themselves in incredibly dumb situations.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Just need one more missing piece. Maybe Iupati will get caught with child pron and you'd have to give us an A+ on the offseason.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:11 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Just need one more missing piece. Maybe Iupati will get caught with child pron and you'd have to give us an A+ on the offseason.
Out of all our potential UFA's in 2015 (and 2016), who would have thought that LG Mike Iupati would be the number one guy who's actually worth a long term extension.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Not really, both Seattle and San Fran have been top teams for a couple of seasons and have been able to bring in almost all the FA's they wanted, simply because their QB's make peanuts, having been drafted in rounds 2 and 3. When you win consistently in the NFL, players want to be rewarded significantly for contributing to their success, so their salaries are on the increase by quite a bit.

Then you have the prospect that they are going to have to give their QB's very, very significant raises in the next little while and if they don't give them the money now, they seriously risk losing them to FA as they will be pretty pissed if they don't get a raise before their FA year. Both Kaep and Wilson are making incredible low salaries.

This has resulted in a freeing up of cap space with the prospect of having to pay these 2 guys sooner rather than later and this has forced both teams to restructure their cap commitments, and thus the start of a huge cut in personnel to free up the money to retain their QB's. These 2 teams will lose the huge edge cheap franchises QB's awarded them and bring both teams back to NFL cap reality.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Aldon was released nearly and hour ago on $20,000 bail. Saying the word "bomb" in an airport cost him 20 grand LOL.

Quote:
Old 04-13-2014, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how many more views would nfl.com get if Iamcanadian didnt post on here?