Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-10-2014, 03:57 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've hear nothing but good things about Type 0, but it's quite old at this point isn't it? Still, last I heard the people that imported that were very pleased with it.

Delicious details about the flame of my week;

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...5-new-details/

Everything there just sounds so cool. Love the fact that they aren't content to merely re-skin it. A transition to encouraging a less defensive style of play is a welcome addition, but there's a dude with a shield in those screenshots too. Looks gorgeous as well. People on the floor have seen gameplay already too, so it's just a matter of waiting for it to pop up with someone.

More delicious screens here:
https://secure.flickr.com/photos/pla...g/14206524640/

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 03:58 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FF Type-0 is a PSP game never released in English. I don't know much about the game other than it is similar to Crisis Core, which was pretty great.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mehborne tbh.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:05 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Mehborne tbh.
I'm sorry your taste is so bad and we can't be friends :(

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-10-2014, 04:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I was really disappointed that they didn't show it in their conference, but a Fire Emblem / Shin Megami Tensei crossover game is in the works for the Wii U.

Quake 4 was such a disappointing, pile of crap. Id has pissed me off until they actually make a good Quake again. Q3 is one of my favorites of all time, Rocket Arena was soo much fun.
I hate cross overs.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:19 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gamespot just showed Xenoblade gameplay. Looks ******* awesome. Getting a Wii U next year. **** my life.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:22 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Gamespot just showed Xenoblade gameplay. Looks ******* awesome.
Yeah, the gameplay they just showed looked a whole ton more interesting than the trailer did. Love the sense of scale. That's something the first game did really well and visuals with 7 year old hardware as opposed to 13 year old hardware really seem to be helping that along.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-10-2014, 04:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm sorry your taste is so bad and we can't be friends :(
I'm the guy who didn't buy a PS4.. clearly I have great taste!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:44 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I'm the guy who didn't buy a PS4.. clearly I have great taste!
I haven't bought one either!

I would rather not, to be honest. The reality of it was that one of these exclusives would get me at some point, but I was hoping it was a little further down the road than next year. In the end, I am fairly OK with it being the PS4 though. Sony being based in Japan will win out in that space over time and there's a pretty good chance a lot of what Microsoft showed besides Halo makes it's way to PC at one point or another. Far better shot of it than any games Sony's funds, anyway.

Destiny Character Creation:

This stuff looks OK. More in line with what interested me about the game in the first place. The Halo universe always seemed like it was teeming with possibilities but constrained by the entire Spartan narrative. More of an emphasis on Bungie's SciFi world-building going forward would have a chance to win me back a bit.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-10-2014, 05:05 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Yeah, the gameplay they just showed looked a whole ton more interesting than the trailer did. Love the sense of scale. That's something the first game did really well and visuals with 7 year old hardware as opposed to 13 year old hardware really seem to be helping that along.
I was surprised that they went with that storyline for the game. It's hard to say why but that's just not something I expected.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:18 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I was surprised that they went with that storyline for the game. It's hard to say why but that's just not something I expected.
It doesn't look bad or anything, but yeah, the in game stuff showed a lot better for sure.

The Witcher 3 looks so crazy ambitious. Can't believe the scale of the world they're going for. The visual fidelity is crazy too. Combat doesn't look like it improved a whole ton, but I had a better time with it in The Witcher 2 than a lot of people had, so no skin off my back haha.

Astounding their achieving this with like a quarter of the budget of most AAA games. CD Projekt really is one of the better success stories in video games right now.

Saw a demo for Lords of the Fallen earlier. It's shaped up a bit since last year, but it still looks clunky in a bad way. Never been a fan of the WoWish art style they're using either. Still, interested to see how that comes along. Some ex-Witcher 2 devs are on that team and they've said all the right things as far as what they're going for.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 06-10-2014 at 07:07 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:40 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah that's one of the main reasons why I'm not getting an xbox one all those games will come to PC anyways. I'll probably pick up a PS4 by the end of this year possibly.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:44 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** Halo... I still refuse to support that franchise until they make a new Myth game first. That awfully mundane FPS was the death of the best RTS ever and I'm still bitter!

I genuinely didn't like Halo though either so it was even worse.

I'm excited for several of the titles, not enough to buy a console or anything, I made a vow to not buy a console until there is a Madden, NCAA or NBA title that does something epic to force it. Just not going to justify dropping $600 for a console with a bunch of ordinary games... I only end up playing the Sports ones for more than a few hours anyway these days!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:05 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll probably cave in for a ps4 sometime during the fall which is when the catelog really starts to grow.

September - Destiny
October - Alien Isolation, DA: Inquisition, Middle Earth:SOM, Evolve, The Evil Within, Battlefield, AC: Unity
November - COD, Far Cry 4
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
**** Halo... I still refuse to support that franchise until they make a new Myth game first. That awfully mundane FPS was the death of the best RTS ever and I'm still bitter!

I genuinely didn't like Halo though either so it was even worse.

I'm excited for several of the titles, not enough to buy a console or anything, I made a vow to not buy a console until there is a Madden, NCAA or NBA title that does something epic to force it. Just not going to justify dropping $600 for a console with a bunch of ordinary games... I only end up playing the Sports ones for more than a few hours anyway these days!
Get out. Get out meow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
I'll probably cave in for a ps4 sometime during the fall which is when the catelog really starts to grow.

September - Destiny
October - Alien Isolation, DA: Inquisition, Middle Earth:SOM, Evolve, The Evil Within, Battlefield, AC: Unity
November - COD, Far Cry 4
Multiplats ftw!

Also EE Bloodborne confirmed to be the spiritual successor to Demon Souls. eeek!

Impressions of it
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/9...-2014--eyes-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 06-11-2014 at 11:03 AM.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:06 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Yeah that's one of the main reasons why I'm not getting an xbox one all those games will come to PC anyways. I'll probably pick up a PS4 by the end of this year possibly.
I wouldn't say all, but a fair share of them have a chance at making it at some point down the line. Fable Legends is probably a given if Lionhead stays in business long enough after release. Platinum has said multiple times that they want to release more of their games on PC, so Scalebound would make some sense as well.

Shoot, even the Halo guys said that there's "no reason" the Master Chief collection can't make it's way to PC. I still very much doubt that one happens, but Microsoft is kind of singing a different tune on the PC side lately with Valve pushing for Linux. The DirectX 12 announcement a few months back shows that they still want the control they've traditionally maintained over that space. They'll have to do more to keep it now, which is good for everyone.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-11-2014, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be surprised if the MC collection went to the PC anytime soon tbh, just because MS is going to hope that will push consoles for them. I just want that game ******* now, right now. I wont need anything else...until Arkham Knight or Bloodborne (which is sounding like DMC + Demon souls + next gen graphics. drool).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see MC Collection going to PC anytime soon, it's one of their big system sellers.

Edit: for that matter games like Scalebound, Quantum Break, and Sunset Overdrive are 90% XB1 exclusives.

Last edited by Bulldogs : 06-11-2014 at 11:23 AM.
Bulldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:21 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post

Also EE Bloodborne confirmed to be the spiritual successor to Demon Souls. eeek!

Impressions of it
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/9...-2014--eyes-on
Yeah, everything I've seen about it just sounds fantastic. Doesn't look like they'll be showing the gameplay to the public at any point due to the framerate. It's a shame that they couldn't cut together some sort of trailer anyway.

The entire Gothic horror theme just suites the series perfectly. Love that people are talking about a Resident Evil 4 vibe and enemies doing more than sitting there waiting to aggro. The Japanese magazine leaked talked about dangerous enemies dynamically roaming around the entire city and hiding down back allies to get away from them. In the original Dark Souls, Black Knights were supposed to do the same thing, showing up at the worst possible time. Actually getting that concept implemented would be so awesome.

Love that turtling is effectively dead. I hope shield make their way into the game in some way or another, but discouraging people from relying on them as much as they traditionally have is an excellent way to evolve the gameplay.

The framerate thing is pretty concerning though. That's not the first person I've heard to mention that the graphics are absolutely mindblowing. That's fantastic, but coming from a company that brought us 10 FPS Blighttown, I'm not thrilled about framerate being an issue this far along in development.

Either way, everyone who has seen it is absolutely raving about it in spite of the framerate issues. They're not talking about it a whole ton yet, but the snippets about the online stuff sounds like it has the chance to be pretty crazy. The scenario they mentioned seemed to imply that it might work like Journey, meeting people dynamically along the way. Curious to see how that would be implemented, but the idea has a ton of potential.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-11-2014, 11:26 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I'd be surprised if the MC collection went to the PC anytime soon tbh, just because MS is going to hope that will push consoles for them. I just want that game ******* now, right now. I wont need anything else...until Arkham Knight or Bloodborne (which is sounding like DMC + Demon souls + next gen graphics. drool).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I don't see MC Collection going to PC anytime soon, it's one of their big system sellers.
Yeah, I don't really think it's particularly realistic either(especially in any sort of reasonable time frame), but the fact that they're even talking about it is a good sign for PC gamers.

Microsoft can't just sit back and control the PC gaming platform without actually doing anything now. A lot of people(myself included) thought that they didn't really care anymore and that they were going to let Valve do what they want, but there's been things in the past few months that suggest that's clearly not the case.

Also, fresh(ish) info on Bloodborne online mechanics

Quote:
Some fresh details from Marty Hess, a journalist who saw live gameplay demo of Bloodborne: "Just saw Bloodborne gameplay. Believe that hype — more combat variety, crazy enemy design, and looks INCREDIBLE." he tweeted.

There's also some information about Bloodborne in the latest issue of Famitsu magazine: "From what people who read the leaked Famitsu have said it’s going to be kind of a side game to the Souls series and more low fantasy compared to high fantasy."

"They are replacing magic with gadgets, guns and such. Main mechanic seems to be related to blood and blood is also used to regain your HP and gain various other benefits."

"You get blood sucking it from corpses or items. Sucking too much blood will turn you into a beast which I suppose is this game’s Soul/Hollow form. The game will apparently become a lot harder to play/control when in beast mode. To become a human again you need human blood and is where the online component comes into play," reads the details from Famitsu as translated by NeoGaf user.
That sounds so awesome. Someone else had mentioned something about hunting down players who turned into "beasts". The dude who gets the coup de grace in the trailer looked like half human. Becoming more powerful(but maybe harder to control or something) but having to deal with other players trying to kill you sounds like such a cool idea for a mechanic.

That sort of integration of the world/story directly into the mechanics is something the love to do too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 06-11-2014 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:02 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Guns Up looks fun as ****.
http://www.gamespot.com/videos/e3-20.../2300-6419603/

Gameplay starts 2-3 minutes or so in. Reminds me of General Chaos.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:44 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

General Chaos is what I instantly thought of when I saw that game yesterday. One of my favorite games on the Genesis. I still have my copy in storage with the console.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:51 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TitanFall their supposed most popular exclusive last year came to pc day of, but either way I never get games release day anyways.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:54 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
General Chaos is what I instantly thought of when I saw that game yesterday. One of my favorite games on the Genesis. I still have my copy in storage with the console.
Guns Up looks really deep. People can attack each other's bases. The neat thing that each "base" is a level designed by the defender. And you can go back and watch the replay when someone attacks your base, so you know what is and isn't working in your defensive setup.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
TitanFall their supposed most popular exclusive last year came to pc day of, but either way I never get games release day anyways.
TF is a different story though, we knew that was PC from the get go.