Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-12-2014, 10:56 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Is demon souls free on PSN?
Not sure about the exact details, but starting on the 18th it will be for like a month or something.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome, I have two friends with PS3s theyll let me borrow. I'm toats starting it this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:55 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice!

I'm picking it up to PVP during the rush of new players. If you need help with a boss or something, I may be able to put down a summon sign.

I would advise going into it knowing that it's slightly less refined than Dark Souls is though. I go back and forth over which I enjoyed more, but I wonder what the perspective of someone who played it after Dark Souls would be. The art design is fantastic, but it's a bit of an ugly game technically, especially compared to Dark Souls. You won't ever get the cheap knockoff feeling you do with Dark Souls II though. Especially with the bosses. Demon's Souls arguably had better bosses, even.

Oh, and gameplay leaks up in this ************.

http://a.pomf.se/yddnwi.webm

Same stuff from the old WebM's....which means it old footage. Likely meant for the false start TGS reveal last year. It's tough to tell, but the graphics don't quite look as good as the brief bit we saw at E3. They might still be adapting to some sort of upgrade they were able to do.

Still, it looks phenomenal. Love that we see the protag using different sorts of weapons, as I was a little concerned about the constraints of the setting. We see big ******* axes though, so I'm good. A From Software Action RPG without a greatsword(specifically the Claymore) just isn't right. Blocking, dual wielding, and two handing are also still things, which is nice.

Love the art direction and the music. Wish they had shown this at E3, even if my theory about upgraded graphics is true.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 06-13-2014 at 08:42 AM.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Nice!

I'm picking it up to PVP during the rush of new players. If you need help with a boss or something, I may be able to put down a summon sign.

I would advise going into it knowing that it's slightly less refined than Dark Souls is though. I go back and forth over which I enjoyed more, but I wonder what the perspective of someone who played it after Dark Souls would be. The art design is fantastic, but it's a bit of an ugly game technically, especially compared to Dark Souls. You won't ever get the cheap knockoff feeling you do with Dark Souls II though. Especially with the bosses. Demon's Souls arguably had better bosses, even.

Oh, and gameplay leaks up in this ************.

http://a.pomf.se/yddnwi.webm

Same stuff from the old WebM's....which means it old footage. Likely meant for the false start TGS reveal last year. It's tough to tell, but the graphics don't quite look as good as the brief bit we saw at E3. They might still be adapting to some sort of upgrade they were able to do.

Still, it looks phenomenal. Love that we see the protag using different sorts of weapons, as I was a little concerned about the constraints of the setting. We see big ******* axes though, so I'm good. A From Software Action RPG without a greatsword(specifically the Claymore) just isn't right. Blocking, dual wielding, and two handing are also still things, which is nice.

Love the art direction and the music. Wish they had shown this at E3, even if my theory about upgraded graphics is true.
Thanks man. I am a bit of an ego guy when I play this game, so I have a strict no summoning policy (I actually have never summoned in DS1 or 2), especially when it comes to bosses. I actually was surprised to hear how many people summon help for bosses in these games, especially on the DS board when DS2 came out. I personally love doing it all myself, the only boss I didn't beat in DS2 was darklurker and that was due to running out of effigies (I used a ton sun broing for the sun sword). With that said, i am quite excited to play another souls game before the new one comes out.

Also I am so excited for Bloodborne. You best not disappear again when it comes out EE, I need someone hardcore to talk about it with besides my roommate.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"X-Box On B*itch."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/people...160607262.html

Quote:
The new Xbox One commercial has some unexpected consequences.
The ad features "Breaking Bad" star Aaron Paul using the Xbox One's voice controls to play a game, powering on the Xbox with a "Xbox on" command.

The problem is, the Xbox One sitting in people's living rooms actively listens for the very voice commands in the commercial. The result? The commercial is booting up people's Xbox One without their permission.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Well they should have their cable running through their xbox so its on anyway. duh. TVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTV

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-13-2014, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-14-2014, 05:59 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Playing Hardline beta. It's kinda fun, but there's no way it'd hold my interest. If it was just another mode for BF4, it'd be great.
Old 06-14-2014, 06:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lmaoooooo that has me cracking up

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:14 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

So my girlfriend's brother got into the Destiny Alpha. We were at her parents house for a good bit today and I ended up playing a ton.

...It's a very, very weird game. I wrote the bones of another post about it already before I gave up trying to describe it. Most of the labels you've heard about it are fairly accurate...but putting it in those terms is pretty reductive. "Borderlands mixed with Halo" isn't wrong, but it does't quite cover it all.

It's one of those things you kind of have to play to understand. That's not to say it all works. Some of the things they're doing together shouldn't work, but don't totally fall on their faces either. I can definitely see why Bungie is having a hard time communicating just what the game is and what makes it fun. As I said, I'm not sure it's something that's going to completely live up to the hype...but it's certainly better than they've been able to sell. Moved it up from "interested, but expecting it to fail" back to just interested.

I didn't play enough of the mutliplayer to get a 100% solid read on it, but I think there's some pretty fundamental balance things they're going to have to work out. I'm not sure if this is the way it actually works, but it feels like you have a massive advantage depending on the gear you're using. They're doing things to balance out the level differences and some of the gear stuff for sure, but some players are just going to flat out have better weapons and armor.

PVE is is better, but you can really tell this is an odd slice of the game they've given. There's barely any exposition or setup, which frames the entire thing poorly. NPC's don't really have a ton to stay at this stage and the hub world feels a little lifeless. Hearing Tyrion Lannister deliver corny lines about space wizards from the moon is pretty ******* great though.

All and all, it's something I really respect. It might not work out, but it would have been very easy for Bungie to phone it in and try to launch a more basic FPS game. This is something different, for better or worse.

Quote:

Also I am so excited for Bloodborne. You best not disappear again when it comes out EE, I need someone hardcore to talk about it with besides my roommate.
Hah, I'll be around. I've been more active than usual lately, but I don't think I'll ever truly be rid of this place lol. Too many people I still enjoy talking with.

Also, having spent my first real hands on time with a next-gen console today, I have to say that I'm really unimpressed. Not trying to ruffle any feathers, but I built my brother a PC a few months back for about $550(could easily shave off $100). Games look a ton better on it and run at a higher framerate. The 360 and the PS3 were major leaps forward and blew equivalently/closely priced PC's out of the water when they were launched. The Xbox One and the PS4 are essentially glorified laptops.

It's ****** all around for everyone, both for consoles and PC.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 06-14-2014 at 11:26 PM.
Old 06-15-2014, 01:12 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DG just showed me this gif.

Every. Single. Summer. Hope y'all are ready.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 02:08 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm ready to buy 10 more games I'll never play.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lots of postive talk from the Destiny Alpha, not so much from the Battlefield Hardline beta.

I bought Outlast. Thought it'd be a fun game to play after midnight with the lights off, but its ******* with me. Maybe I'm just being a *****.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Street Fighter 4 Arcade and Charlie Murder are both free on Games With Gold. Honestly I'm enjoying Charlie Murder more.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:31 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Lots of postive talk from the Destiny Alpha, not so much from the Battlefield Hardline beta.

I bought Outlast. Thought it'd be a fun game to play after midnight with the lights off, but its ******* with me. Maybe I'm just being a *****.
I mean, you saw everything from Hardline during the E3 presentation. It's worth playing the beta for free because it is kinda fun, but there's no lasting appeal.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:13 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going to go pick up UFC in a minute. I'm a sucker for fighting games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:08 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have found the Hardline beta to be a lot of fun. Plays like GTA Online on crack. They need show a lot more content to charge full price. Its basically a mod.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:45 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thinking I might have to cave and get Madden this year. Haven't bought a football game in 3 years and haven't bought a Madden game in 4 or 5. I just need a football game and this one looks so pretty, I think I can deal with it being okay-good if it means I get a current football game

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:46 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I have found the Hardline beta to be a lot of fun. Plays like GTA Online on crack. They need show a lot more content to charge full price. Its basically a mod.
Yeah, it really is just a mod for BF4. I can't believe they're going to charge full price for it... They should have just made it an expansion for BF4. It'd sell a lot better that way.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

MS buying capcom possibly. Interesting....

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-19-2014, 01:50 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Nothing hard attached to that.

I actually really doubt Microsoft would be interested in putting up a competitive offer. They certainly have the cash, but Capcom just isn't a very good fit for them. Capcom's most valuable franchise right now is Monster Hunter, which is a strictly Japanese phenomenon. Not only that, it's mostly a portable thing. Those are two areas Microsoft doesn't have any sort of presence in. I don't think they have the desire to change that on either front.

Sony is out entirely. Playstation continues to make money, but the rest of the company is in a hole that gets deeper every day. Even if they could muster up the cash, it would be a hard sell to shareholders who are less than pleased with them right now.

Other Japaneses publishers are out too. Capcom is probably in better shape right now than a lot of them are, even. Hard times for everyone over there.

Nintendo is the only real possibility I see. They're still sitting on all the money they made with the Wii. They're bleeding it slowly with the Wii U, but there's enough there to make a big acquisition if they want to. They've even mentioned recently that they're open to spending money if they want to. They're in need of content, and most of Capcom's franchises have deep ties to Nintendo in one way or another.

...I still don't think they do it. It's just not their style.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-19-2014, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Meh DMC, Street fighter, Megaman (come on capcom stop ******* around and give us a 16 bit megaman X sequel.) are some serious titles to have as exclusives for any system.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-19-2014, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see Microsoft pulling the trigger. Would be cool though.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:01 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I hope Nintendo does it.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:23 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Meh DMC, Street fighter, Megaman (come on capcom stop ******* around and give us a 16 bit megaman X sequel.) are some serious titles to have as exclusives for any system.
Out of those three, Street Fighter is the only thing there that really makes a ton of money these days. Devil May Cry did extremely poorly it's last time out and Capcom hasn't been able to make money with Mega Man in over a decade.

...not that those franchises don't have their value. They just won't be the reason anyone buys Capcom. Monster Hunter, Street Fighter, and Resident Evil(which still makes sells, but won't for very much longer if there aren't major changes) are the main financial draws.

Monster Hunter is probably the biggest one there. The latest version sold 4.1 million copies in Japan alone inside of a year. It's global appeal has proven to be pretty limited, but it pretty much prints money in Japan.

I really don't think anything is imminent. I'm sure Microsoft and others would like to pick at the bones THQ style if Capcom were to totally go out, but that's not going to happen overnight.

R.I.P. Junior Seau