Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-19-2014, 02:35 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*Capcom hasn't made a Mega Man game in over a decade.

Seriously, I hope Nintendo picks up Capcom. They make great platformers, and would be able to produce Mega Man games again. They also have a major interest int he Monster Hunter franchise as it's a system seller for both Wii (U) and (3)DS.

MH's global appeal isn't great because Japanese Publishers still assume (after 30 ******* years of that assumption being wrong) that Americans/Europeans don't like or can't comprehend games that Japanese like. MH4 has been out in Japan for awhile now, but they still haven't brought it over here. It's incredibly dumb.

Last edited by nepg : 06-19-2014 at 02:39 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Megaman could make them money, absolutely. They just refuse to make one. Megaman universe was an amazing premise and there was a huge following behind Legends 3 prior to them canning it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:49 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
*Capcom hasn't made a Mega Man game in over a decade.

Seriously, I hope Nintendo picks up Capcom. They make great platformers, and would be able to produce Mega Man games again. They also have a major interest int he Monster Hunter franchise as it's a system seller for both Wii (U) and (3)DS.
I'm probably going out on a limb here, but I'm more interested in trying to evolve the franchise rather than cheap plays at nostalgia. Something along the lines of the New Super Mario Bros games would be pretty cool, but I actually thought the cancelled Maverick Hunter game looked more in line with what they would need to truly revive the franchise and move things forward.

Quote:
MH's global appeal isn't great because Japanese Publishers still assume (after 30 ******* years of that assumption being wrong) that Americans/Europeans don't like or can't comprehend games that Japanese like. MH4 has been out in Japan for awhile now, but they still haven't brought it over here. It's incredibly dumb.
I don't think that's the case. Capcom has made earnest attempts at getting the franchise going here, but it just hasn't caught on the way it has in Japan. I wouldn't be rushing to get the game to North America if I were them either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:09 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm probably going out on a limb here, but I'm more interested in trying to evolve the franchise rather than cheap plays at nostalgia. Something along the lines of the New Super Mario Bros games would be pretty cool, but I actually thought the cancelled Maverick Hunter game looked more in line with what they would need to truly revive the franchise and move things forward.
No thanks on Maverick Hunter. But there's no reason they couldn't have multiple Megaman franchises going at once. There's plenty of content for it.

A "New SMB" type of Mega Man could be done, the Legends series could be continued, and other spin-off like the Mega Man Zero games for GBA could be done. Mega Man is a huge franchise.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah i too think mega man could be a fine source of money for them. Mega man 9 and 10 retro remakes sold pretty well if I recall and were awesome games. Ive been dying for them to do the same thing with the X franchise.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I'd also be willing to bet that most of the poor sales for the new DMC were due to the awful reboot design of Dante. Maybe. Idk I just think if they actually tried to create a mega man game fans would come out for it. Its been awhile.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-19-2014, 03:34 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bought my son a PS3 and Madden 25 for his 10th birthday. I am unimpressed with the new Dynasty mode, or as they call it "Connected Franchise". I miss how you could take your new draft picks through training camp and improve players by way of skill drills.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

People really need to stop buying Madden.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-19-2014, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Madden pretty much peaked in 05 and 06 in the ps2/xbox era. Man those were awesome games.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:04 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No thanks on Maverick Hunter. But there's no reason they couldn't have multiple Megaman franchises going at once. There's plenty of content for it.

A "New SMB" type of Mega Man could be done, the Legends series could be continued, and other spin-off like the Mega Man Zero games for GBA could be done. Mega Man is a huge franchise.
I do agree with that.

From what was released of Maverick Hunters, I wasn't completely sold...but it was a bold move. That's what's needed to truly make Mega Man a relevant franchise again. If anyone could have done it, it would have been the guys who did Metroid Prime.

If you guys are really salivating for more 2D Mega Man, you should check out Shovel Knight.

The influence is pretty clear. I'm pretty pumped about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I'd also be willing to bet that most of the poor sales for the new DMC were due to the awful reboot design of Dante. Maybe. Idk I just think if they actually tried to create a mega man game fans would come out for it. Its been awhile.
DMC wasn't a totally bad game, but yeah, people absolutely did not like the new protagonist. I gave it an honest chance, but Donte was an obnoxious character designed to appeal to obnoxious people. Ninja Theory even had the gall to call the characters and plot "Shakespearean". You can't make that up.

The gameplay and the stage design were pretty cool though, particularly the latter of the two.

But yeah, point being is that neither of those two franchises are at the top of their game. They're not totally devoid of potential going forward, but they're more of a throw in for someone rather than something they would want to structure a deal around.

Also, NFL 2K5 is still the best football game ever made. They were getting better and better with each release. Cheaper too. 2K5 was $19.99 on release. Pretty easy to see why EA wanted to crush that. Especially when you consider that 2K has essentially crushed them with their basketball games.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:12 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I mean, the only reason Mega Man isn't a "relevant" franchise is because Capcom hasn't developed any games for it in literally forever. They adamantly refuse to - it's baffling. It's been 6-12 years depending how relevant you think some releases are.

Mighty No. 9 is essentially Mega Man. It's developed by the creator of Mega Man (he tried to get permission to use Mega Man from Capcom for the game).

Last edited by nepg : 06-19-2014 at 04:17 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Also, NFL 2K5 is still the best football game ever made. They were getting better and better with each release. Cheaper too. 2K5 was $19.99 on release. Pretty easy to see why EA wanted to crush that. Especially when you consider that 2K has essentially crushed them with their basketball games.
I want another 2K NFL game so bad... I have been playing the hell out of NBA 2K14 lately and basketball isn't even really my thing.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

They really should embrace the free mod community of the internet and release another football game with editing tools (or, hell, just Football 2k5). Sell it for digital purchase for $20 and people would buy the **** out of it. In particular, PC users would be all over it as we don't have any football options.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:50 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
they'd still get sued (see: ncaa/ea sports). why end up in court over a game that won't sell well enough to cover the legal fees? i mean, as much as i wish it were true, the vast majority of people who buy madden are ******* morons, and they don't care about the quality of the game.
You can't get sued if you release a game with completely generic teams and players. They don't even need to release the game with any players or teams or stadiums.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can't get sued if you release a game with completely generic teams and players. They don't even need to release the game with any players or teams or stadiums.
Yeah, I remember purchasing a terrible 2k8 football game chasing a football fix. It had some famous NFL stars who had retired in it.

Discs of NCAA 14 are suppose to gain value as time goes on, hold on to them if anyone has one.

I always thought it played better than Madden. Maybe it was just a placebo.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:58 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

NCAA 2004 is the best football game. I do agree that NCAA plays better than Madden. Not as many gimmicks to try to get you to buy the game every year.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:24 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buying Capcom could potentially be huge for Microsoft. Could open up Japan to the Xbox One.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would literally kill any number of you for a Megaman game on the X1.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that I look at it I think the Amiibo idea could be genius depending on how it is implemented.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:30 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanna play Cuphead. Yes I do.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
Now that I look at it I think the Amiibo idea could be genius depending on how it is implemented.
Thanks for the insight Broth. It's not like we've seen two other companies make a **** load of cash from the same premise recently!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:50 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Thanks for the insight Broth. It's not like we've seen two other companies make a **** load of cash from the same premise recently!
The difference between amiibo and skylanders and Disney infinity at least how it seems to be presented by nintendo is that amiibo expands the experience over multiple series of games. Skylanders and infinity are only applicable for one game franchise which makes them much more lame. But if they for example add the capability to add a favorite character to Mario Kart as well as Mario party and SSB that would be amazing.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it will just be a less successful version of Disney/Skylanders when all is said and done.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:24 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a ps4 Destiny alpha code if anyone wants it. Amazon sent it to me even though I dont have a PS4. Maybe because I pre-ordered on at one point just. Let me know if you want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I think the alpha ended, but I could be wrong.

Quote:
Quote: