Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-26-2014, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I typically just go Metacritic then see what Neogaf has to say about it.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I typically just go Metacritic then see what Neogaf has to say about it.
A lot of those assholes at Neogaf are super biased too.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Absolutely but you do the best you can to weed them out.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Absolutely but you do the best you can to weed them out.
I quite like just checking out the threads on NFLDC. I think most people are fairly unbiased around here.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:52 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's up bitches, whose ready for Madden 15?
Old 06-26-2014, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one because it sucks.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:02 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:52 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
What's up bitches, whose ready for Madden 15?
seriously? right after getting infracted for trolling, you go right back to trolling? in the very same thread?
Old 06-27-2014, 08:07 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steam Summer Sale has been pretty underwhelming for me. I bought Just Cause 2 for like $3 which is nice. But I'm watching like 10 RTS games and none of them are hitting the big sales. Lots of dumb games that people will probably buy and never actually play.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beat Watchdogs....I don't know. 8.5/10 or an 8.

Late game spoilers

Did you guys like it? How do you compare it to GTA, Saints Row, or Sleeping Dogs?

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Steam Summer Sale has been pretty underwhelming for me. I bought Just Cause 2 for like $3 which is nice. But I'm watching like 10 RTS games and none of them are hitting the big sales. Lots of dumb games that people will probably buy and never actually play.
Steam sale has been pretty good to me. I've gotten 10 games thus far of different genres all were at least respectable discounts. Stanley's Parable has been a major winner for me. Final Fantasy VII and VIII at $4 a piece is fantastic as well IMHO. Papers please at $4 as well was oddly fun thus far.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a lot of the games already, so it hasn't been great for me yet haha.

Papers, Please is a great game though. Super fun.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Beat Watchdogs....I don't know. 8.5/10 or an 8.

Did you guys like it? How do you compare it to GTA, Saints Row, or Sleeping Dogs?
I haven't played Watch Dogs but I'm going to say Sleeping Dogs is better anyways.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:57 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gta5 > Gta4 > Watch_Dogs > Sleeping Dogs

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 04:58 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't finished Watch_Dogs yet. I'm almost done with it, but I kind of forgot about it.
Old 06-28-2014, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Gta5 > Gta4 > Watch_Dogs > Sleeping Dogs
Old 06-28-2014, 05:21 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol gtfo and play the game in question before jumping to such a wrong conclusion.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 06-28-2014, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

The only argument that can be made about GTA being better than Sleeping Dogs is the environment. Sleeping Dogs is easily better in the controls/gameplay department.
Old 06-28-2014, 05:36 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Ha that's so wrong. GTA has a better story, MUCH better driving mechanics, better maps, and better shooting. The only thing SD does better is melee combat which they stole directly from Batman. It's a mediocre game not even in the same league as GTA.

Soundtrack and graphics clearly go GTA as well.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 06-28-2014 at 05:38 PM.
Old 06-28-2014, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant believe the critical acclaim the gta series continues to get. I always get suckered into buying the new one by reviews and gamers i know amd I always end up disappointed. Just not a game i get a lot of enjoyment out of. Starting riots is the best part but that lasts like an hour or two and then im about done. I think the series would benefit from a less expansive world and a more detailed and qualitative one where every place you see if available to go into and the controls were tighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:48 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

That's more of a criticism of open world games, one that I totally agree with.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:10 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

GTA has been terrible since it was top down.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
The only argument that can be made about GTA being better than Sleeping Dogs is the environment. Sleeping Dogs is easily better in the controls/gameplay department.
Yeah I honestly laughed at the GTA > Sleeping Dogs suggestion. I'd put Watch Dogs ahead of GTA 4 & 5 too considering the theme is much more entertaining to me and it doesn't handle like a T-Rex piloting a helicopter.

That being said I think the quality of open-world style games is well below par. So either my expectations are unfairly high or developers enjoy falling into the same pitfalls repeatedly.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
That's more of a criticism of open world games, one that I totally agree with.
Yeah i guess that more fair. Why i could never get into ges like skyrim. I jist prefer top notch controls and gameplay over huge worlds in gemeral. I dont think GTA is a bad series by any means, just not an incredible one.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

With that said the witcher 3 intrigues me.

Quote:
Quote: