Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-14-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh I'm really not that excited for Destiny either. No PC version, and I can't stand FPS on console. That pretty much kills it for me. Not a big fan of Bungie as well.

Imagine if Halo didn't get bought by Microsoft, and it was a Mac exclusive. lol

Dunno why I can't get excited for Titanfall. I think a part of it is my extreme dislike of Infinity Ward. The other is probably the initial trailer from E3, which looks like they ran it from a 360. I'll have to watch some more videos, really haven't seen any lately.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 11-14-2013 at 11:43 AM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive always been a console FPS player, so I just have become assimilated to the controls. I like being able to purchase a machine and know no matter what comes out for it, I can play it without having to upgrade it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, how the hell does the PS4 have problems already when it hasnt even launched yet.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Ive always been a console FPS player, so I just have become assimilated to the controls. I like being able to purchase a machine and know no matter what comes out for it, I can play it without having to upgrade it.
Yeah, I can understand that. I've been playing FPS on PC's for so long, anything else is just weird to me. I can play third person shooters just fine on consoles, but oh god not first person.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Dead Rising 3 was one game swaying me towards Xbox One, but man all I've heard is how bad the framerate is. 20 FPS outside? That's laughable.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Capcom said it was 30, but either way yeah thats not great. Really makes me wonder what is going on when MS's first party games can't even get to 60 FPS and 1080P. Looking more and more likely like I will hold off on it and just go get Super mario World 3D on the 22nd. Force my friends to play through it with me.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-14-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't stop playing Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen. I beat the main story and now I'm just randomly exploring the Everfall location. I love not knowing what's around the next corner. I'm like "O look a giant six headed snake **** me let's kill it."
Old 11-14-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Thats pretty much exactly how I feel about the souls series. Only more after the "Lets kill it!" statement I'm like "**** lets not go that way again"

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-14-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Capcom said it was 30, but either way yeah thats not great. Really makes me wonder what is going on when MS's first party games can't even get to 60 FPS and 1080P. Looking more and more likely like I will hold off on it and just go get Super mario World 3D on the 22nd. Force my friends to play through it with me.
It's maxed out at 30 fps, but according to Digital Foundry, and I think I saw another site or two have the same complaint, that fps drops when you go outside. They said boss fights and side missions were fine, but when you went outside it drops to 20 fps with 16 being DF's recorded low.

I'd say it's more of Capcom's fault than MS, though. Dice got BF4 working at 60 fps on Xbox One I think. Both are 720p.

I can't wait for the 22nd. Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Super Mario 3D World, and Mario Party 3DS. I don't know anyone else in person who owns a Wii U, so I'll be having lots of friends wanting to Super Mario 3D World, haha.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 11-14-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I can't stop playing Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen. I beat the main story and now I'm just randomly exploring the Everfall location. I love not knowing what's around the next corner. I'm like "O look a giant six headed snake **** me let's kill it."
Is Dark Arisen DLC? Loved Dragons Dogma, but my friend has borrowed it for a while now. If there's new content, I'm going to have to get that back from him.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
It's maxed out at 30 fps, but according to Digital Foundry, and I think I saw another site or two have the same complaint, that fps drops when you go outside. They said boss fights and side missions were fine, but when you went outside it drops to 20 fps with 16 being DF's recorded low.

I'd say it's more of Capcom's fault than MS, though. Dice got BF4 working at 60 fps on Xbox One I think. Both are 720p.

I can't wait for the 22nd. Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Super Mario 3D World, and Mario Party 3DS. I don't know anyone else in person who owns a Wii U, so I'll be having lots of friends wanting to Super Mario 3D World, haha.
Is 3D world online multiplayer? I'd play with you if it is and you got it. I really want to play the new Zelda, but can't justify owning a 3DS to do so.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-14-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

To be fair BF doesn't have half the number of entities on screen as Dead rising which is what is killing the framerate.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Ive yet to see an exact number quoted from capcom, but they said they could get "thousands" of zombies on screen, which is really cool. Idk, I'm still so inbetween letting go of my preorder for now and getting Mario, or just manning up and going through with my preorder.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-14-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that the next-gen systems are starting tomorrow, what are your top 3 games from this generation? I have a hard time picking a favorite, but I think at the time of playing them it would go as follows.

1a. Mass Effect 1
1b. Demon's Souls
3. Resident Evil 4 (Wii)

I don't really know what to put at 3, but those 3 games are the only ones from this generation I played more than one time.

The difference between the top two and the rest of the games I played are HUGE. I loved Mass Effects story, I felt like it had gameplay I had never played before (for as big of a Star Wars nerd I am, I never played KOTOR).

Demon's Souls could be my #1 on any other day. I had so much fun playing that, the boss encounters were amazing and trying out different strategies made the game awesome. The challenge it presented was unlike any other.

Resident Evil 4, on the Wii, was badass. I loved being able to aim with a motion controller, I was damn good at it too.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is Dark Arisen DLC? Loved Dragons Dogma, but my friend has borrowed it for a while now. If there's new content, I'm going to have to get that back from him.
Actually Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is a re-release of the original game with new content. It has new enemies,quests,locations,character customization,weapons and armors.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Hmmmm top games from this generation? Thats really tough.

1. Bioshock/B. infinite
2. Dark Souls
3. Halo 3

Maybe thats my list.....Ugh. I have such a love/hate relationship with these types of things.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-14-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Normally it would be really difficult, but there were 3 games that really stood out for me above the rest. I haven't even beat Dark Souls yet but I am working on it.

Something about Demon's Souls made it so I couldn't put it down... Dark Souls I don't feel the same way about even though I really like it.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 11-14-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Early on

Dead Space
Gears of War
Red Dead Redemption

Underrated three

Bulletstorm
Lord of the Rings War in the North
Red Faction Armageddon

Cross Plat

Uncharted 2
Last of Us
Far Cry 3
Old 11-14-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Uncharted was probably the closest game for me to put at 3 instead of RE4.

Gears of War was good early on for sure, never really liked Rock Star games so I can't say I appreciated Red Dead... Dead Space is my biggest regret of not playing this generation.

Still haven't played the Last of Us :[

Old 11-14-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

1.The Last of Us
2.Mass Effect 2
3.Uncharted 2
Old 11-14-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Is 3D world online multiplayer? I'd play with you if it is and you got it. I really want to play the new Zelda, but can't justify owning a 3DS to do so.
Bah unfortunately it doesn't have online multiplayer. I can kind of understand why. 4 players in New Super Mario Bros. was disastrous without any kind of cooperation. Although, I suppose the gamepads do have microphones built in.

To me, the 3DS is totally worth owning. It's been my second most played platform after my PC for a while now.

That's true about DR3's amount of zombies. They seem to be too ambitious, because these frame rate drops sound terrible.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dragon Age: Origins, Halo 3, Gears of War and Mass Effect. Definitely the four I've put the most time into. Doing a play through of DA:O atm. Arcane Warrior ftmfw.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

1. Mass Effect 2
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Gears of War

barely missed the cut: Metal Gear Solid 4, Pokemon X/Y

ME and Gears quickly became my new favorite franchises of this generation. Loved the story in ME, gameplay improved as the series went on.

Gears of War franchise had great multiplayer and in my opinion the best co-op games around.

I had more fun with Super Mario Galaxy than almost any other game out there.

Most Overrated:
1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Uncharted series

Yeah, I said it!

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 11-14-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Super Mario Galaxy would be in my top 5 for sure. Game was outrageously good, so much fun.

Old 11-14-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite are both games that almost made my list. While I enjoyed Uncharted series, and as I said I think its overrated, I felt like Last of Us did what Uncharted did well, but also much improved what it didn't do well. I thought Uncharted had a poor story and narrative along with mediocre level design. The Last of Us improves on all those aspects greatly.

Sig by Hitman D.