Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-15-2013, 08:04 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So just realized that you can have access to all your games on any xbox one so long as youre signed into your account. Which means if you and your friends all just share your account info, you can all play each others games for free (of course you'd have to schedule when someone is playing one if you want to play it). Not half as awesome as the ten person family plan which allowed up to ten people to play your games at any time, but still thats just about more awesome than borrowing someones game, which was a problem for some to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also EE, since youve been playing have you gotten anytime with the dual swordsmen in DS2? On Ign's live stream dual wielding weapons with that class looks rather efficient. Try it out at all yet?

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:10 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Also EE, since youve been playing have you gotten anytime with the dual swordsmen in DS2? On Ign's live stream dual wielding weapons with that class looks rather efficient. Try it out at all yet?
So unfortunately, it wasn't a beta. It was a three hour network test. I was only able to get into the last one. Wasn't able to dig out a key early like some people were.

That said, I did play for the entire three hour period and tried out the Dual Swordsman. It wasn't where I spent the majority of the time, but yeah. It really does feel like it's much more viable, especially if you pump points into agility. If you hold triangle, you enter a "Power Stance". Your R1 and R2 stay the same, but your L1 and L2 turn into entirely new dual wield attacks. Didn't spend enough time with it to say for sure, but it seemed like they were both quicker than regular attacks and did more appreciably more damage. I'm not sure how long this will stick around, but it's also WAY easier to stunlock things than it used to be. With the quickness of dual wielding, that really becomes a major asset.

Most of my time was spent playing Warrior and Temple Knight. Warrior was pretty fun. Came equipped with a ring that allowed you to be automatically summoned be someone who was invaded. It was related to some sort of covenant. Had some fun times helping hosts out. I got a pretty sweet plunging attack for a kill once, which felt pretty damn great.

I really wish I got to spend more time with it. I mostly played co-op. Got to the first boss a few times with random groups, but I wasn't able to get the kill. I was a little too tentative when I was playing. It's weird how the game is both insanely familiar and very different at the same time. Got me into trouble a few times. I had that "first time playing a Souls game" fear thing going on though, which honestly felt pretty fantastic.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BF4 looked just like the 360 version on my PS4. A little disappointed. But the gameplay is top notch as always.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Its going to take time before developers start getting the hang of these systems down, just like last gen. That said, the leap in graphics is probably going to stay rather miniscule from last generation.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-15-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
and yet millions of lemmings will still buy it, effectively telling EA that no one cares how ****** they make the game as long as the names are right.

and disagree. just going to 1080p on the ps4 should be very, very noticeable.
Meh, it hasn't on the games thus far that Ive seen. (ghosts, BF4)

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-15-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Disagree about it taking time. Both of the new systems are x86 platforms. I'm sure they'll be able to scrape out additional power from them as time goes on, but it shouldn't take long for them to figure these things out initially.

1080p vs 720(even upscaled) makes a huge difference for me. I can see some pretty clear differences in games on the newer platforms already.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Meh, it hasn't on the games thus far that Ive seen. (ghosts, BF4)
BF4 isn't 1080p on either PS4 or Xbox One. Ghosts is 720p on Xbox and 1080p on PS4. So if you're playing Xbox One versions, that's why :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
If there's any issue I'll just get it repaired, really looking forward to picking it up next week. I'm also surprised with the ME2 love here, thought it was the worst (still great) of the series.
I think ME2 had the weakest story of the 3, but it's still awesome. Putting together a crew for a suicide mission was badass. There needed to be more missions like ME2's final mission, dividing up your crew in to groups and such.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 11-15-2013 at 12:07 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
BF4 isn't 1080p on either PS4 or Xbox One. Ghosts is 720p on Xbox and 1080p on PS4. So if you're playing Xbox One versions, that's why :p

I think ME2 had the weakest story of the 3, but it's still awesome. Putting together a crew for a suicide mission was badass. There needed to be more missions like ME2's final mission, dividing up your crew in to groups and such.
That would be why for BF, Ghosts tho are very comparable between the systems from what Ive seen of comparison charts. Idk, I'll have a better idea when I get my hands on one of them and have a look first hand as opposed to seeing it online. Just hasn't overly impressed me thus far.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-15-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That would be why for BF, Ghosts tho are very comparable between the systems from what Ive seen of comparison charts. Idk, I'll have a better idea when I get my hands on one of them and have a look first hand as opposed to seeing it online. Just hasn't overly impressed me thus far.
Activision admitted they "unintentionally" gimped the PS4 version that was given to reviewers. A Day one patch made the game run at 1080p rather than 720p.

Quote:
According to a representative from Activision...
“Call of Duty: Ghosts runs natively at 1080p on the PlayStation 4,"... “"There was a configuration issue in the retail version on single-player mode only. This has been addressed with a day one software update. People will be able to download the day one update when PlayStation 4 launches in their territory and play at native 1080p."
Keep in mind the only way you'll ever see the difference is if you see both with your own eyes OR you watch a 1080p stream of PS4 and compare it to the XB1 version.

Last edited by Trogdor : 11-15-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When it comes to gameplay I think both Mass Effect 2 and 3 are easily better than Mass Effect. That said I played 2 and 3 first so the flaws that 2 and 3 improved upon jumped out at me more.

It's still one of my favorite series ever. I can't wait for the next one.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
When it comes to gameplay I think both Mass Effect 2 and 3 are easily better than Mass Effect. That said I played 2 and 3 first so the flaws that 2 and 3 improved upon jumped out at me more.

It's still one of my favorite series ever. I can't wait for the next one.
You are correct good sir. My favorite overall would be the 2nd. Story wise though ME1 is a much better game.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
You are correct good sir. My favorite overall would be the 2nd. Story wise though ME1 is a much better game.
Yeah I think I liked 2 better because of the gameplay. Chasing Saren was pretty freaking awesome.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never get why companies never release more consoles on launch day when they sell out that quickly.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I never get why companies never release more consoles on launch day when they sell out that quickly.
To hype the exclusivity people cherish upon getting a day one system I suppose

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-15-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know a guy who bought 400 units of ps4s and is now selling them for 600 a piece, reselling for more should convince sony to release more at launch date because this **** happens.

Old 11-15-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

How the **** do you get ahold of 400 units? The ****?

And just saw the first next gen Madden video. Jesus christ this looks like PS2 graphics, but maybe my stream is bad.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/11/15...efs-vs-broncos

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-15-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come on...that has to be bull ****. Dropping 160k on PS4s?
Old 11-15-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know a guy who bought 400 units of ps4s and is now selling them for 600 a piece, reselling for more should convince sony to release more at launch date because this **** happens.
I doubt he got that many but I sold a couple for $620. Only problem is that you had to preorder back in June and having your money locked up for 5-6 months takes away some profit percentage. Amazon made sure you only bought 1 and they were one of the few that don't make you pay until it ships. Target, best buy, Toys r us, Sears, and Sony all made you pay for the console to preorder. Gamestop made you put in a deposit and I am not sure with Walmart. Having $160,000 locked up for 6 months and not being able to get the return until launch day would suck. I would prefer something more liquid which is why they do the preorders so early I guess. Plus, ebay put up that rule where you could only sell 1 preorder ever 30 days so that guy had to make 400 ebay accounts. haha Unless he waited until today to flood the market with all of the ones he has.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 11-15-2013 at 03:15 PM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dual wielding would be huge for me in DS2. I'm a dual wield *****

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
So Madden apparently blows for the next gen, who would have guessed?
Haha, that's great. The jump from the previous generation ruined Madden and it took them a good 6-7 years to finally approach similar/decent gameplay. Time to restart and hope for a decent game in 4-5 years.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

i dunno this guy has a lot of connections so i wouldn't doubt he has a lot waiting to be sold

Old 11-15-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i dunno this guy has a lot of connections so i wouldn't doubt he has a lot waiting to be sold
That could be it but then that would eat into his profit a lot. It would then be more worth it to have put your $160,000 in Apple stock 6 months ago.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey bantx you should not be lame and play Day Z with us some time. Like say, 7:30 tonight.

Gonna raid Sector B with a Flying Fortress
Old 11-15-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Hey bantx you should not be lame and play Day Z with us some time. Like say, 7:30 tonight.

Gonna raid Sector B with a Flying Fortress
Wish I could but I'm moving tonight and won't have internet until tuesday for my gaming rig need to get a wireless adapter :C no more hard wire into my pc.