Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-17-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone feel like prices drop on video games super fast? It's almost not worth it to buy games when they are released because they drop within a month. I just got gta v for $30 and I'm sure it will be lower on black friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PC = master race, everything else pales in comparison.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so with dead rising getting about scores I'd imagine, saying its fun/good but nothing special without any longevity to it, I may end up going with Ghosts (ugh) or BF3, just because I know that at least I'll have alot of game to play. Ugh Idk maybe I just wont get a game with the xbox until something more worthwhile comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Does anyone feel like prices drop on video games super fast? It's almost not worth it to buy games when they are released because they drop within a month. I just got gta v for $30 and I'm sure it will be lower on black friday.
Oh yeah, I very rarely buy a game at launch for full price unless I REALLY am excited about it and want it. Even then, I still often wait.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I spent 4 hours last night watching youtube videos of video game easter eggs. Well worth the less than 2 hours of sleep I got

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Oh yeah, I very rarely buy a game at launch for full price unless I REALLY am excited about it and want it. Even then, I still often wait.
Only time I do it is if it's a big release with a limited/collector's edition cuz I like collecting all the stuff they give you. I love my Alduin statuette.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone here ever experienced YOLD on a fat ps3? Also has anyone successfully restored it from that point? I've watched a lot of videos online of how to fix it but it seems 50/50 at best in the comments whether or not it works.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
so with dead rising getting about scores I'd imagine, saying its fun/good but nothing special without any longevity to it, I may end up going with Ghosts (ugh) or BF3, just because I know that at least I'll have alot of game to play. Ugh Idk maybe I just wont get a game with the xbox until something more worthwhile comes out.
Dead Rising and Dead Rising 2 actually scored worse so I'm not worried at all. If you like that kind of game, it'll be an enjoyable experience. The psychopath battles in Dead Rising are god tier.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Game reviews have become horribly unreliable in the recent past. Like, terrifyingly inaccurate. Gamespot used to put up some really great and balanced reviews, but they've been absolute dog **** the last 6 months or so.

They gave Forced a 5 because it was too hard... Most people I've heard from love the challenge of Forced because it was very rewarding (a la Dark Souls). If you're too much of a ***** to get through a game that isn't super easy, you're not good enough at gaming to have an opinion on games. GS also gave the DuckTales remaster a 4.5 because it was shallow...he gave it negative marks for being true to the NES version. Completely ********. It's impossible to get reliable information from these guys anymore. Really seems like they're (they as in most sites) selling their scores to the highest bidder these days.

Last edited by nepg : 11-18-2013 at 07:22 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So AC4 is amazing and all I want to do all day is raid other ships.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched some of the reviews for the Xbox launch games, including Killer Instinct. So one of the big name launch titles is a 2d fighter with 6 characters that looks like a prettier version of the original KI. Welcome to next gen gaming...

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:05 AM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Watched some of the reviews for the Xbox launch games, including Killer Instinct. So one of the big name launch titles is a 2d fighter with 6 characters that looks like a prettier version of the original KI. Welcome to next gen gaming...
At 34 I grew up with the evolution of gaming. This is the first time the jump in technology has been so minimal and that I've had no inclination to want to upgrade. Hell my PS3 does much more than a PS4 and my favorite game will never be on the PS4 (NCAA series) so really no need to upgrade for a long time. It was a big mistake on Sony's part not to offer backwards compatibility like they did with the original PS3's while they build a library of games.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I don't get the lack of backwards compatibility. Is it really that much to ask for?

Old 11-19-2013, 10:16 AM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I don't get the lack of backwards compatibility. Is it really that much to ask for?
I don't think so, even if they did it the same way they did the PS3. Offer it in the original couple of generations and then as the PS4 library grows eventually remove it from future consoles. That was a brilliant business model.

---------------------------

As for video game discussion, I bought my son Lego Marvel Superheroes for Christmas. He is 4.5 and LOVES Lego Batman 2. This is the one gift I am most excited to see him open.

To make it better I talked my wife into letting me play it first so that I unlock a lot of characters for him ahead of time.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Last generation, five hundred and ninety nine U.S. dollars was why I didn't get the system at launch. The lack of backwards compatibility was the reason when I had to decide between a PS3 and just a plain blu-ray player, I went with the blu-ray player.

When the Xbox 360 came out, the first game I played extensively on it was Halo 2.

As much as I don't really do it, the ability to play xbox original Bioware games, Halo 2, Crimson Skies and Spider-man 2 on my 360 is a big thing to me.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keeping an older system isn't that hard to do...
Old 11-19-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Keeping an older system isn't that hard to do...
I don't know about you, but I have room for 2 xboxs and 2 playstations. If I get a PS4, I won't have a problem (aside from needing an HDMI splitter, but I'd have that same issue with an xbone). If I get an Xbox one, my original xbox is going to find a new home in an underprivileged household along with several older sports games and at least one Mech Assault game.

And that's assuming the xbox one can have a 360 sitting on top of it without getting crushed. Otherwise, well, it'll get interesting.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean I guess that is a fair point.

In my case I have 3 different rooms to split the devices between and with the 360's ability to do Netflix, HBO and Comcast it functions as another cable box for me.

The PS3 is going to be basically obsolete for me one I get the Xbox One as it was a Bluray player and I played a few exclusives on.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone sold games on eBay?

I'm thinking about finally selling Panzer Dragoon Saga and Shining Force III. They're just sitting in a bin in my closet. PDS goes for like $300 and SF3 can get about half that. It's reached the point where the money is greater than the sentiment.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:21 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After not finising GTA4 (thats rare for me) and mostly bc of the driving I'm really liking GTA5 and its a big step up from GTA4. After just playing the The Last of Us the graphics dont hold up but i'll forget about that now that im done with that game. The story is much better and missions seem to be fun. The only side things I've really did was strip club and tennis and those seem to pass the time.

The question I have is what strategy do yall use to decide who to pick to do the missions with? I know sometimes you have to be one person. Im not the kind of guy who is gonna play through this 3 times.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/11/19...ld-on-xbox-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yum, look at at all those advertisements on Xbox One's UI. Gotta love it.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
After not finising GTA4 (thats rare for me) and mostly bc of the driving I'm really liking GTA5 and its a big step up from GTA4. After just playing the The Last of Us the graphics dont hold up but i'll forget about that now that im done with that game. The story is much better and missions seem to be fun. The only side things I've really did was strip club and tennis and those seem to pass the time.

The question I have is what strategy do yall use to decide who to pick to do the missions with? I know sometimes you have to be one person. Im not the kind of guy who is gonna play through this 3 times.

Just pay go cheap and pay the guys who don't want alot in return, only go more expensive for the computer hacker in the jewel store heist. Whatever you do, do not pick the kid that you meet. Also as far as hired gun, doesn't really matter because your gonna be doing most of the shooting. Although Chef (Trevor's freind) is a good buy. He's better than most of the hired guns and doesn't drive that hard of a price at first.

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yesterday I played the first few missions of single player on Call of Duty for the PS4. Holy **** it looked pretty. Can't wait to see how some of the games coming out next year look. That mission in space was a thing of beauty.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Quote:
So you can play lagged Wii games through an XBox interface if you have a Wii and an Xbox? Am I understanding that right?