Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-21-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Super Mario RPG is so god damn amazing. Just played through it last spring. Never gets old, really wish we could get a sequel.
Aren't there a bunch of them on the DS?
Old 11-21-2013, 05:59 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
But why can't they do an HD remake of FFVII? Assholes.
It's basically their trump card. If all else fails, they will always have the FFVII remake to fall back on (I'm not speculating, this is actually what they said). It's pretty dumb, especially when it seemed like an obvious move to redo the game after all the teasers they had for it and after releasing Crisis Core for the PSP (which was an awesome game).

Japanese companies seem pretty detached from what gamers want these days, though.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What an inconsiderate plane.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
What an inconsiderate plane.
Baron was probably flying it :|
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm waiting until next month to get my XB1, but I've decided on that over the PS4.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Walked in to Gamestop at 6pm and paid for a Xbox One with no preorder.
What games you getting? I need some people to play with tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aw, you got it on launch night? Damnit Jvig, why didn't we coordinate this better?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Aw, you got it on launch night? Damnit Jvig, why didn't we coordinate this better?
:( my bad! What games are you getting?

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
What games you getting? I need some people to play with tonight.
Dead Rising 3 and Ryse. I'm going to cancel or return Ryse. Doesn't seem like a very good game. I have to get up for work so I don't think I'll hook it up tonight.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryse is getting great reviews from what I have seen. They say its one of the more original games in sometime.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really? I saw a lot of reviews saying Ryse looked like a complete piece of poop.

Not surprising, tbh. Crytek is an overrated developer who spends more effort on graphics than actual gameplay.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Yeah outside of graphics most people say the game is pretty lackluster.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-21-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://kotaku.com/ryse-son-of-rome-t...iew-1468780085
Old 11-21-2013, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-...critic-reviews

Pretty much all terrible reviews.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I don't trust Kotaku either.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-21-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But it's worth $60 for the great visuals!
Old 11-21-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

In fairness it was the only thing I really heard on the game as I have been really only tracking the hardware.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
But it's worth $60 for the great visuals!
400 and 500 would be interchangeable to that statement there.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-21-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The first person in the midnight line was only there for the new Zelda 3DS XL.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

The best buy I went to had over sixty people in line. Idk how mobbed gamestop was. This controller is ******* gorgeous and so sexy. Go impulsive decision making for a buggy launch system! Despite knowing this, I'm pretty excited.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-22-2013, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Start up and set up is a pretty lengthy task. Downloading your games is also pretty annoying when you just want to play. My minor irritated first impressions due to being pretty tired and just wanting to get a few games in before bed.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-22-2013, 01:17 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why isn't every console being sold today a "Day One" edition? I went to Walmart and they were selling the standard. Only the preorders and the first person in line got the Day One. I was the second in line. :(
Old 11-22-2013, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, I need to ask anyone who has an xbox one this.

I've been watching rev3's xbox one launch coverage and something they mentioned a couple of times was the system venting and possible overheating.

Three pages ago, I wrote this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I don't know about you, but I have room for 2 xboxs and 2 playstations. If I get a PS4, I won't have a problem (aside from needing an HDMI splitter, but I'd have that same issue with an xbone). If I get an Xbox one, my original xbox is going to find a new home in an underprivileged household along with several older sports games and at least one Mech Assault game.

And that's assuming the xbox one can have a 360 sitting on top of it without getting crushed. Otherwise, well, it'll get interesting.

According to what I've heard, you pretty much can't even put a notepad on top of an xbox one without it starting to run too hot.

So, basically I need to know,

How hot does the xbox one run?
What direction(s) does it vent?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:56 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm considering calling in sick tomorrow for when my xbox comes in from amazon. I only ordered Battlefield 4, which already came, so I'm just excited to set it up and try out some features. I'm really not excited for any of the launch games on either system. I hope something worth while comes out soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:09 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should re-release the NES.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote