Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-22-2013, 05:47 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
So, I need to ask anyone who has an xbox one this.

I've been watching rev3's xbox one launch coverage and something they mentioned a couple of times was the system venting and possible overheating.

Three pages ago, I wrote this....

According to what I've heard, you pretty much can't even put a notepad on top of an xbox one without it starting to run too hot.

So, basically I need to know,

How hot does the xbox one run?
What direction(s) does it vent?
I mean, I'm not personally familiar with the Xbox One, but I honestly would not put anything on top of my 360, or XBox One. Or any console for that matter. If you are blocking off venting, of course it is going to over heat. Similar to a computer, if I put stuff on top of my desktop it would block off the fans and overheat.

Based on images, it certainly seems like there is a legit possibility of overheating if you put stuff on top of it. I imagine you would be fine if you put it on top of something, but blocking off any type of venting is NOT a good idea, no matter what system you're using. I feel that that's pretty standard stuff. You might need to rearrange your systems, or just get a more open set up (or just place the thing on the floor, haha). Never a good idea to compromise fans and air vents.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:22 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was playing Killzone for a few hours yesterday - there is a sniper class that has the ability to teleport when on cooldown, and it is the funnest **** ever.

I would snipe someone, and see someone coming at me after I get the kill. They are firing at me and I would just hit the teleport disappear. I can just imagine people sitting there wondering where the hell I went.

Also, with a theater set up, the game looks and sounds AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't check the heat on mine last night, was only on it for an hour and a half setting it up, downloading my apps and games, and played two matches of CoD. I have heard it runs extremely hot, I can tell you when I get on later tonight.

With that said, I found voice recognition to work alot better than I thought it would. Ign had a video showing that it could be difficult but thus far I havent had any issues outside of it thinking I said "skype" instead of "snap". The biggest problem with Ign's video I'd say is they weren't using the right commands alot of the time so it didnt recognize what they were asking, and thats something you have to get down to use it efficiently. Still working on that, but its a neat, if superfluous feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard PS4 gets "EXTREMELY HOT" and I haven't had that issue either.

Some people just like to start ****, especially fan boys.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
I heard PS4 gets "EXTREMELY HOT" and I haven't had that issue either.

Some people just like to start ****, especially fan boys.
Agreed, while there were a few reports about the Ps4 being "red Ringed" to start, thats died down considerably and I havent read much about it since. I'm sure a few reports will come out about the One as well. Although again, I will comment when I actually check for myself.

Also I know everyone knows this, but CoD is just so hilarious to me at this point how its just a copy and paste game every year. There is nothing new about this game, and I'm so glad I got it for free.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard the Xbox One was specifically designed to run quite cool.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quantum break. Looks ******* sweet.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-22-2013, 10:08 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Also, Super Mario RPG was incredible. I bought a Gamecube pretty much so I could play Paper Mario, man what a letdown that was. Are those Mario & Luigi games only for handheld systems?
Yeah, they're for handhelds only.

I went to Walmart last night to get wiiu points to buy Super Mario 3D World so I could download the game digitally at midnight. Went there around 11:30 and there were only 5 people in line getting xbox ones. I expected to see more people there.

Also, Super Mario 3D World is ******* awesome so far.

That Quantum Break does look cool, but I have mydoubts about it. It's another one of those tv shows+ game experiments. Can't say I know too much, or if that much info is released yet, though. I actually liked the Defiance show but that game was awful.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 11-22-2013 at 10:11 AM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Yeah, they're for handhelds only.

I went to Walmart last night to get wiiu points to buy Super Mario 3D World so I could download the game digitally at midnight. Went there around 11:30 and there were only 5 people in line getting xbox ones. I expected to see more people there.

Also, Super Mario 3D World is ******* awesome so far.

That Quantum Break does look cool, but I have mydoubts about it. It's another one of those tv shows+ game experiments. Can't say I know too much, or if that much info is released yet, though. I actually liked the Defiance show but that game was awful.
Developed by the guys who made Alan Wake. A game I never got to play but looked incredible. X-files+Twin Peaks into a video game. Will certainly need to see more but that brief gif sparked my interest far more than the premiere trailer.

Also the best buy I went to last night was packed, I'm assuming gamestop at the other end of the mall was even more so. I was rather surprised how many units every place got. Last generation almost every place that sold the consoles only got like 3-5 at a time. Gamestop said on launch day for the PS4, they had 24 extra units after preorders too. Doesn't look to be as difficult to get a next gen console this time around.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-22-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
With that said, I found voice recognition to work alot better than I thought it would. Ign had a video showing that it could be difficult but thus far I havent had any issues outside of it thinking I said "skype" instead of "snap". The biggest problem with Ign's video I'd say is they weren't using the right commands alot of the time so it didnt recognize what they were asking, and thats something you have to get down to use it efficiently. Still working on that, but its a neat, if superfluous feature.
How fast do things load up when you use voice recognition? The commercial makes it look instant.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alan Wake was an interesting game, but the gameplay got a bit too repetitive. It reminded me of Luigi's Mansion. Shine a light on the enemy, except you don't have to suck them up with your vacuum.

The Walmart I went to is right next to a best buy, didn't think about seeing what their line was like. I'm sure the Gamestops and that Best Buy were a lot busier than the Walmart I went to.

The only bad thing I've really heard about Xbox One's voice commands is that they're a bit inconsistent in what you have to say, such as "Xbox on" vs "Xbox turn off".

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 11-22-2013 at 10:31 AM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
How fast do things load up when you use voice recognition? The commercial makes it look instant.
It goes right to something if it correctly recognizes the command, so using the right phrasing is key. But yeah, pretty much instantly. Apparently you can set it so voice recognition can be used with your tv as well, so i'm certainly going to be checking that out when I get home. The only other time it sort of didn't immediately pick up my command was when I said "xbox, off" the first time. I think I needed to use "turn off", because it picked up that command. Either way may be a good thing it doesnt pick that one up right away.

I do wonder if I'm in the middle of a game, if I accidentally say Xbox if it will think I'm prompting a command or something.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-22-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Alan Wake was an interesting game, but the gameplay got a bit too repetitive. It reminded me of Luigi's Mansion. Shine a light on the enemy, except you don't have to suck them up with your vacuum.

The Walmart I went to is right next to a best buy, didn't think about seeing what their line was like. I'm sure the Gamestops and that Best Buy were a lot busier than the Walmart I went to.

The only bad thing I've really heard about Xbox One's voice commands is that they're a bit inconsistent in what you have to say, such as "Xbox on" vs "Xbox turn off".
Haha yeah mentioned that in my previous post. Glad you said that because I wasn't sure if that was the issue I was having or not when trying to get it to turn off.

Anyway, i still love Luigi's mansion. It was a bit short, and could have used some variety, but it was just pure nintendo first party fun. It invoked that sense of mario-escue game play.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-22-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really enjoyed Alan Wake.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

To follow up on the xbox confusing skype with snap, apparently you have to name the application you want it to snap for it to activate both applications, so i was just using the wrong commands.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-22-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I do wonder if I'm in the middle of a game, if I accidentally say Xbox if it will think I'm prompting a command or something.
Does it have to be your voice? What if your friend or wife/girlfriend is like "X-Box off" while your using it just to be an ass?
Old 11-22-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Does it have to be your voice? What if your friend or wife/girlfriend is like "X-Box off" while your using it just to be an ass?
It supposedly recognizes your voice, I haven't tried but a friend of mine is coming over later and were going to test all of that out. It also supposedly gives a sort of hierarchy control to the primary user and one who is currently signed in, so even if it picks up the command it may not shut it off. Also with the "off" command, a second prompt follows asking if youre sure you want to turn it off. So even if that happens you can use the controller to select no, or just say no. Idk how it would work if people were shouting different commands at it. I'll try it all out.

Pretty sure you can also turn particular commands like that off, as well as only allow kinect to follow your specific instructions in settings. But really Idk.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-22-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I also wonder if I have to have my cable box on for my xbone to allow me to watch tv, or if it just needs to be connected to it. I'm going to assume its the former, but it'd be cool if it wasn't.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-22-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I mean, I'm not personally familiar with the Xbox One, but I honestly would not put anything on top of my 360, or XBox One. Or any console for that matter. If you are blocking off venting, of course it is going to over heat. Similar to a computer, if I put stuff on top of my desktop it would block off the fans and overheat.

Based on images, it certainly seems like there is a legit possibility of overheating if you put stuff on top of it. I imagine you would be fine if you put it on top of something, but blocking off any type of venting is NOT a good idea, no matter what system you're using. I feel that that's pretty standard stuff. You might need to rearrange your systems, or just get a more open set up (or just place the thing on the floor, haha). Never a good idea to compromise fans and air vents.

Well, I've always sat my 360 on top of my original xbox without problems for either system. The xbox 360 clearly cannot have anything sit on top of it let along a clearly larger system.

My old xbox 360 vents out of back and my newer 360 vents out of the top. But the 360 venting out of the top of console is not even as much of an issue as the xbox one is bigger than the 360, so I wouldn't even try to put it on top of the 360.

If the xbox one vents out of it's right side, well, even if I got rid of all of my other xboxes, it's so large than it's going to vent right into my DVR. Or alternatively if I shift everything around..... into my wall on my desk that cannot be removed. So I kind of need to know beforehand.

My set up as Now

.....Xbox 360.............................................. Television........ a splitter

Xbox Original......Xbox 360 Power Brick.........D...V....R.............PS2......Desk wall

Without about an inch of free space between the xbox original and the 360's power brick, an inch of free space between the power brick and the DVR, and an inch of space between the DVR and the PS2 on the other side.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dead Rising and NBA have been great so far.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:35 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
NBA Live 14 sinks lower than I ever thought this once-proud series could go. Making the totally fair comparison to NBA 2K14 would be like LeBron James playing a pickup game against an arthritic giraffe. But even taken in isolation, the resurrected NBA Live is a mess of a hoops sim both in your hands and in your eyes that wouldn’t even make the D-League All-Star team. In fact, there’s only one thing about NBA Live that’s better than its competitor: the net. Yes, that one thing is the net, and it is the best net I’ve ever seen in a basketball game. There, I said something nice.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/...live-14-review

Ouch.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EA would be better off updating NBA Live 96.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Xbox live 14 day and 3 day codes if anyone wants one.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Thus far, barely any heat from my xbox which has been on for the last several hours watching netflix. Did read there are some disk problems however.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-22-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
EA would be better off updating NBA Live 96.
That's what they HAVE been doing. Which is the problem. Those games were never that good, they were just the only NBA games with certain features that only EA games had for the longest time. What eventually became 2k (Sega Sports) was always better.

In EA games, you could always just toss up 3's or drive to the hoop unabated. In Sega Sports games, you had to use a bit more strategy. The NBA Action games were great. Good balance of difficulty. The SS games just didn't become that popular (aside from World Series Baseball) until the sports gaming audience matured.