Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-25-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I have to completely disagree with you. The previous Mario's were absolutely not hard. Mario games have never been hard, they've been designed so kids could beat them.

The difficulty of Mario has always been self imposed, such as speed runs.
And even those were far harder than anything they threw at you in Mario world 3D, outside of maybe some star world levels. Even if that argument was frivolous, I'm sorry expecting more out of a developer in terms of change and pushing things forward seems to be asking that much. You can have both in a Mario game, the first half of the game can be easy, the second half can be challenging. Instead we got the same god damn train end castles and 3 hit bosses no matter what progress was made. That even goes for fighting Bowser the first time in world 7, same exact fight as world 1 sans some lava popping up on stage. Difficulty isn't even the only problem, repetitiveness was also an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
And even those were far harder than anything they threw at you in Mario world 3D, outside of maybe some star world levels. Even if that argument was frivolous, I'm sorry expecting more out of a developer in terms of change and pushing things forward seems to be asking that much. You can have both in a Mario game, the first half of the game can be easy, the second half can be challenging. Instead we got the same god damn train end castles and 3 hit bosses no matter what progress was made. That even goes for fighting Bowser the first time in world 7, same exact fight as world 1 sans some lava popping up on stage. Difficulty isn't even the only problem, repetitiveness was also an issue.
Mario was not always "easy" anyone who says this hasn't tried playing super Mario 3 from front to back, or avoided all of the short cuts in Mario 1.

There were also hard stages in Super Mario World such as tubular etc.....

Galaxy had the purple coin levels that were tough. It would be interesting to see Nintendo come out with a more adult themed Mario, instead of the fun playful spin on Peach getting taken and everything goofy happening, maybe make it seem darker and introduce a lot of harder levels and worlds.

I would like that.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Mario was not always "easy" anyone who says this hasn't tried playing super Mario 3 from front to back, or avoided all of the short cuts in Mario 1.

Galaxy had the purple coin levels that were tough. It would be interesting to see Nintendo come out with a more adult themed Mario, instead of the fun playful spin on Peach getting taken and everything goofy happening, maybe make it seem darker and introduce a lot of harder levels and worlds.

I would like that.
Like Mario walks in on Luigi going to town on Peach. Mario gets mad and kills both Peach and Luigi with a shotgun. Then turns it on himself?
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Like Mario walks in on Luigi going to town on Peach. Mario gets mad and kills both Peach and Luigi with a shotgun. Then turns it on himself?
More like he walks in on bowser peach and yoshi, joins the action, has a mustache ride with luigi, and then does shrooms with toad.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 11-25-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I would like that.

I....... I don't think I've ever beaten a Mario game without some kind of massive shortcut thus skipping 3/4ths of the game. I never even made it past the third (underground world) of Super Mario World. But there's a shotcut in world 2 that takes you to the very end. So I did that.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'd be awesome to play a game as bowser, like the whole game as bowser, not just have him as a side character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It'd be awesome to play a game as bowser, like the whole game as bowser, not just have him as a side character.
I think it would be awesome to play a game as a bad guy. Like think you are completely justified in your actions of taking over the planet.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I think it would be awesome to play a game as a bad guy. Like think you are completely justified in your actions of taking over the planet.
You could play Civ, cause that's always completely justifiable conquering

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now I am deep in my Mass Effect play through so Civ is going to have to wait... Then I have FFXIII and XIII - 2 lined up.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I would like that.
Yes, Mario 3 was easy. I beat it when I was 10 without using the warps. Shinobi, battle toads, even the mega mans were hard games. Mario 3 is notches away from Kirby.

Quote:
I just flat out disagree. Repetitiveness is not an issue at all. Every review you read will pretty much go against that as well. The game has amazing level designs and a huge diversity. To say there aren't some difficult levels is just wrong as well. There are definitely some tricky levels. Getting the 3 stars and stamps in every stage isn't THAT easy either, some of those stars are god damned tricky. It's why I've gone through the game so slow, getting 100% on every world before moving on. That and I picked up Wind Waker HD.

Mario has a formula that works. For a system that isn't doing so well, pushing the envelope and failing would be a monumental falling point. Safe makes sense. Not every game needs to be a new groundbreaking game. After all, aren't you playing the same COD after like 8 years?

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 11-25-2013 at 04:57 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good gawd Battle toads. :/ Bucky O'Hare was impossibly hard as a kid too. I remember getting stuck after the 4th mega boss fight at the ending. WTF.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Good gawd Battle toads. :/ Bucky O'Hare was impossibly hard as a kid too. I remember getting stuck after the 4th mega boss fight at the ending. WTF.
Yeah, the average game back in those days were harder. A lot of the time due to hardware limitations, and early game design practices. Not necessarily because of intention by the developers.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Yes, Mario 3 was easy. I beat it when I was 10 without using the warps. Shinobi, battle toads, even the mega mans were hard games. Mario 3 is notches away from Kirby.
It's not as easy as the other Marios. I am not trying to say the game is super ghouls and ghosts want to smash your ******* tv hard but it has a respectable amount of difficulty for a nintendo game.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:19 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It's not as easy as the other Marios. I am not trying to say the game is super ghouls and ghosts want to smash your ******* tv hard but it has a respectable amount of difficulty for a nintendo game.
That's certainly true. The Marios on the NES were more challenging than the rest of the series. Games were harder back then in general.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 11-25-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:30 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've beat SMB3 quite a few times, I use the warp whistles as a save system

SMB >>>>>>> SMB3 >> SMB2
in terms of difficulty

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I've beat SMB3 quite a few times, I use the warp whistles as a save system
But you lose your inventory of power ups.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mario rpg was hard.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:18 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A few months back I played through the whole SMB3 and beat every level except one.

Always dropped that shell dude.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:09 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That level was always a pain in the ass. How did u he fly so quickly? Doesn't it take longer run that what he did?
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:16 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
Mario rpg was hard.
Not at all haha.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2k14 is hard as **** to shoot.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
Mario rpg was hard.
it felt hard as a kid but i went back and beat it again a year or two ago and it's such a breeze that I was embarrassed.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
2k14 is hard as **** to shoot.
Love the pick and roll :D
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Love the pick and roll :D
I only got it last night and played one game. How do you pick and roll?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
it felt hard as a kid but i went back and beat it again a year or two ago and it's such a breeze that I was embarrassed.
I watched my roommate in College attempt to beat it in one day, he hardly even leveled up and was smashing pretty much everything.