Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-20-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Which is why it's not smart to get rid of old systems as soon as a new one comes out.
i wouldn't even have a PS4 if I didn't trade in my 360
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I traded in my 360 as well. I played everything on it I wanted to, except for dark souls 2. Hopefully backwards compatibility comes out sooner than anticipated for the xbone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Hopefully backwards compatibility comes out sooner than anticipated for the xbone.

Than anticipated? I was under the impression the e.t.a. for the backwards compatibility was shortly after hell freezes over.

Last edited by Crickett : 12-20-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

i believed the same. quite sure it's never coming for the ps4.

regardless, yet more reasons that early adoption is for suckers.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I havent followed Sony's updates on Backwards compatibility what so ever so idk. I do know MS has stated several times that down the road they will be updating the one with it via cloud. Cause CLOUD!

And this generation has been pretty reliable for early adopters njx! I'm very happy with my purchase. I wanted something completely superfluous to control all my living room tech.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
And this generation has been pretty reliable for early adopters njx! I'm very happy with my purchase. I wanted something completely superfluous to control all my living room tech.
but you have like, 2 games and they're both worthless. i still have all of my games and will continue to get new ones for the next two years or so.

though, if you're buying the xbone to watch tv or netflix with, rather than as a gaming system, then i sort of get it. you should still just get a media center pc that does a better job and is cheaper, but that's a different argument. and probably an obnoxious one to have with me, given that it's friday.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i believed the same. quite sure it's never coming for the ps4.

regardless, yet more reasons that early adoption is for suckers.

Fortunately, since

A. I never got a PS3
B. FFX and Flower have been/are being ported over to the PS4

the lack of backwards compatibility isn't as much of a deal breaker for me as it is with the xbone.

Although it means I'll never get to play any of the PS3 Uncharted games or the Last of us.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
but you have like, 2 games and they're both worthless. i still have all of my games and will continue to get new ones for the next two years or so.

though, if you're buying the xbone to watch tv or netflix with, rather than as a gaming system, then i sort of get it. you should still just get a media center pc that does a better job and is cheaper, but that's a different argument.
Dead rising was more fun than I would have given it credit for. Long term maybe not but its still a solid launch title. And agree on the last part, however its a preemptive decision based on future announced titles. Titanfall will be out in almost 3 months.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-20-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't played AC single player since the second one. I feel like I am playing the exact same game. Granted, I am very early in... The combat seems as simple as it always has been and the side quests are all so repetitive.

And yet for some reason I love this formula and have been enjoying playing it for 30 minutes to an hour here and there.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Dead rising was more fun than I would have given it credit for. Long term maybe not but its still a solid launch title. And agree on the last part, however its a preemptive decision based on future announced titles. Titanfall will be out in almost 3 months.
meh. cod is out now if you just want to play another weak FPS.

no, i'm going to stop. i'm just being a dick now.

i can't personally imagine getting a ps4 for another year at least. and i won't buy an xbox until the new fable comes out and fools me into thinking it won't suck.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Red face

Quote:
Titanfall will be out in almost 3 months.

Quote:
i can't personally imagine getting a ps4 for another year at least. and i won't buy an xbox until the new fable comes out and fools me into thinking it won't suck.

I learned my lesson with Fable 2. The only reason I have Fable 3 is because it was free for a little while so I got it then. As for the PS4, I'm still going to wait until probably 2015 when they hopefully release a version with a bigger hard drive. Fortunately, the first game available exclusively on the next gen that I am interested in is Destiny, which won't be out for a while. And even then, I'm concerned that game is going to be too rich for my proverbial blood.

Last edited by Crickett : 12-20-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

The 360 version isnt made by the same developers so yeah idk about that one. And of course titanfall has cod elements to it, but from everything Ive heard its an evolution for FPS formulas. I'll take it.

And here you are insulting my love of FPS after being a Fable slave. I loved 1 but it was so damn short. I played a bit of co op with 2, watched my roommate play 3. It has potential but hasn't done anything with it.

Also on the AC comments, I only played 3, and wont be touching another one. The first two never got me into it despite watching them extensively with my friends. 1 got me interested with the time period and then just dropped the ball. Plus that ending.......

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 12-20-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
The 360 version isnt made by the same developers so yeah idk about that one. And of course titanfall has cod elements to it, but from everything Ive heard its an evolution for FPS formulas. I'll take it.
I didn't know that the 360 version is made by someone else. I'll have to keep an eye out to see if there are any differences listed in the reviews.

As far as titanfall having cod elements, as far as I understand it, the game was made by a studio made up of ex-Infinity Ward employees.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
And here you are insulting my love of FPS after being a Fable slave. I loved 1 but it was so damn short. I played a bit of co op with 2, watched my roommate play 3. It has potential but hasn't done anything with it.
your fps's (that everyone would know are the exact same game if they were so good at finding new shades of brown to use when building the world) suck so much more than my 'rpg' games (with terrible, worthless endings and horrible in game mechanics).
Old 12-20-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone ever play that game Overlord? It didn't do that well but I really enjoyed it.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I didn't know that the 360 version is made by someone else. I'll have to keep an eye out to see if there are any differences listed in the reviews.

As far as titanfall having cod elements, as far as I understand it, the game was made by a studio made up of ex-Infinity Ward employees.
It is, and I wouldn't argue the cod infusion or comparisons at all. I will say the mechanics theyve added with the titans make it look at least like someone is attempting to play with the established formula.
Quote:
your fps's (that everyone would know are the exact same game if they were so good at finding new shades of brown to use when building the world) suck so much more than my 'rpg' games (with terrible, worthless endings and horrible in game mechanics).
So youre arguing that polished repetitive game play < anticlimatic payoffs and mechanics?

Both genres need a refinement in the worst way. Especially the Cod franchise. I wont argue that at all with FPS's. Ive first and foremost been an avid Halo fan which is relatively different and at least Bungie tried to change it up (albeit just ended up making it worse) and then 343 just made it like CoD with 4. Ive only played 3-4 CoD games? And Ive only really enjoyed one of them enough to say its an actual good game.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-20-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
So youre arguing that polished repetitive game play < anticlimatic payoffs and mechanics?
no, i'm just being obnoxious. fable keeps pissing me off, but i keep buying it. eventually it'll be like madden and i'll learn to stop wasting my time.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
no, i'm just being obnoxious. fable keeps pissing me off, but i keep buying it. eventually it'll be like madden and i'll learn to stop wasting my time.
I loved the first one, it is one of the few games like that I've ever played entirely through.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Anyone ever play that game Overlord? It didn't do that well but I really enjoyed it.
I liked Overlord. It was really neat and had a lot of really cool concepts and mechanics that have, inexplicably, not been stolen for other games.

Quote:
I learned my Molyneaux lesson after Black & White 2

Quote:
It is, and I wouldn't argue the cod infusion or comparisons at all. I will say the mechanics theyve added with the titans make it look at least like someone is attempting to play with the established formula.
The mechs add the illusion, but it's really just the same thing over and over again, again. The genre is pretty much stuck. It hit a wall with BF1942's capture points system and it can't find a way to move forward/past that. And the developers and publishers don't even care because it still sells and will continue to sell because people who like those games are generally the lowest common denominator of gamers.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2013/12/21 … -on-dec-24

The Walking Dead: Season Two Season Pass to be available for PS3 on Dec. 24.

"As a special thank you to those who purchased Episode 1 early AND those who've been waiting for the Season Pass before playing the premiere, the Season Pass (which includes Episodes 1-5) will have a special introductory price of just $14.99 USD or equivalent until January 7th," Telltale confirmed.

Yeah.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Titanfall and Dark Souls 2 on the same day. Yikes, say goodbye social life.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-23-2013, 04:23 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any news on when Titanfall will be on pc?

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You remember the days you would put in a new game and just started playing?
Old 12-24-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
any news on when Titanfall will be on pc?
Same day as XBox. 3/11
Old 12-25-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One gripe I have about nba 2k14 is they don't make age a real factor in this game, I just got beat by Amare No Knees Stoudamire in an online match

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote