Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-02-2014, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I started Bioshock and my first run in with a Big Daddy did not end well haha. I was not expecting him to move that fast. I like the game but it's going to take me a minute to get used to the controls.

I just got done playing a ton of Borderlands 2 and I keep trying to aim and shoot with top trigger buttons like you would on it...

I hate shooting with the bottom triggers. It just doesn't feel right.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the final chapter of Dead Rising 3. Overall great game IMO. The psychopaths are probably a step down from the prior two games, but I'm enjoying it enough that I decided to buy the Season Pass. Looking forward to trying Nightmare Mode when I'm done for a more classic Dead Rising feel.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
On the final chapter of Dead Rising 3. Overall great game IMO. The psychopaths are probably a step down from the prior two games, but I'm enjoying it enough that I decided to buy the Season Pass. Looking forward to trying Nightmare Mode when I'm done for a more classic Dead Rising feel.
The final act, or the final final act? Either way it has been better than I anticipated. Really solid launch game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
The final act, or the final final act? Either way it has been better than I anticipated. Really solid launch game.
Just reached Chapter 7 so I'm sure there is probably a hidden Overtime mode or something. Regardless, enjoying it so far.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starting playing Bioshock Infinite. Such an incredibly game.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:40 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Starting playing Bioshock Infinite. Such an incredibly game.
ugh. i like your opinions about video games about as much as your opinions about movies.

unless there's an adjective missing between between 'incredibly' and 'game'.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Infinite was awesome.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:16 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

it's just another FPS, with no redeeming qualities over any other game in the genre.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Except Interesting characters who weren't just faceless npc's to kill, a pretty neat story, and having a realized immersive beautiful world.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 01-02-2014 at 05:15 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:15 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not a Bioshock fan. Really liked the first one but can't say I loved it because I'm OCD and couldn't leave those horrible tube puzzles alone and they came up constantly. worst minigame of all time due to frequency alone.

second game was meh, and Infinite never called out to me at all after that.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with njx and jvig both, oddly enough. I did like the story/characters of Bioshock but in terms of gameplay and innovation it was a very boring and bland game. Bioshock needs to change a lot for me to consider purchasing it. It was basically just a shooter on rails with a decent story. Although the ending was kinda ******.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

The rail game play was awesome. Totally under utilized in that game. But it was chaotic and a rush to be jumping on and off rails, fighting enemies and avoiding handy men.

Idk why Im trying since njx hates fps's most likely. I'm not sure what fps innovation hes looking for really right now. Not to say I completely disagree but I'm not sure to what extent the formula can go to at this point.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-02-2014, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
ugh. i like your opinions about video games about as much as your opinions about movies.

unless there's an adjective missing between between 'incredibly' and 'game'.
No, just an idiotic spelling mistake. I am loving the game. Also replaying all of the Uncharted series and loving that too.

Never really got into Bioshock 1. I mean it was good but never captured my attention and I gave up on it maybe midway through. Never bothered playing 2. I am loving the hell out of Infinite.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also replaying all of the Uncharted series and loving that too.
The second one is easily my favorite. I found it hard to go back and play the first Uncharted after playing 2 and 3. It's not that the first game is bad it's just that 2 and 3 are so much better.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:49 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
The rail game play was awesome. Totally under utilized in that game. But it was chaotic and a rush to be jumping on and off rails, fighting enemies and avoiding handy men.

Idk why Im trying since njx hates fps's most likely. I'm not sure what fps innovation hes looking for really right now. Not to say I completely disagree but I'm not sure to what extent the formula can go to at this point.
i like interesting fps's. i hate "here's an area with a lot of enemies who don't matter and are only there because we gave you a gun and can't think of anything else for you to do with it." the 'choice' nonsense is poorly done, no matter which interpretation you give it (either 'they're making a point that you have no choice!' or 'it's some meta-post-modern stuff and that makes it cool!' are generally what i see). there's only one character that wouldn't have been right at home in doom.

contrast that to hl2, where every (speaking) character matters, even though you're essentially still on a rail (speaking of rails and meta-inanity, they might as well have hit you with a 2x4 in bioshock).

the most interesting parts of the setting don't even matter (the floating city only rarely seems real).

the best part of the game (the beginning) was over far too quickly.

meh. it's uninteresting in the same way but for none of the same reasons that the CoD clones are.

that said, i like the 'argument'. it at least makes me think about why i didn't enjoy playing it.

Quote:
No, just an idiotic spelling mistake. I am loving the game. Also replaying all of the Uncharted series and loving that too.

Never really got into Bioshock 1. I mean it was good but never captured my attention and I gave up on it maybe midway through. Never bothered playing 2. I am loving the hell out of Infinite.
i hated two (bioshock), but liked one. i dunno, i felt less like i had a fishhook through my bellybutton yanking me through some 2d cut-outs.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
The second one is easily my favorite. I found it hard to go back and play the first Uncharted after playing 2 and 3. It's not that the first game is bad it's just that 2 and 3 are so much better.
The first is weird so far. Definitely not on the same tier as the other two. I agree that the second is the best. Getting close to the big fight on the plane over the desert in the 3rd which just blew me away when I first played it.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I genuinely hated the first Uncharted. I didn't play it much before I sold it. The feel of the game was bad, the controls were bad, and I just couldn't get into it. 2 was great, but I haven't played 3.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Finished Dead Rising 3. Without spoiling anything, I felt it did a great job in the end relating itself to both DR and DR2. If you're a fan of the previous games like myself, you're in for a treat. Going to start Nightmare Mode now for a more traditional and difficult DR experience. I know a ton of people complained about the time constraints and difficulty of finding saves in DR 1&2 (which is why it was changed for the main story in DR3), but I felt it added a to the desperation and challenge of the game. Should be fun to return to that now.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Honestly it was never the difficulty that turned me off to that idea but the fact i could never manage to find enough time to explore particular areas of the game. I just hated that I could only get to maybe three or so side quests before having to book it to whatever objective because of the time constraint. I wanted to have the freedom to branch off and explore the world.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-04-2014, 01:55 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

downloading Link Between Worlds right now, gonna be a nice lazy saturday. I almost picked up the Ocarina of Time 3D game as well from the eShop but it was the same price so I went with the brand new one.

I will probably stop by a gamestop and pick up Ocarina sometime just because it's in my top 3 games ever, yet I never played the Master Quest version.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
downloading Link Between Worlds right now, gonna be a nice lazy saturday. I almost picked up the Ocarina of Time 3D game as well from the eShop but it was the same price so I went with the brand new one.

I will probably stop by a gamestop and pick up Ocarina sometime just because it's in my top 3 games ever, yet I never played the Master Quest version.
Im playing through ocarina of time right now. Probably my favorite game ever. Master quest was interesting for sure. Not sure if it was necessarily harder but it was fun having different temple lay outs.

Also just started playing battlefield. The first game ive played where the next gen graphics are really noticeable. Takes some getting used to from a Cod halo fan perspective. I love the destructible environments however. Guns dont seem strong enough but im sure thats just me needing to get used to them.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-04-2014, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

So battlefield rules.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-04-2014, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I finished the first BioShock and thought it was pretty good. It took me awhile to get in to it but once I did I enjoyed it.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might get BF4 when I get my new PC parts. Frostbite3 is pretty rad. As good as it might look/seem on the new consoles, they don't come close to seeing what that engine can do. Can't wait for Dragon Age 3.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I might get BF4 when I get my new PC parts. Frostbite3 is pretty rad. As good as it might look/seem on the new consoles, they don't come close to seeing what that engine can do. Can't wait for Dragon Age 3.
Totally expected, but it looks very good on the xb1 thus far. Best looking next gen game Ive seen thus far.

Quote:
Quote: