Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-18-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

COD hasn't been good since COD1 /hipster

Used to play that A LOT, so easy to get a competitive pick up game in IRC back in the day.

Killstreaks, perks, terrible maps, laughable gun recoil, and terrible spawn system ruined COD.

I have no desire to play Titanfall as well. The mechs look terrible. It's basically just being a giant soldier, doesn't looks like it feels like a mech at all. Plus **** Respawn for bringing in the trend of bastardizing all the FPS games that come out now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Can someone explain the difference between x and y?
Just the exclusive pokemon each version has, like Red/Blue.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 10-18-2013 at 11:51 AM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bought BF3 like 6 months ago but I find it hard to get into, probably because there is so much dlc at this point. Its a much harder learning curve. Even the menus to customize weapons is confusing and I'm good with video games. I regret buying the game at this point.

I did just play the **** out of the BF4 beta though. I'm highly considering getting it now.

I just started playing COD4 online again recently. It feels so much more pure than recent ones. Only 3 preset kill streaks, limited weapons and customization. Even MW2 which I love, feels like it went too far in hindsight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titanfall mech gameplay is being lauded for ramping up what mech controls should be thus far. I havent heard a negative thing about it from anyone so right now I'm all in on the hype train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 was a great game. glad they're making a 3.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nah. CoD is like KFC. When it first came out it was awesome. You wanted it all the time. Now, how often do you want KFC? When is the last time you actually CARED about wanting KFC? I haven't had KFC in a long ass time.

The parents of the 8-14 year olds will still get it but it won't break the record. I think BF4 does better than CoD
I know you're old, but you're not that old.

Also I don't see BF beating COD. COD is still too popular.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Battlefield Bad Company 2 was a great game. glad they're making a 3.
Indeed. Arguably the best BF game. That's why I am excited about BF4. It is like a combination of BFBC2 and BF2.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I know you're old, but you're not that old.

Also I don't see BF beating COD. COD is still too popular.
I just don't understand why people can't think for themselves. It's so sad. Once people get locked on one series they REFUSE to accept other possibilities. I use to be a huge CoD fan. After MW though it just became a cut and paste series to me. Literally almost no innovation. BF on the other hand I feel has really progressed and continued to grow as a series.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact that you can't understand that most people are mindless idiots floors me Forenci.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very few things have ever given me more joy than running down airstrip campers by flying low with a jet in BF2. So funny when you nailed multiple campers.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While I won't argue that people are idiots, I do think that a learning curve with online games can hurt it. Because unlike with a difficult single-player game where the difficulty is consistent and repeatable and gives the opportunity to get better, it can be really frustrating to be a new player in a game where 75% of the other people on the map have been playing for months, know the maps and spawn points and best places to rack up easy kills, etc. I haven't played an online shooter in years and I'm sure now if I did I would get destroyed repeatedly. It's not terribly fun. Eventually I would get the hang of it but I can see why that might turn some gamers off.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Very few things have ever given me more joy than running down airstrip campers by flying low with a jet in BF2. So funny when you nailed multiple campers.
in BC2 we'd strap C4 to ATV's and go full blast towards campers and jump off and then detonate. Fun times.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
in BC2 we'd strap C4 to ATV's and go full blast towards campers and jump off and then detonate. Fun times.
I did that in BF2 as well. That was fun too. I found going for campers to be more fun than paying attention to the map objectives.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
I did that in BF2 as well. That was fun too. I found going for campers to be more fun than paying attention to the map objectives.
and now we're back to playing CoD
Old 10-18-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
This is why BF is just so much better, IMO. I've had so many crazy, insane, fun moments in it. I feel like in CoD, at most, you're limited to maybe a crazy kill or streak of kills.

In BF, what you are limited to is almost nothing. My favorite thing in BF2 was when I ramped a jeep and slammed into a low flying jet. Was absolutely hilarious.

I think BF4 will be special because it's adding a lot of those moments back. I had some crazy moments in the BF4 beta. This guy and I were in the skyscraper having a shootout and someone blew up the skyscraper and it was going down so we were both shooting and I was chasing him as he parachuted out. We both ended up on the ground and we were in a shoot out in the skyscraper's rubble (with all the dust kicked up it was impossible to see) until I finally snuck up on him and knifed him because I had no ammo left. Was one of the coolest moments ever.

Also, in particular with that map, BF4 has really changed combat into a 3D warzone. People can be anywhere. On top of buildings, below in tunnels, up in skyscrapers....it's insane. It makes the combat so intense when you're going into a firefight and guys are shooting you from everywhere. And that much more gratifying when you pick off a couple rooftop snipers and then capture the point.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we ban CoD from the Video Game Discussion thread? They're terrible ******* games that pander to the lowest denominator of consumers.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I just don't understand why people can't think for themselves. It's so sad. Once people get locked on one series they REFUSE to accept other possibilities. I use to be a huge CoD fan. After MW though it just became a cut and paste series to me. Literally almost no innovation. BF on the other hand I feel has really progressed and continued to grow as a series.
Its usually a pair of factors one being comfort with mechanics and more so it tends to be what their friends play. But I agree BF looks to be the far superior title this year.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I don't like the single player at all, but I usually have a lot of fun turning off my brain and playing multiplayer. I don't really care about lack of innovation. The multiplayer just works.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bit the bullet and bought a 3DS. X should be here on Monday.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woo... welcome to the club Drew.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a Pokemoner, but have been thinking about getting a 3DS for the JRPGs...
Old 10-18-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

If I wasn't saving up for wrestle mania I'd get it today
Old 10-18-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I don't like the single player at all, but I usually have a lot of fun turning off my brain and playing multiplayer. I don't really care about lack of innovation. The multiplayer just works.
I'm the same way for multiplayer. Sometimes I enjoy just kicking on a movie and playing some dumb COD on the side. Its not the most innovative or best in any way but it is fun and it works. Just Cause 2l and Saints Row are also dumb games but I find it fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If I wasn't saving up for wrestle mania

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Once in a life time event man.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Once in a year event man.
There you go.