Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-04-2014, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was referring to the choices made, while Fallout isn't close to those two in that regard it has the whole Karma/Negative Karma deal as opposed to Good/Evil.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyway we've both made our point and picks our sides. For those playing...

Old 03-04-2014, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am glad the Batman game is single player. He works a lot better alone, and his characterization makes much more sense within his backstory.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, now we know why Arkham Origins was half assed.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:07 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Do any of you PC users have a controller you can use on your comp? If so, which is it? Specific brand or just the 360 controller? Mine is wireless I think. :|
I use a 360 controller with the official adapter. I've used the PS3 controller plugged in via USB (you can use it with bluetooth if you have bluetooth on your PC), but it just didn't work right. Didn't have full functionality and it was a pain in the ass to configure.

Pretty much any game that uses a controller on Steam is made for the 360 controller. You plug it in, and it works flawlessly.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Anyway we've both made our point and picks our sides. For those playing...

Old 03-04-2014, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Because it was a different developer? :P Rocksteady only did the first two.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
It was a completely different company that made it. No excuse.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I use a 360 controller with the official adapter. I've used the PS3 controller plugged in via USB (you can use it with bluetooth if you have bluetooth on your PC), but it just didn't work right. Didn't have full functionality and it was a pain in the ass to configure.

Pretty much any game that uses a controller on Steam is made for the 360 controller. You plug it in, and it works flawlessly.
Awesome. Yeah I'm buying the thing here so I can play South Park: Stick of Truth on a controller.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Arkham Origins was certainly disappointing. I've actually heard people argue it's the best of them all due to its improved combat and story, but something about the game just didn't click. The side missions were boring, and I just didn't have fun with it the way I did Asylum and City, two of my top games from last gen. Arkham Knigt has plenty of signs things will turn back around. Rocksteady is back at the helm, no stupid online gimmicks, and it's designed solely with next gen graphics and interface in mind. As long as they don't try to stupidly plug in Joker somehow as the main villain (I'd still love to see him in a minor part), then this game should be money.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joker will almost certainly be in scarecrow's fear toxin gameplay moments, im pretty positive about that. In regards to origin, the story ended up being super lame, incoherent at times (tracking down penguin and such.....why?), travel wasn't fun because the city was largely empty, it did next to nothing to distinguish itself from the other entires, both in terms of story telling and gameplay. Hell even the missions were all the same ones you had done in city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:01 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guess I'll be copping a PS4 for this.

#2 Duke Blue Devils (9-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a sad day for video games. I hope she wasn't "forced out" she deserves better than that.

Quote:
Amy Hennig, the creative director and writer on the Uncharted series, has left developer Naughty Dog.

Numerous trusted sources close to Naughty Dog have verified Hennig’s departure from the studio. She was writing and leading development of Uncharted PS4. Her final day at the studio was Monday, March 3.

Sources claim Hennig was “forced out” by The Last of Us’ Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley, and explained that Uncharted may now come under their control.

Hennig recently celebrated her 10th anniversary with Naughty Dog, where she served as director and writer on Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves , and Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception. Her work was recently profiled in IGN’s The History of Naughty Dog.

We’ve contacted both Sony and Naughty Dog for comment and will keep you up to date with any developments.
Quote:
Update: Sony has verified Amy Hennig's departure. A representative told IGN, "We can confirm that Amy Hennig has left Naughty Dog. Amy has made significant contributions to the game industry and we appreciate all she has done for Naughty Dog. The development timeline of Uncharted will not be impacted."

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 03-05-2014 at 09:39 AM.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If by sad day you mean the greatest month in video game release history ever starts in five days then yes, I agree. I'm legitimately worried about how much time TF and DS2 will consume out of my social life. So much so I'm totally planning ahead for work due in later months now so I can have it out of the way.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
If by sad day you mean the greatest month in video game release history ever starts in five days then yes, I agree. I'm legitimately worried about how much time TF and DS2 will consume out of my social life. So much so I'm totally planning ahead for work due in later months now so I can have it out of the way.
My taste in games has changed dramatically i've noticed. On launch I picked up AC4, Madden, NBA CoD. I already traded in all but AC4 because i'll never play the others again. Already have INfamous paid off and Watch Dogs half paid off.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I'm just disappointed that outside of BD my SWDC bros will all be on PC.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-05-2014, 09:51 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You've known this forever though. You had plenty of time to build a PC!

Old 03-05-2014, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Here comes another "PC master RaCeZzZ" circle jerk. I think there's a couple more of us, I'll be glad to play TF with anyone here. I might get it like a week late though Jvig depending on my schedule next week.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:27 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

No one is circling jerking, and Jvig was the one that brought it up in the first place. Slow down BD.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
No one is circling jerking, and Jvig was the one that brought it up in the first place. Slow down BD.
HOLD ME BACK VID. I'm beside myself with anger right now.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:31 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
HOLD ME VID.
worst circle jerk ever.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Haha, same. My goal this weekend is to get ALL my assignments done for the week so I can just Titanfall like a mofo. Then I've got spring break. I work everyday during it, which makes me sad, but there will be still tons of TF time.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
worst circle jerk ever.
You would sneak in here at the first sight of a ***** discussion.

edit: pen1s is censored
Old 03-05-2014, 10:38 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
You would sneak in here at the first sight of a ***** discussion.

edit: pen1s is censored
hey, i was just in here to laugh at jvig. the dick conversation was added bonus.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:50 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I totally haven't been following games so can someone give me the cliffs on Titanfall... the name sounds good but a quick google image search doesn't look very impressive... so why the hype I guess, what's it doing that makes it not just another generic shooter?

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote