Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-07-2014, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got to the Canada stuff. Incredible. I love this game.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:52 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
How can you know you'd want to replay an RPG that offers very little challenge?
Because it's fun and hilarious? I like challenging games, but they're not required to make a good nor fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Just got to the Canada stuff. Incredible. I love this game.
Haha, I randomly found the entrance when I went in to the Lost Forest, but I didn't have a passport.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saying you will replay a game that is effectively a RPG light combined with South Park and actually doing it are two different things. The excitement of wanting to own a game can sometimes lead to thinking you'll stay interested in it longer than you actually will. It might not be so fun to play it again once you've experienced a 12 hour play through.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Saying you will replay a game that is effectively a RPG light combined with South Park and actually doing it are two different things. The excitement of wanting to own a game can sometimes lead to thinking you'll stay interested in it longer than you actually will. It might not be so fun to play it again once you've experienced a 12 hour play through.
Did i say I was going to replay it immediately after i finished it?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:05 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Except RPG's are my favorite genre, and the combat is similar to my favorite game of all time, Super Mario RPG, which I would beat back to back. I don't think I'll have a problem replaying it.

I'm more inclined to replay a short RPG than a long RPG. A second replay isn't going to take me another 30-40 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Did i say I was going to replay it immediately after i finished it?
That too. I will be playing DKC:TF after South Park. I will replay South Park after that.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 03-07-2014 at 03:09 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:09 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ehh... If time passes its not that difficult to pick up again. I am in the process of playing all the Fables again. I think I beat the first 3-4 times the 2nd twice now and I am on the third for the second time.

RPG fans are just a different breed. We are completionists and if we truly love a game we won't mind playing it 3+ times.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will be playing some TF at midnight on Tuesday if you all are down. Can't player super long since I have class the next morning, but I shall be playing nonetheless.

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT ITEMS AND SUCH WE CAN UNLOCK. I shall make an uber awesome class.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go to neogaf, they have like every unlock listed and what level and how to unlock it etc....

And I too plan to get some games in at midnight, if anyone in the vox populi would like to join youre more than welcome. Getting the two different types of titans requires playing through the campaign so I'll be starting there first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I beat South Park. Game of the Year so far! No, but its really good. Held my attention more than any game in recent memory. Probably put in around 15-17 hours. Last of Us was only 15 hours, Uncharted single player campaigns are around that length. I heard on a podcast the game was about fan service first and RPG second, I agree with that. I'd never play it again though. Traded it in for $33 towards Titanfall. Terrible I know.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally going to go and see what`s up with the Crab people as I can now bust through the wall.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ubisoft is really doing everything in their power to destroy public perception of watch dogs right now. Holy hell.
A Comment on their twitch feed now

"can someone tell them I'm glad theyre supporting the PS2 after all these years".

Im dying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Ubisoft is really doing everything in their power to destroy public perception of watch dogs right now. Holy hell.

"can someone tell them I'm glad theyre supporting the PS2 after all these years".

Im dying.
PS2 is still history's greatest gaming machine.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:34 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice! I am tentatively excited!

Old 03-07-2014, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Done pre-loading all 50 gigs worth of Titanfall, haha.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post

Im dying.

After the first time I heard someone (last year) describe the game as "boy this game is a lot more linear than I thought it would be", I decided Watch Dogs was in the words of Admiral Ackbar: "a trap".
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
RPG fans are just a different breed. We are completionists and if we truly love a game we won't mind playing it 3+ times.
I played Mass Effect 2 three times from start to finish before I even touched another game.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:31 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly have no idea what Chroma is.

edit: oh wait the music game

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:59 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
PS2 is still history's greatest gaming machine.
SNES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I played Mass Effect 2 three times from start to finish before I even touched another game.
heh I did this too. mass effect 2 easily the best of the series.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:03 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I honestly have no idea what Chroma is.

edit: oh wait the music game
I have been playing it for the last hour or so. Its interesting to say the least. Probably nothing that I will buy and play for long tbh.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
SNES

heh I did this too. mass effect 2 easily the best of the series.
Wrong wrong wrong.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Wrong wrong wrong.

But it's the only one that doesn't have game breakingly powerful weapons. In ME1, it was the spectre weapons and in ME3 it was the DLC weapons. If everyone in Mass Effect 3 had Adas Anti Synthetic rifles, the ground war would have been a decidedly one sided affair.

Edit: And yet for the multiplayer the Adas Anti Synthetic rifle was horribly nerfed. But so was the Venom Shotgun, the other ME3 DLC uber weapon.

Last edited by Crickett : 03-07-2014 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:18 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

I think 3 was the best aside from the ending but honestly... It's my favorite game series so I can get behind any of them.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
But it's the only one that doesn't have game breakingly powerful weapons. In ME1, it was the spectre weapons and in ME3 it was the DLC weapons. If everyone in Mass Effect 3 had Adas Anti Synthetic rifles, the ground war would have been a decidedly one sided affair.

Edit: And yet for the multiplayer the Adas Anti Synthetic rifle was horribly nerfed. But so was the Venom Shotgun, the other ME3 DLC uber weapon.
The first had the best RPG elements, boss, and story IMO. It had some broken equipment issues but I had the most fun playing it. ME3 was great fun until the end and had the best multiplayer. ME2 is prob dead last for me, but still had the best moment in the series (Garrus reveal) and was great in its own right.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
ME3 was great fun until the end and had the best multiplayer.
You won't get any argument from me there. I'm taking a break from sniping collectors with the kishock just to respond to this.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Crickett does indeed enjoy himself some ME3 multiplayer. I just don't spend much time, if any, ever playing consoles. I'm actually strongly considering not getting a console this generation. Halo and some other exclusives might lure me in (especially when we see a price drop), but honestly the diffusion of exclusives to other consoles and to PC almost makes it entirely worthless to own a console outside of sports games. And for the most part, with Madden and NCAA going down the tubes, that's pretty much killed a lot of that for me.

Plus, and I blew off njx on this a long time ago, but Indie games on the PC pretty much destroy consoles. This isn't a whole "master race" thing, either. Indie games have become so huge. Their quality, development, and creative ideas have pretty much destroyed anything consoles could ever hope to achieve.

Some of my favorite games ever are indie games. Kerbal Space Program, DayZ (less of an indie game, in theory), Prison Architect, and quite a few others have been uber fun.

Even if they're not "indie games," a lot of games developed by less controlling publishers have been fun, and are some way indie games too. For example, Payday 2 is a blast. Not supported by a huge publisher.