Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-24-2014, 12:03 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree with everything said in the post above. FF10 was the last great final fantasy.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and then it turned to **** and kept getting worse every year
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopSandwich View Post
Agree with everything said in the post above. FF10 was the last great final fantasy.
Soooo true.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm surprised that the combat system in FF15 hasnt had a massive backlash from fans of the series yet. I'm open to it since I play a ton of action fighting games anyway but surprising that their getting away from the turn based combat systems for it since theyve been a staple of the series forever now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
playing FFX again = all the feels. couple times i've just booted it up and played blitzball for a while.
I remember by total time being ~50 hours to beat the game, then it ballooned up to 400 after I wanted to just get new items and play blitzball.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FF2 US was the best FF game ever. Get at me nerds.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:11 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you want nerd? here we go. FF2 set a terrific template but I can't agree with you Vidae. and yes i have played every major Final Fantasy to completion including the Tactics series and freaking crystal chronicles (and X-2 which is actually really good), until the great plague of FFXIII, which I couldn't finish and had no interest in sequels. have played 14 and 11 for a bit as well.

through this expert research my top 5 goes:

FF6
FFX
FF Tactics
FF7
FF5

Bonus, i have great love for FF8 and 9, they have become hugely underrated. XII has some interesting things going on as well but never fell in love with it.

FFX's combat absolutely nailed it -- can't figure out why they never revisited having complete access to your party. between that, the sphere grid, legitimately great world building, amazingly fun team/characters and endless questing/minigames I think there's no doubt that it's the most recent 'great' FF game and pretty close to the pinnacle of the series in my humble opinion. If only the world map were interactive...and Tidus would ****...
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If a video on Turkish website Multiplayer is any indication, The Last of Us is coming to PlayStation 4 this summer, and it will come packing single-player DLC Left Behind.

According to NeoGAF user Quirah (via user chadskin), Sercan Sulun – PlayStation’s Eurasian Software Market Manager -- says that while a sequel to The Last of Us may not be forthcoming any time soon, the “first game will be released this summer for PS4 as a physical and digital copy, with enhanced graphics.”

If true – and it appears that it is, as Sulun is a high-ranking member of Sony that’s been with the company since August of 2012 – this would be a huge win for PS4 gamers hungry for some first party content. Other than Infamous: Second Son, Driveclub, MLB 14: The Show, and The Order: 1886, no triple-A first party games have been announced in PlayStation 4's 2014 calendar.

The Last of Us launched exclusively on PlayStation 3 in June of 2013. It is a masterpiece, and easily won IGN's 2013 Game of the Year award. Its story DLC, Left Behind, was also amazing, though it will, unfortunately, be the only piece of single-player DLC.

As of mid-March, The Last of Us has sold over six million copies.
We’ve reached out to Sony for comment, and will update when we hear back.
Quote:
Update: A Turkish speaker has provided IGN with a more thorough translation of what Sercan Sulun told Multiplayer.

"There is no information about a new The Last of Us game but I can share this knowledge; as of this summer, The Last of Us will be on the PS4. Both on PSN and physically."

"The PS4 version will also include the DLC so you will be able to play 'Left Behind' as well."
http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/03/27...-playstation-4
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:42 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a get for PS4.. a game that was already released on the PS3.

/runs away

Old 03-27-2014, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What a get for PS4.. a game that was already released on the PS3.

/runs away
Yeah a get for people who switched from 360 to PS4 and never got to play it. Which is like, you know millions of people.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:45 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Yeah a get for people who switched from 360 to PS4 and never got to play it. Which is like, you know millions of people.
Yeah huge huge get! Super huge get!

Old 03-27-2014, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah huge huge get! Super huge get!
to get the game of the year last year? yeah it is. idk why you're being such a huge **** about this.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:06 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
to get the game of the year last year? yeah it is. idk why you're being such a huge **** about this.
Because I'm bored and I wanted to rile you up and it worked. The problem is that it's too easy to rile you up over video game consoles for some reason, as if this REALLY matters to you. No sport anymore. :(

Old 03-27-2014, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Arkham knight isn't coming out for the wii u, execs saying no way it could reach their objectives with the tech. Essentially it makes the system even more useless now that it can't even play next gen games. Good job nintendo.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

""In this fictitious world where that game existed," he began, smiling, "it’s an easy answer: it has to be just the multiplayer experience that we all found in that first Halo 2 game. If you think about what happened in the franchise and what were the hallmark moments – when did duel wielding come in, when did another playable character that wasn’t Master Chief come in?"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/...il-multiplayer

Oh ma gawd BD get ready.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 03-27-2014 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can it be true...
Old 03-27-2014, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
So Arkham knight isn't coming out for the wii u, execs saying no way it could reach their objectives with the tech. Essentially it makes the system even more useless now that it can't even play next gen games. Good job nintendo.
There is no reason whatsoever they can't put out a console as powerful as the PS4 and One.

They just chose not to... Stupid.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

That would get me to play an FPS on the X1. No question.

Old 03-27-2014, 05:49 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
There is no reason whatsoever they can't put out a console as powerful as the PS4 and One.

It really is dumb. They're going after a niche market that isn't even there. AMD already has the tech ready to go.

There's a small-ish list of things Nintendo needs to do to not just compete, but to become the king of this console generation.
-Get a deal done with AMD for basically the same hardware package that the PS4 has - including Blu Ray.
-Overhaul the OS so the DS and Console are on the same base software and can easily communicate. Make it x86 for easy porting by 3rd party developers. Integrate backwards compatibility for hardware and software, and allow users to stream DS games to the TV with the tablet controller as the bottom screen (basically, turn the tablet into a DS peripheral).
-Put a team together to modernize the online interface - most importantly, the friend system.
-Offer a generous voucher for current Wii U owners who trade in the Wii U for the new system.
-Re-open development of Wii games for the casual market - that system still has massive untapped potential for Casual and Indy Games.
-Buy Megaman from Capcom.
-Attempt to buy Sega (or at least acquire exclusive rights).
-Market the new system and profit massively from all of the people who are ho-hum about the current offerings. 1080p Mario Kart/Smash Bros with proper online lobbies and ladders?! A proper Zelda to compete with Dark Souls (while also getting the next Dark Souls on the system?

This **** seems simple to me. They've got the money to take the hit on the Wii U, and they've got software people want. Heck, their fitness apps are actually pretty good and it could get better ones with a system that interfaces with standard technology.

Last edited by nepg : 03-27-2014 at 05:54 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phil, please don't break my heart, please. This sounds almost too good to be true.

"All the things that you and I know about the evolution of the franchise, if you’re going to say one thing about Halo 2, you’re going to talk about real multiplayer. I think you just have to nail that in just such a fundamentally core way. Frankly [we'd have to do it] probably better than we did with Halo 1 Anniversary. I thought the multiplayer in Halo 1 Anniversary was good, but Halo 1 never had multiplayer in the truest sense, so it always was going to be something different.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:28 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last of Us, GOTY of 2013? Laughable I say!

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Last of Us, GOTY of 2013? Laughable I say!
Agree to disagree but per wikipedia TLOU has 15 GOTY awards and GTA has 10
Old 03-28-2014, 03:29 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TLOU>GTAV unquestionably. the controls in GTA are roughly the same as a drunk moose anyway, that alone should be a DQ when you're up against the best storytelling of the year.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
TLOU>GTAV unquestionably. the controls in GTA are roughly the same as a drunk moose anyway, that alone should be a DQ when you're up against the best storytelling of the year.
Ive never played tlou and id still vote for it over gta 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post

Oh i totally agree they could, but they wont. Nintendo still doesnt even seem to understand the problem. The worst are people advocating they shouldnt change either, as if adding features that are common place since two gens ago is somehow going to hurt the system. Nintendo execs dont seem to have any idea whats going on outside of their own world. Its sad but i mean if they arent able to create a contemporary system to compete with next gens im all for them going the way of sega and getting my Nintendo exclusives that way. Would save me money on having to buy another ****** system.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 03-29-2014 at 11:48 AM.