Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:51 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
He's as soft as a pillow made out of a cloud soaked in Downy.

You can't have a lineman who needs a a hug every time someone picks on him. He's a big wuss. That's fine. There's a place for people like that...but that place is not playing a game that requires violence.

Ritchie Incognito is an NFL player. Jon Martin is not. It's a game for gorillas with a violent streak.
Everyone knows life is so much more fun when you are throwing away thousands of dollars to please people you don't like just so you can fit in and not get picked on.

Martin is such a piece of **** for having a mental reaction to what was probably a ton of stress in the work place on a daily basis.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:26 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We don't know all the facts yet. I think it's premature to call Martin soft, or to call what happened "bullying" yet.

Chances are the way things are shaping up, Martin was under an abnormal amount of abuse there and this is probably a case where the hazing went overboard, so I'm hesitant to kill Martin for this, and I'm also hesitant to defend Incognito for a number of reasons.

Having that said, I don't know if Martin will ever be accepted again in an NFL lockerroom. It's an unfortunate reality but teammates will be hesitant to trust him.

And that's fine. There's more to life than football. Maybe Martin just wasn't cut out to play this sport. He's an intelligent man, he'll be fine. He shouldn't have to subject himself to abuse just to play this game. There's more to life than that.

And he doesn't owe it to anyone to be obligated to withstand what he feels is abuse just to satisfy us as fans, and his employers who want him to put his body through a meat grinder on a weekly basis so they can profit off his production.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:31 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know that there's a more perfect player than Richie Incognito to be the bad guy here. He has always seemed like an objectively terrible human being.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best part of Incognito being an absolute POS human being is when he took to twitter to threaten to fight the reporters that were accusing him of being a bully.

Yeah. Bc that soooooo doesn't make you sound like a bully. Lmao. What a ******* idiot.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:08 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite part was the story coming out a week or so ago about him texting with Martin and Martin saying everything was cool supposedly.

Fast forward a week and Incognito is suspended indefinitely haha.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 11-04-2013, 09:15 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

And now deadspin is accusing his dad of going on internet message boards to defend Incognito, using racial slurs of his own to defame Martin and Pouncey, and saying that Martin should just kill himself already, after accusing him of being suicidal.

Lol. The Incognitos. What can be done? If this is true, I guess we know where he got it from.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:45 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can't fix stupid, and Incognito is really, really stupid
Old 11-04-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's his Dad for sure. His birthday on the message board(registered some time ago too) matches perfectly. Same username as a guy who posted on a Huskers board when Richie played there as well.

Nice family.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, just read the deadspin piece. They really dug deep on that. Probably is his dad Lol

that family is nuts.

Jason La Canfora now tweeting that in one of the texts, Incognito called Martin a "half n****r" and threatened his family.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post

Jason La Canfora now tweeting that in one of the texts, Incognito called Martin a "half n****r" and threatened his family.
But why is Martin so soft tho?

yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
But why is Martin so soft tho?

Clearly because he isnt a football player. Duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Clearly because he isnt a football player. Duh
It's almost like we should have waited for more information to come out before jumping to conclusions.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 7m
1: Richie Incognito left this VM for Jonathan Martin in April 2013: "Hey, wassup, you half n----- piece of (expletive)...

2. More Incognito to Martin: "I saw you on Twitter, you been training ten weeks. (I want to) (expletive) in your (expl) mouth....

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6m
3. Incognito VM to Martin: "(I'm going to) slap your (expletive) mouth. (I'm going to) slap your real mother across the face (laughter).

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5m
4. Incognito to Martin, all on same VM in April 2013: "(Expletive) you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Again, this was my whole point with CC.SD. It is completely pointless to make broad assumptions about a situation when we really have absolutely no idea what was going on in that locker room. Fortunately, we have actually gained some details about what has happened.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
You can't fix stupid, and Incognito is really, really stupid
He was a piece of human **** dating back to college, it is a travesty people like him are given the genetics to play in the NFL over millions of others.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
It's almost like we should have waited for more information to come out before jumping to conclusions.

1: Richie Incognito left this VM for Jonathan Martin in April 2013: "Hey, wassup, you half n----- piece of (expletive)...

2. More Incognito to Martin: "I saw you on Twitter, you been training ten weeks. (I want to) (expletive) in your (expl) mouth....

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6m
3. Incognito VM to Martin: "(I'm going to) slap your (expletive) mouth. (I'm going to) slap your real mother across the face (laughter).

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5m
4. Incognito to Martin, all on same VM in April 2013: "(Expletive) you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."

Lol you know Schefter must love tweeting these out after Incognito took to twitter to bash him for his "sources"
Old 11-04-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And on that note, Incognito's NFL career is done.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Don't worry Incognito said his name will be cleared and I believe him.

Also, no wonder Martin has been having a rough time at tackle. Could you imagine coming into work every day knowing you were going to get harassed or bullied and you were a PROFESSIONAL? WTF.

This isn't high school any more, especially in a situation where you are stuck on a team. I don't get how you could not suck at your job if you were literally afraid or hated coming to work every single day, it would be miserable.

Last edited by PoopSandwich : 11-04-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Don't worry Incognito said his name will be cleared and I believe him.
Yes, cleared from being on another NFL roster

fight the good fight, Incognito!
Old 11-04-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
He's as soft as a pillow made out of a cloud soaked in Downy.

You can't have a lineman who needs a a hug every time someone picks on him. He's a big wuss. That's fine. There's a place for people like that...but that place is not playing a game that requires violence.

Ritchie Incognito is an NFL player. Jon Martin is not. It's a game for gorillas with a violent streak.
People like you exist?
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure there are plenty of people on the Dolphins who don't like Incognito. It is too bad they didn't stand up for Martin either.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
And on that note, Incognito's NFL career is done.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm sure there are plenty of people on the Dolphins who don't like Incognito. It is too bad they didn't stand up for Martin either.
It's normally hard when someone has themselves established as the alpha male to step up to them. Incognito is apparently an insane jackass and if he took control of the locker room, it would take a bigger veteran presence to get him out of the way. Who do the Dolphins have that would step up? Jake Long is gone. I bet younger guys that didn't want to get picked on just followed him instead even if they knew what they were doing and how he was acting was wrong.

Philbin does not come across to me like someone who would let this happen. I am surprised.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
From all accounts I've seen, Incognito was the kind of guy that pretty much all of his teammates love and he's the kind of guy that's great to have on your team but is a terrible person to play against. Most other players and former players have had good things to say about Richie so idk if this is a case where Martin and Incognito just never got along so Richie just never relented against him or what.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is all an elaborate ruse so Jonathan Martin can get traded to the Stanford Colts
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
It's normally hard when someone has themselves established as the alpha male to step up to them. Incognito is apparently an insane jackass and if he took control of the locker room, it would take a bigger veteran presence to get him out of the way. Who do the Dolphins have that would step up? Jake Long is gone. I bet younger guys that didn't want to get picked on just followed him instead even if they knew what they were doing and how he was acting was wrong.

Philbin does not come across to me like someone who would let this happen. I am surprised.
The bolded part is something that's really important and something I've discussed multiple times with my friends. Last year, the leadership counsel was Jake Long, Karlos Dansby, and Reggie Bush. Miami then let Bush and Long walk in FA and cut Dansby while signing a bunch of free agents. I think the hope was that Ellerbe would step in and take the leadership role on defense and maybe Tannehill (or Wallace?) would step up as the offensive leader but it was never clear to me who the leaders on the team were this year, which is why the 4 game losing streak, and now this, wasn't that surprising. You can't let all your leaders go and then sign a bunch of big name free agents unless one of them is coming in as an undisputed leader. Just look at the Eagles and their "dream team."

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote