Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-17-2014, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Gil Brandt's Pre-Senior Bowl Top 50

A very interesting read IMO.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...prospects-list

Just for comparison, here is Jeremiah's top 50 pre Senior Bowl.

http://www.nfl.com/top50

What I find interesting is both like Manziel better than Bridgewater.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 01-17-2014 at 06:00 PM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:09 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do you always post articles to NFL.COM and NFL.COM exclusively?

The list isn't bad, but I've seen better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Why do you always post articles to NFL.COM and NFL.COM exclusively?

The list isn't bad, but I've seen better.
I post whatever information I find that is relevant to the draft for anybody to read. Scott doesn't permit postings from competitive sites without permission so I post directly from NFL, after all, they should know what they are talking about and most of the guys I post are hired to inform the public about what is going on in the draft. They are either ex scouts, former Directors of Personnel, or ex GM's and their contacts in the scouting community gives them tremendous access to some real rankings, make of it what you want.

In life, knowing where to get information, is what it is all about and provides draftniks with at least a reasonable starting off point when doing their hobby. You still have to use your eyes and other tools to reach your own judgments just like a GM do in their draft room. They have many scouts with varying opinions on a lot of prospects but the good ones read every opinion then they review the film for themselves and reach a final conclusion.

I do know this, that around this time of year when these people post their top 50's on NFL.com or on NFL Network, every draft guru from Scott to Kiper suddenly revise their own rankings to bring them into line with those posted. Are they exactly the same, no, there is a lot of variance but nothing too drastic. It is just common sense that tells people that access is important and Draftniks simply don't have it just like we don't have full access to character issues or the interviews that prospects all go through. Sometimes, you just have to depend on those who do.