Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-05-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Logan Mankins is sooo underrated.
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
It seems like a bunch of names get thrown into the same category. Jones, Pace, I liked Jamal Brown this year, McNeil did well, the guy from Cinncy (im forgetting his name right now).

Theres too many names that performed at a close level this past year.
You're referring to Levi Jones, who kills Dwight Freeney all the time.

I am with you on it. Was just making sure we covered all the bases.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Hutchinson is lightyears better than any other guard in the NFL.
Faneca? (which is only one of the many I could name)
Old 04-05-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can make an argument for LJ the past 2 years. I don't agree with it, but you can make an argument for it.

I dont think that the difference between LDT vs LJ is bigger than Hester vs everyone else. LDT is up there though. Probably like 4 on the list.

What about old man Jeff Feagles? He seems to be another guy who is light years ahead of the competition.
See that's the thing. In '02, one could hae debated that Ricky Williams, or Priest Holmes, was better. In '03, it was Holmes versus Tomlinson. The '04 season was the only one were LaDainian wasn't at the top, but only because he had a nasty groin injury. These past two years, it was Johnson, Alexander, Barber versus Tomlinson. The point being, Tomlinson has been consistent for the past five years, while his challengers have come and gone. Tomlinson owns two great statistical marks for his position, both of which may not be passed anytime soon.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Faneca, Shawn Andrews, Mankins, Chris Snee. There are 4 that are at least as good as Hutch.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 04-05-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
TwOne
Rookie

TwOne hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
alstott does not, imo, hold the jockstrap of at least 50% of other nfl fb's at this point in his career.
then you obviously havent watched in the last couple years.

Angels Record: 6-8
TwOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
See that's the thing. In '02, one could hae debated that Ricky Williams, or Priest Holmes, was better. In '03, it was Holmes versus Tomlinson. The '04 season was the only one were LaDainian wasn't at the top, but only because he had a nasty groin injury. These past two years, it was Johnson, Alexander, Barber versus Tomlinson. The point being, Tomlinson has been consistent for the past five years, while his challengers have come and gone. Tomlinson owns two great statistical marks for his position, both of which may not be passed anytime soon.
I know. But how far ahead has he been those 5 years against his competition? Thats the premise of the thread. Who has the largest margin. Tomlinson was the best over a 5 year span, but outside of this past year, I dont know if you can say he was lightyears ahead of anybody during this 5 year span. He's without question the best rb the past 5 years though.

Oh, and in 02, Jamal Lewis and Priest Holmes were better. Id say he was a close #3 that year.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
frisby213
Rookie

frisby213 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
You're referring to Levi Jones, who kills Dwight Freeney all the time.
HAHAHAHA are you kidding me? Look at the stats from the last time Cincy played Indy.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20061218_CIN@IND

Freeney had THREE SACKS. Three forced fumbles for that matter, too. Man, he sure held him, didn't he! HAH....please.
frisby213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i miss that jamal lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

JCutlery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
Ed Reed at safety.
I don't know, I think Dawkins is better and has done it for a longer period of time.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisby213 View Post
HAHAHAHA are you kidding me? Look at the stats from the last time Cincy played Indy.

Freeney had THREE SACKS. Three forced fumbles for that matter, too. Man, he sure held him, didn't he! HAH....please.
That would be impressive, if Levi Jones were actually playing in that game...

Old 04-05-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
hahahah nice one

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 04-05-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:

Actually, you could be considered dead wrong to anyone who actually researches. Levi Jones didn't even play that game. What's more, starting RT Willie Anderson left the game in the second quarter. Freeney got 3 sacks against Andrew Whitworth, Willie Anderson, and Scott Kooistra.

Source: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/gamebo...061218_CIN@IND

Old 04-05-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
frisby213
Rookie

Quote:
Aw, crap. Well in that case, I've officially made an ass out of myself, and I take back what I said... >_>

:(
Old 04-05-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
hahahah nice one
Dangit! You guys got to it first before I got my big post in...

Old 04-05-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
frisby213
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Actually, you could be considered a dingus to someone who actually researches and knows the game. I clearly recalled that Levi Jones was out or injured during that game. Levi Jones didn't even play that game. What's more, starting RT Willie Anderson left the game in the second quarter. Freeney got 3 sacks against Andrew Whitworth, Willie Anderson, and Scott Kooistra.

Source: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/gamebo...061218_CIN@IND
Yeah my bad, I definitely owned myself there lol.

EDIT: Yeah, I just remembered Freeney having a monster game...didn't really notice who was up against him. Anyway yeah, I'm an idiot, and I shouldn't have been so hostile to begin with...I feel bipolar today...

Sorry :( lol

Last edited by frisby213 : 04-05-2007 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Yeah my bad, I definitely owned myself there lol.
Im gonna +rep you for having the character to admit when youre wrong.
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

No worries. I actually had to go back and find it. I thought you had me there, but I got bailed out.

Shiver
Icon

Quote:
I know. But how far ahead has he been those 5 years against his competition? Thats the premise of the thread. Who has the largest margin. Tomlinson was the best over a 5 year span, but outside of this past year, I dont know if you can say he was lightyears ahead of anybody during this 5 year span. He's without question the best rb the past 5 years though.

Oh, and in 02, Jamal Lewis and Priest Holmes were better. Id say he was a close #3 that year.
Right now he is. In '02, '03, he and Holmes was probably the consensus best. That said; considering he had one of the great O-Lines of all time blocking for him, his production was less impressive. Seriously; Willie Roaf, Brian Waters, Will Shields, Casey Wiegmann, John Tait, all in their prime. That is ridiculously great.

As for Lewis, no way. Even in Lewis' best season, behind a great O-Line, Tomlinson had more total yards, touchdowns, same Y.P.C, on the worst team in the NFL.

Old 04-05-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Shiver, don't forget that he had a rookie Drew Brees and Moses Moreno as his QB's...

Old 04-05-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
frisby213
Rookie

Yeah, I just remembered Freeney having a monster game...didn't really notice who was up against him. Anyway yeah, I'm an idiot, and I shouldn't have been so hostile to begin with...I feel bipolar today...

Sorry again lol. Anyway, back to the subject at hand ;)
Old 04-05-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Quote:
Im gonna +rep you for having the character to admit when youre wrong.
i agree. thats very stand up

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 04-05-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
frisby213
Rookie

I think Alstott is kind of past his prime. Back in the Dungy-Bay days, he was probably the indisputable best FB...but now he's just kind of faded away, and even when he does play its more of a standard RB roll.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

bailey at CB and dawkins at FS and Gates at TE

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Yeah, I just remembered Freeney having a monster game...didn't really notice who was up against him. Anyway yeah, I'm an idiot, and I shouldn't have been so hostile to begin with...I feel bipolar today...

Sorry again lol. Anyway, back to the subject at hand ;)
Again, no worries. Everyone makes mistakes. Earlier in the thread, I said that Peyton was the #1 QB in the league, and I got shouted down. While you may agree, it doesn't mean we're necessarily right. It takes sack to admit you're wrong, and I commend you.