Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 12-23-2013, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quinn is ridiculously good, so I am not particularly surprised that he had a good game, but it wasn't just him abusing Penn.

Personally, I think he packed it in right when his boy Freeman got benched. He said he was unhappy with the move and his play on the field certainly reflects a lack of effort: 0.7 sacks per game when Freeman started this year vs 2.7 sacks per game when Glennon starts.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:34 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you guys watched the first half penn did well against Quinn in containing him. 2nd half? If you seen some of the plays, gotta put blame on glennon on protection calls. One sack for example had the running back one on one with Quinn. Come on.

This might have been a bad game for penn but who do you replace him with? Unless its Matthews I don't wanna hear it. He's still a top 12 tackle in this league.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That brings up a quandary, because as of right now, I think we pick in the 8 spot. That isn't Matthews territory. In fact, Matthews looks like he's property of the Rams at either pick #1 or #2 right now. Don't see how they pass on him, or trade out of that spot. They need a LT, and he's a real good one.

Which means we're down to looking at Lewan, Kouandjio, and Richardson. I don't like the value of those guys at 8. I'm kinda hoping we can acquire a small bounty from some team in love with Watkins or Mack.... or someone and we can trade back to the middle of the round and get some players later. Then, I think, Cameron Erving comes into play too, and I think he's got potential at LT. Richardson is on the line of LT & RT, but I see the other two as RT's only.

Settling for Trent Murphy, Kareem Martin or Kony Ealy early in Round 2 is something I could not only live with, but would be happy with. Complement that with Fleming, Hurst and/or Yankey later and then we're cooking with peanut oil.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
He's still a top 12 tackle in this league.
You must be joking...

I would take Matthews, Lewan, Richardson, Erving or Kouandjio over Penn.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was at the game and the sacks don't really do a justice because Robert Quinn hit Glennon A LOT! It seemed like every time Quinn rushed up the field and the RB chipped him, he spun to the inside and came free. That is lack of effort by the LT because if you know you have help on the outside why are you running up the field like that unless you are going to let the DE run completely out of the play. ESPN has 4 QB hits by Quinn but really seemed like every other play when Glennon dropped back Quinn was there. However I have to agree with DeadEagle as far as the value of a good LT at the #8 position.

Watkins is a slot WR, especially with our team, drafting a 3 WR in the top 10 seems crazy. Barring a trade down and we would have to grab a player there at #8 maybe we should lean towards Kouandjio, SEC so he has played against a lot of NFL talent, I remember he struggled the Virginia Tech game but I think he has played pretty good.

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Personally, I think he packed it in right when his boy Freeman got benched. He said he was unhappy with the move and his play on the field certainly reflects a lack of effort: 0.7 sacks per game when Freeman started this year vs 2.7 sacks per game when Glennon starts.
Me thinks there is some truth to this, Penn has been a shell of himself this season.

Quote:
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:50 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Penn is a bargain and a good, not great LT. The best LT on the roster, and OLineman for that matter, is probably Demar Dotson. Those two need to flip sides.

I think the success of the new regime is dependent on the QB. The way I see it, there are 5 potential franchise QBs in the draft: Bridgewater, Bortles, Hundley, Manziel, and Carr. There are also some 2nd round types that COULD become really good QBs like Mettenberger, McCarron, and Brett Smith (this guy is the closest thing to Manziel there is).

Great QBs make defensive coaches look like geniuses. Peyton with Dungy and Fox (and Mora), Brady with Belichick, Newton with Rivera, Ryan with Matt Smith, Steve McNair with Fisher, the list goes on and on. If we can get the right QB, all will be well.

As it stands now, we went from having the worst coach and QB in the NFC South, to now having the 2nd best coach... we've got to get better at QB.

Personally, I hate trading up in the draft, but if we needed to trade up to land Bridgewater or Bortles, I'm okay with that. We could use Mike Glennon as part of the package, he should be worth at least a 2nd.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:42 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brasho,

No way Houston and obrien passes on Beidgewater.

I'm not high on bortles to trade up or take him at 7. Sick of project qbs in top 10.

I like Brett smith and jimmy Garrapolas in rd 2.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:21 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You never know, Bortles played against BOBthis year and BOB had high praise of him. You just never know, maybe Texans go for #1 player on board knowing they can get Mettenberger (fits the mold of a big stiff Belichick QB) in round 2...or perhaps they shock everyone and trade that #2 for Ryan Mallet..won't be a shock now if it happens.

I have a sneaky suspicion that if Tedford had his way, the QB he'd want would be Derek Carr. I have him as my #5 QB, but still have him as a 1st rounder. I prefer Bridgewater, Bortles, Hundley, and Manziel in that order. I'm not a fan of Carr's feet and timing in the pocket nor his lack of NFL reads made in college.

People keep saying how complex Tedford's system is and how intelligent a QB needs to be to operate it..it just makes sense that Tedford would feel that intelligence rus in the family. That being said, don't be surprised to see David Carr or somebody else with experience in his system go to camp with the team to help with the other QB's learning curve.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:22 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Ironically, we already have a Tedford protege's sibling on the team, Aaron's brother, Jordan Rodgers.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:26 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

I really like Smith, not so mush of Jimmy G.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:46 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Interested to check the hand size of jimmy G.

I like your assessment and also think bridgewater and Carr are both perfect fits in tedfords system.

I like Hundley but he's too raw. Upside yes but he's not developed as a passer. Needs to go back and define and improve a lot in that area.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:42 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

I have Hundley as #3 because of his upside, which I see as #1 in his class, based on production and performance he might be #10. He's a bit of a project, but if he develops he would be excellent. As for production purposes, Manziel and Carr might be the #'s1 & 2, but I'm not sold on Manziel's character or size nor am I sold on Carr's feet in the pocket. I don't like Bortle's release, Hundley's ability to read the D, or Teddy's frame. There's something to not like about everyone, but I really do like this class of QBs.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:45 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

I heard Jimmy's hands are tiny...but who am I to judge? I'm not big on Jimmy due to level of competition and his physical make up. I still have him in my top 10.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:07 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Bridgewater is the class a top not guy in this class who id love to have.

I'm honestly willing to wait out on Brett smith. I think he's Manziel with a better arm, less explosive with his feet. But accurate bigger, good ball placement.

Level of competition is same level of CArr but less risk high reward in round 2.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:10 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

I honestly don't think hundleys upside is bigger than bridgewater. We took freeman based on "upside" and that bombed. Russell had upside.

It's risky to take Hundley because we need contribution now. Can he make the reads? Knowledge between the ears?

I like him but normally younger guys as sophomores you know very little about work ethic and if they R ready to be face of the franchise?

Manziel honestly has had the Brett Favre comparisons. He'll drive you nuts mon-sat. Play his butt off Sundays. He's exciting to watch and teammates have no complaints. However it's college. Work ethic is different in the nfl.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

If we're looking at drafting a quarterback, it makes more sense to fix the line this year and draft the franchise QB next year. The last thing we need is this joke of a line (especially Donald Penn) turning whoever ends up starting into David Carr because they're completely incapable of doing their job.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

By the way, Hundley is reportedly going to return to school, so you guys can take him off your board.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:50 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

I'm good with Hundley going back, I said I really liked him, not that I want him. After going through all 8 online games of the past two seasons, I really want Brett Smith in round 2.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:02 AM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I keep hearing rumblings of Houston and/or St Louis shopping their picks..... and we'd better be looking at that. Jake Matthews, or bust.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:08 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEagle View Post
I keep hearing rumblings of Houston and/or St Louis shopping their picks..... and we'd better be looking at that. Jake Matthews, or bust.
St Louis has been reported to be seeking a deal similar to the one they received for the #2 2 years ago, would you want to give up a bounty like that for Matthews?

I wouldn't, not as knock on Matthews but looks what has happened to Washington if the bottom falls through and you earn a top 5 draft spot and do not get to acquire an elite talent that our team needs.

However that being said if they could get that spot for say a bargain, maybe not this year's 1 and 2 and a 2 next year, I would be all in.

Quote:
Old 01-06-2014, 08:09 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

I would be all in if it were Teddy B. What's the point of having a great OT but no QB? Hasn't done much for Browns and J Thomas or Dohins and J Long.

With a good QB, you can easily get by with Donald Penn. With Glennon we need armed guards.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
What's the point of having a great OT but no QB?
The reverse is true, too. Drafting a quarterback only to let Penn get him murdered is pointless.

And Glennon isn't "no QB." He finished his rookie season with one of the best rookie QB ratings ever. The guy has earned the chance to play for the starting job next season.

Draft protection this year, give that protection time to mature, because rookie tackles tend to struggle, then, assuming Glennon isn't getting it done, go into the 2015 draft looking for the franchise QB.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:07 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Penn is not terrible. If you watch that St. Louis game again penn did his job. There was a reason the rams lined up the blitz over his side. He contained Quinn 1-1 until they ran blitz over his side to free him up.

You going to blame the next LT bc glennon holds it too long? Penn is solid even Dotson has proved he can hold it down.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:33 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfreak314 View Post
St Louis has been reported to be seeking a deal similar to the one they received for the #2 2 years ago, would you want to give up a bounty like that for Matthews?
Hell no I wouldn't. This is a crazy deep OT class, plus OT is not a big need. I would replace Nicks and Joseph before Penn.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote