Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-25-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Seattle Seahawks CB Brandon Browner Suspended One Year

Per Rotoworld:

Quote:
Appearing on Monday Night Countdown, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Seahawks RCB Brandon Browner has been suspended one year for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.
NFL Network's Mike Silver was partly right; he initially reported Browner was facing an eight-game suspension for violating the league's policy on PEDs. Silver then changed his report and said Browner was facing some sort of suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy. Browner has appealed the ban and is waiting to hear back from the NFL. It's a colossal blow to the Seahawks' defense. They'll now be without both Browner and CB Walter Thurmond III (four-game suspension) for at least the next four games. Thurmond III will be back for the playoffs. Browner now won't be eligible to return until Week 13 next season at the earliest. He's also set to become a free agent in the spring and has a lengthy record of violating league rules. The Seahawks reportedly have no plans to re-sign him. Browner turns 30 next August. Nov 25 - 7:45 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...randon-browner

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's, what, seven different cases of players using PEDs for Seattle, as well as other issues, recently? Vai Taua, John Moffitt, Allen Barbre, Winston Guy, Brandon Browner, Bruce Irvin, and Walter Thurmond for PEDs, Richard Sherman was suspended but appealed and won, and now Browner apparently has other issues.

No team has had more PED suspensions since Pete Carroll took control of Seattle. Didn't this issue follow him from his days at USC, with the accusations against Brian Cushing and whatnot?

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#1- Good.
#2- Brandon Browner is by far the guy I hate the most on Seattle.
#3- Other than Pete Carroll.
#4- What about Mr Beast Mode?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
#1- Good.
#2- Brandon Browner is by far the guy I hate the most on Seattle.
#3- Other than Pete Carroll.
#4- What about Mr Beast Mode?
Yes, just because you hate them it means everyone of taking something....

...don't be an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They'll probably draft Stanley Jean-Baptiste and turn him into Thor.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good job Browner. He just screwed his team and his pay day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:43 AM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

Part of the reason Owens didn't make the Seahawks last year is this cheating piece of trash was beating him up at the line of scrimmage in camp.
JordanTaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Part of the reason Owens didn't make the Seahawks last year is this cheating piece of trash was beating him up at the line of scrimmage in camp.
The other part was dropping passes.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait. Why are we mentioning TO? He's not only completely irrelevant to the topic at hand, he's also completely irrelevant as a football player.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:22 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
I actually like you quite a bit, but you're becoming a caricature of yourself.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand what goes on in this section like 90% of the time.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Wait. Why are we mentioning TO? He's not only completely irrelevant to the topic at hand, he's also completely irrelevant as a football player.
This. (10 char)

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:56 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

man I really thought for a second big Mike Williams was going to make a go of it in Seattle.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:26 AM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Yes, just because you hate them it means everyone of taking something....

...don't be an idiot.
honestly i didn't think of it tip now, but being from the same town as marshawn and following him his whole career, i can't help but notice the way he is built now compare to before. he always had the beast mode ability, its an innate ability of his, but he put on some serious muscle in seattle, and with all the other guys on this team w/ PED issues, some amount of doubt crosses my mind. I hope not, i root against seattle but still root for marshawn.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:54 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browner hasn't even made that much money thus far in his NFL career. He came in essentially on a 3 year minimum contract, and got a nominal play bump this year to something like $700,000, of which he won't even earn the full amount because of his suspension. Had he kept his nose clean he could have set himself up for life with a contract around 3-4 million per year. He decided to smoke instead, and in all likelihood he'll have a hard time making it a couple of years past his NFL career.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:48 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post
honestly i didn't think of it tip now, but being from the same town as marshawn and following him his whole career, i can't help but notice the way he is built now compare to before. he always had the beast mode ability, its an innate ability of his, but he put on some serious muscle in seattle, and with all the other guys on this team w/ PED issues, some amount of doubt crosses my mind. I hope not, i root against seattle but still root for marshawn.
but wickwithit1010 ripped me for thinking that too.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys realize these last 2 suspensions are for NON-PED substance abuse, right?
Old 11-27-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Browner ended up in stage 3 of the substance abuse program because after he was released by the Broncos he didn't stay in touch with the NFL and missed some tests, which counted as failed tests. He had his appeal heard today and may get his punishment reduced. If he had kept in touch with the NFL and not failed any tests he would have been in stage 1 instead of 3 for this failed test
Old 11-27-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
Apparently Browner ended up in stage 3 of the substance abuse program because after he was released by the Broncos he didn't stay in touch with the NFL and missed some tests, which counted as failed tests. He had his appeal heard today and may get his punishment reduced. If he had kept in touch with the NFL and not failed any tests he would have been in stage 1 instead of 3 for this failed test
Doesn't really matter. I don't know why you automatically defend every Seahawk. Some of them get exactly what's coming to them. One of our starting cornerbacks couldn't stop smoking weed for a Super Bowl run. Doesn't matter if it's the first or third, that is some dumbassery. I care more that a couple of the secondary guys caught so caught up in thinking that they're the **** that they partied themselves right out of the party. I almost feel bad for Browner, because he's probably not going to win his appeal and he's always going to have to live with getting kicked off the team that finally gave him the opportunity to realize his NFL dream. But nobody needs to making excuses for him. Nobody needs to be saying, "But it's not that bad, because he's only in stage 3 because he also disregarded the rules years ago despite the way it could affect him in the future." It's just history repeating itself. There's a reason he couldn't stick with a team when he was a rookie, and there's a reason he's getting kicked off a team now. And it's not a lack of talent. It's just who Brandon Browner is. Think it does underscore the point that Carroll puts a premium value on raw ability over character, though. As fans we've just got to roll with that and understand that the teams he likes to put together are most likely going to be very talented with a little drama always happening on the side.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

I didn't defend Browner anywhere in that post. I think he's an idiot for taking drugs and ruining his career. I was simply providing information on his appeal and how he ended up getting a 1 year suspension. I never said he should get his punishment reduced, I said he might based on the circumstances.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have always said what a clown Pete Carroll is. He probably passes out the PEDs in the locker room.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
but wickwithit1010 ripped me for thinking that too.
Because these guys aren't getting busted for juice, they are taking ******* adoral and smoking pot.

You know how big I'd be if Adoral made me bigger?

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Last edited by SickwithIt1010 : 11-27-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
I have always said what a clown Pete Carroll is. He probably passes out the PEDs in the locker room.
Please ******* leave.

Quote:
Old 11-27-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Pete ran up scores at USC and Reggie Bush took money from someone who has no ties to USC so obviously he's also handing put steroids to....
Old 11-27-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Doesn't really matter. I don't know why you automatically defend every Seahawk. Some of them get exactly what's coming to them. One of our starting cornerbacks couldn't stop smoking weed for a Super Bowl run. Doesn't matter if it's the first or third, that is some dumbassery. I care more that a couple of the secondary guys caught so caught up in thinking that they're the **** that they partied themselves right out of the party. I almost feel bad for Browner, because he's probably not going to win his appeal and he's always going to have to live with getting kicked off the team that finally gave him the opportunity to realize his NFL dream. But nobody needs to making excuses for him. Nobody needs to be saying, "But it's not that bad, because he's only in stage 3 because he also disregarded the rules years ago despite the way it could affect him in the future." It's just history repeating itself. There's a reason he couldn't stick with a team when he was a rookie, and there's a reason he's getting kicked off a team now. And it's not a lack of talent. It's just who Brandon Browner is. Think it does underscore the point that Carroll puts a premium value on raw ability over character, though. As fans we've just got to roll with that and understand that the teams he likes to put together are most likely going to be very talented with a little drama always happening on the side.
He never defended him or made excuses for him. He gave us the info was all. I was wondering how the hell he got a full year for substance abuse and he finally answered why.

As for the bold, we as fans love to think that NFL players dream about the Super Bowl above all else. But what Browner's probably more upset about is that he just threw millions of dollars out the window for smoking weed. That's just awful. I feel bad for him because of the money.

To your point about Carroll - this is the NFL. Every team has shady characters in their locker room. Every team puts premium value on raw talent over character. That's the famous quote from last year: "we draft guys who rob banks." The teams that pigeon-hole themselves into only drafting top-notch character people end up like Ruskell's Seahawks or Gene Smith's Jaguars.

I don't blame Carroll or Schneider for two NFL players smoking weed and getting caught. I blame the two guys who did it. The leaders and coaches absolutely made everyone aware the repercussions for stupid behavoir. These young guys didn't care. It happens given who makes up the league. Young 20-somethings who think they're the **** and have never been told no.

Last edited by gpngc : 11-27-2013 at 05:16 PM.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote