Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I watch that Packers/Patriots game every 5 years or so, just for the sake of nostalgia, and it was a better game than people remember. Parcells had coached up a very good Pats team and Bledsoe was a very good young QB.
And it was close! Until Howard returns that kick. If he doesn't return that it couldve been a totally different game.

Very good SB. I watch the 2007 and 2011 DVD every now and then. I'm probably gonna watch it once this week while I mourn our season.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
And it was close! Until Howard returns that kick. If he doesn't return that it couldve been a totally different game.

Very good SB. I watch the 2007 and 2011 DVD every now and then. I'm probably gonna watch it once this week while I mourn our season.
For sure. I think people remember Favre running around with his helmet in the air, Desmond Howard doing things, and Reggie White getting his three sacks; but people forget that the Patriots could have absolutely won that game. It was so close, they just didn't get the right breaks.

I've always thought Reggie should have been the MVP of that game. His pass rush, on a crucial drive, was the death blow.

Last edited by WCH : 11-26-2013 at 01:06 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is one of the few weeks I want Oakland to win. **** them cowboys!

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:32 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shots Fired:

Quote:
Sitton said on Sports Radio 1250 in Milwaukee that he believes if injured quarterback Aaron Rodgers returned on Thursday in Detroit, the players on the Lions’ defensive line would deliver a cheap shot with the idea that they’d take a fine and a 15-yard penalty to hurt the opposing quarterback. Sitton said he thinks the Lions’ players play dirty, and that coach Jim Schwartz, defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham and defensive line coach Kris Kocurek encourage their players to play dirty.

“They go after quarterbacks, their entire defense takes cheap shots all the time,” Sitton said. “That’s what they do, that’s who they are. They’re a bunch of dirtbags or scumbags. I mean, that’s just how they play. That’s how they’re coached. That starts with their frickin’ coach. That starts with their head coach, Schwartz. He’s a dick, too. I wouldn’t want to play for him. It starts with him and their D-coordinator and their D-line coach. They’re all just scumbags and so are the D-line.”
We might be in for an interesting game on Turkey Day.

Last edited by WCH : 11-27-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's right. Schwartz encourages it and he's a dirt bag.

I don't have a problem with what he said.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well he said how he feels, gotta appreciate that at least. Might have to deal with some heat for it but he's been around long enough to understand how that works.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm curious what everyone else thinks the saints chances are
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

I think the Seahawks are the best team in the NFL this season, but the Saints are definitely good enough to beat anybody on any given Sunday (or Monday).
Old 11-27-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Speaking of the Saints, the past couple of years have been a case study in the value of a great HC. I've always liked Payton, but I didn't think his suspension would make them go from elite, to crap, to elite again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i don't think any team is good enough to be 'the best' this season. even speaking relatively.
That's fair enough. There's nobody who is the "best" team this season. What I meant was, if you put a gun to my head and made me guess, I'd pick Seattle to beat anybody in a one game matchup. But there are maybe half a dozen teams who could be viewed as legit contenders? Maybe closer to a dozen? I honestly wouldn't be shocked if this is one of those seasons where a team like the Bears, Cardinals, or Eagles just get hot at the right time and make a deep playoff run.

Last edited by WCH : 11-27-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Quote:
I think you can say that for the past several years. Parity is at an all time high.

We haven't had a "that's hands down the best team in the league and they will win the SB" team in quite a while.
We have, but then they lose to the Giants. :/
Old 11-27-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
I don't think I ever actually root for the team that wins the Super Bowl (unless they're the heavy underdog situation where everyone is rooting for them and they end up winning).

It sucks.
The only time I've ever rooted for a team with the primary reason of wanting them to win in the SB was the Cardinals. Fitz :(

Bills are back this week! Maybe we can win our fake home game before getting our mathematical chances crushed in Tampa.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the record I don't think we can win a SB outdoors in February. Every SB should be in a dome.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
For the record I don't think we can win a SB outdoors in February. Every SB should be in a dome.
That is the dumbest idea ever . SB is made to be played outside . **** the domes.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Indoor teams build their teams to play indoors, so their fans think that every game should be played in a dome.

Outdoor teams build their teams to play outdoors, so their fans think that every game should be played outdoors.

I think that at the extremes (mud, rain/snow storms, etc), weather can introduce a degree of randomness that levels the playing field. I also think it's more fun to watch. Indoor games, on the other hand, will generally favor teams with a better passing attack and an accurate kicker who might not have the leg strength to kick a cold ball 45+ yards.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking forward to the Colts NOT getting their asses kicked in the first half for once.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Indoor teams build their teams to play indoors, so their fans think that every game should be played in a dome.

Outdoor teams build their teams to play outdoors, so their fans think that every game should be played outdoors.

I think that at the extremes (mud, rain/snow storms, etc), weather can introduce a degree of randomness that levels the playing field. I also think it's more fun to watch. Indoor games, on the other hand, will generally favor teams with a better passing attack and an accurate kicker who might not have the leg strength to kick a cold ball 45+ yards.
That's fair enough thinking. I just think the most important game of year should be the best conditions possible. The '06 SB was one of the most boring ever because of the rain.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Every SB should be played in Baseball/Football stadiums!!

I think outdoor football is the best. The weather ******* with everyone is awesome sauce.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's fair enough thinking. I just think the most important game of year should be the best conditions possible. The '06 SB was one of the most boring ever because of the rain.
How much fun was Denver/Baltimore last year? Giants/Packers in '07? Patriots/Raiders in '01?

Last edited by Jughead10 : 11-27-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers should be proud of their tie against the Vikings. Any non-loss without Aaron Rodgers is a bonus. QB Matt Flynn is only decent when playing in the Packers system, but the good news is that's the team he's playing for again. I think GB can pull out a close win on Thursday, as the Lions could be starting one of their freefalls.

Because the 2014 draft is expected to be rich in quarterbacks (unlike the QB dust bowl of 2013), it seems that everybody is expecting practically every team not named the Broncos or Patriots to use a high pick at the postion. But it looks like the Buccaneers already found their QB of the future in this year's draft. Mike Glennon was in the top 50 in most 2013 draft boards, and now people are finding out why. He keeps getting better every week.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We'll talk tuesday. Right now i'say Seattle is probably 2-1 followed by Denver and the Saints at 3-1. A lot of ball left to play.

Not sure if you meant monday night or Superbowl. Monday i think it could be interesting but you have to give some advantage to the Seahawks for being at home. The playoffs could be differant where i don't think home field accounts for that much.

Last edited by Babylon : 11-27-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
and i get that, but i just look at basically every team this year, and there's some fatal flaw. peyton gets stressed/secondary issues here, alex smith in kc, new england is basically tom brady and absolutely nothing else. just for a couple off the top of my head.

i think there are probably 5-6 teams that i would expect would beat anyone else in the league. the problem is, they've all lost, and they've all played some really bad teams much closer than an 'elite' team should have.

and i don't buy that it's parity, the nfl is just mediocre right now.
I just don't see Seattle's fatal flaw. Last year, it was absolutely the ability to throw the ball downfield. This year I can't find it. The narrative is the OL after the National TV Rams game, but everyone's back healthy now and they've played awesome the past two weeks. I guess the run D because they had a bad 2-week stretch against Stacy and James? Idk. Tough to call their run D a fatal flaw when they give up less than 17 points a game.

As you mention, Denver's D struggles against the pass. I guess that's their fatal flaw. But Seattle doesn't consistently struggle in any area like that.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Saints will win if their D can get timely stops. They are going to give up rushing yards. They need to force Wilson into mistakes (which is tough) and limit them to FGs in the red zone. And try to cause a turnover when Wilson takes his shots.

If the Seahawks WRs outplay the Saints DBs, the Seahawks will probably win the game. That's the difference.

Brees is absolutely going to score points. They have a matchup nightmare with Graham (no one can cover him on Seattle), and they're missing a corner. Brees will put up 21 points at least.

But the flip side is that if you get down early, Seattle's running the ball well (and your run D isn't good), Wilson smells blood and makes a big throw or two or a big scramble, and Brees makes one or two mistakes, the avalanche comes. I'd guess it's a close game, but the avalanche is always a possibility with how good the team is.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And if the Saints can win this game and take homefield throughout the playoffs, I think they're the frontrunners to go to the SB out of the NFC bc nobody is beating NO in NO.
The Panthers will destroy them. People aren't getting this!
Old 11-27-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whether my team is a passing team or not a passing team, I don't think unforeseeable weather elements should be dictating how a team attacks another team, and they absolutely do. And bad teams absolutely love having a torn up and destroyed field so that everything is sloppy and played tight.

In a perfect world, every game would be played in similar conditions, IMO, if you want to really know who the best teams are. If you want to introduce other variables, you aren't really figuring out who the best team was. Some prefer that though, it's a just a matter of opinion.

And Carolina won't destroy us. Lol.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
playing games in a dome isn't football. it's entertainment.
Then I guess you can say that about anything. I never thought of adverse and unpredictable weather that can render parts of the game totally useless as "football."
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote